changing alchemy mastery question

Ok so i leveled my alt to max 525 alchemy and made him a transmute master for the truegold rush in the first weeks of cata...then i made him a potion master about a week and a half ago...but potions don't proc at all so i want to go back to transmute master.

Problem is the potion trainer in cenarion refugee is not letting me pay the 150g to unlearn potion mastery...is there like a 2 week CD on changing masteries or something?? or is this a bug??

You don't go to Outlands anymore to switch masteries. You go to alchemy trainer in org or stormwind. You do a little quest, and you get it. That said, potions are the best mastery right now for raiders. You will get way more procs on pots than flasks and transmutes. Flasks can be made by the guild, and you can go a very long time without a transmute proc.

oh stormwind now ok thank you

and yea we have flask cauldrons provided by the guild every night and 3or 4 pot mastery alchemists already in the guild who supply us with our tolvir or golemblood pots etc.

thank you though appreciate the help

ok they changed the quest to learn the initial specialization, but no where have I seen it stated what it costs to CHANGE specializations or WHERE you do it.
    ANy info PLZ!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nwgminion View Post
    ok they changed the quest to learn the initial specialization, but no where have I seen it stated what it costs to CHANGE specializations or WHERE you do it.
    ANy info PLZ!
    Would like to know too!

Quote Originally Posted by nwgminion View Post
    ANy info PLZ!
    You cannot change alchemy specialization at the moment. Hopefully it will be fixed in a future mini patch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    You don't go to Outlands anymore to switch masteries. You go to alchemy trainer in org or stormwind. You do a little quest, and you get it. That said, potions are the best mastery right now for raiders. You will get way more procs on pots than flasks and transmutes. Flasks can be made by the guild, and you can go a very long time without a transmute proc.
    Yep, I'll be swapping to Potion Mastery tomorrow. Transmutation Mastery is frankly not worth it given the cooldowns involved with transmutes.

There's a little red button next to your specialization that said something about unlearning your specialization. I'm pretty sure you need to use it to un-learn your current spec before you can get the quest to take a spec.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Inde View Post
    You cannot change alchemy specialization at the moment. Hopefully it will be fixed in a future mini patch
    Incorrect, I was told by a GM its possible, he just wouldnt say how as its something we have to discover ourselves (total BS)

Quote Originally Posted by Tanae View Post
    Incorrect, I was told by a GM its possible, he just wouldnt say how as its something we have to discover ourselves (total BS)
    You absolutely can change specializations right now. I did it on Tuesday to change my Transmute mastery to Potions. I went to the alchemy trainer in Orgrimmar and dropped Transmute, then had to make 2x Potion of Treasure Finding, 6x Mythical Mana, 6x Mytical Healing and turned it in to the same guy. I can't remember if I had all the other masteries available to me from that trainer, sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have to do the quest every time you change masteries now. AKA to change from potion to elixir to potion to elixir, you have to do the quest every, single, time. Learned this the hard way.

Stood in the Fire skidmarksteve's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by majinbebi View Post
    You have to do the quest every time you change masteries now. AKA to change from potion to elixir to potion to elixir, you have to do the quest every, single, time. Learned this the hard way.
    ah that sucks... i think i wont be changing from transmute any time soon...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarrgh View Post
    You absolutely can change specializations right now. I did it on Tuesday to change my Transmute mastery to Potions. I went to the alchemy trainer in Orgrimmar and dropped Transmute, then had to make 2x Potion of Treasure Finding, 6x Mythical Mana, 6x Mytical Healing and turned it in to the same guy. I can't remember if I had all the other masteries available to me from that trainer, sorry.
    What lvl was your alchemy?