View Poll Results: Huge SW fan? MMO FAN? BOTH?

Voters
461. This poll is closed
  • HUGE SW fan will buy anything SW related

23 4.99%
  • Major MMO fan just loved to play any new MMO

92 19.96%
  • a mix of both love SW and love MMOs

346 75.05%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Deviltry View Post
    Ofcourse because it's an MMO.

No one in their right minds would think that Star Wars or Batman or whatever last centuries fantasies (except Aliens, now they invented the future) is cool or leet or etc, unless they're full of nostalgia or die hard fans.
    Current fantasies just blow oldies out of water. Like those robots - so primitive... Or these four legged tanks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhpS69eAXrU so primitive and clumsy. Current war machines would blow and outmaneuver them. So not even talking about today's movies or games futuristic war machines.
    And when I was finishing watching all Futurama episodes...

I'm not really a fan of Star Wars at all but I love this MMO too much to not play it. I played the beta out of bordem and I'm so glad I did now.

Very simple. I kept an eye on the game because of the hype. I bought it because I played beta and loved it. If I hadn't played it for myself and loved it I wouldn't have preordered it.

I... adore starwars. I am eternally in love with MMO's.

I love this game so much it hurts in a way that, were it a living, breathing male-type-person, I'd cheat on my husband with him.

That's right.

I said it.

It's Penguin Heaven, Dave. It's anywhere you want it to be.

WoW was my first MMO and Im not a huge Star Wars person at all, Ive only seen the movies a couple of times. But I am a big Bioware fan, loved Knights of the Old Republic, loved Mass Effect, so Ill give this a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by nogard46 View Post
    I'm really curious, if you have preordered or you are planning to play the game, are you more interested in it because it is Star Wars? Or because you just really enjoy MMO's? Or is it a little of both, I'm really interested in getting a feel of players who will be interested in the game and what their mind set is before the game is even launched.
    I want to play it for the story, I couldn't care less that ti is an MMO. Either way I am planning on waiting a year or two before playing it, for the chance it could go to free to play if the game fails, I honestly don't want to up another sub for it but that is just me.

I went ahead and said because it's an MMO...But its more complicated than that. I enjoy Star Wars but to call me a fan in any way would kinda be a stretch. I was curious about TOR but had no plans to buy it but I went ahead and signed up for the beta mostly due to the hype.
    The decision to buy the game simply came from playing it in beta. Until then, I hadn't really considered buying it.

I'm interested in it for its MMO aspects. I'm a star wars fan but originally wasn't interested in TOR as I thought it was just another WOW wannabe. After seeing some beta videos though the game has my attention. The fully voiced quest dialogues along with class storylines greatly enhances in-game immersion while adding replayability for alts. The smuggler/Imperial agent classes seem to be fairly unique with the cover mechanic though I'm worried it will wind up becoming some meaningless gimic. It also looks like the end-game will be less centered around the traditional raid or die mmo mentality.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because it's made by Bioware mainly (Bioware kicks ass at writing a good story). ME 1 and 2 were awesome, prolly 3 wil be too. I don't know how the endgame will play out, if it's fun, great, if not, 4 classes on each side with different quests and play styles will keep me busy for a while. MMO comes second place, it's a bonus.

Though I can't really say it's either of the choices for myself, picked fan of MMOs since it's the closest representation. The beta sold the game for me and the future motif that my friends are also likely to play as well due to their love of MMOs.

1. because its Star Wars
    2. because it's a bioware game
    3. it's an mmo
    4. I got the chance to play 3 beta weekends and fell in love with this game
    5. my clan from another game are hopping on the train with me to SWTOR

I have always been a fan of Star Wars. Since I got introduced to MMO´s it´s one of my favorite genres. I love KOTOR 1 wich is made by Bioware. And I am sick of WoW (unsubbed shortly after Cata). Thats option nr.3 for me.

Thats the reason I got interested in it. But playing it.. After trying the beta all I can say is:" I need more". It was all I was hoping for, and a little bit more.
    -- And as things fell apart Nobody paid much attention --

10+ Year Old Account
    Bit of both maybe, but I was never even slightly drawn to SWG.

I like my Star Wars games but I'm not fanatical about them... I mean I enjoyed Jedi Knight II but felt no compulsion to go back and play its predecessors. Shadows of the Empire was my favourite game on the N64, KOTOR 1 and 2 are both in my top five favourite games ever and I thoroughly enjoyed Force Unleashed and its sequel... But each instance of that was more on the merits of them being good games rather than what franchise they belonged to. I never touched Battlefront or Republic Commando for instance. They just didn't appeal to me. I'm not big on the Rogue Squadron/X-Wing type games either for some weird reason.

For me it's more because it's Bioware, a spiritual continuation of KOTOR and a Star Wars game. I'm sure one or two of those things alone would make it worth checking out, but it's all three that's got me genuinely excited.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

I love starwars, but also this little subtlety. It's an mmoRPG.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarasthura View Post
    Because it's Bioware and it's Star Wars
    This. Not sure i would have been interested in a Star Wars MMO if not a Bioware's game.