Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Which class has the best companions? The worst?

Additionally, is there somewhere I can find a list of the companions available to each class with screenshots?

15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.hotrodacc.com/swtor/comp.html

Some of those screens are from older build but i think it got enough info for you

I have to say, I wasn't planning on playing a Jedi Knight, but I rolled one up to about 15 in beta. I would play that class just because of T7-01 Astomech droid. T7 is awesome. He is simultaniously charming, funny, brave, cute, and kick ass. "// T7 has Jedi's back! //"

I also really liked Mako, the bounty hunters first companion. Having her follow you around healing you is pretty cool.

Those are the two that struck me the most. Kaliyya was kinda forgettable for the IA, and I didn't get too my time with Qyzen Fess on the JC.

So far most of the companions seem really good. Even the ugly ones that I thought I would hate I eventually started feeling more positive and affectionate about. They grow on you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most are pretty good, with the exception being Aric Jorgan for the Trooper. He's just ranged DPS... for a class who's primary role is ranged DPS. Figure that one out.

He's so bad, in fact, that it's preferable to use the ship droid when you get him, because at least that guy can heal you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kateryna View Post

I also really liked Mako, the bounty hunters first companion. Having her follow you around healing you is pretty cool.
    I really grew to despise Mako. I kept hearing her even though I wasn't even a Bounty Hunter.

Overall, can't really say who has the best since we haven't seen all of the companions yet. For the low levels, I kind of liked Corso.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob from Accounting View Post
    You can take the ship droid out with you ? :O
    Hes the worst companion out there :/

Deleted
    either T7 or the one the trooper gets, ive found that every one ive had has been decent tho and you should only really choose them based on your crafts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mako as the first companion for BH being a healer has a few advantages, to bad she never shuts the hell up.

Personally even though I'll be playing empire, the first JK companion T7 was my favourite. there is something about a droid with a personality that just warms your heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer female companions over men. I don't know why. So far only few male companions have had the personality that I like. T7 is amazing, I must say. First I thought it'd be boring since it's only a droid but my god it's so funny and adorable.
    Of lips of splendor and tongues of deceit

I really liked Khem Val. Not only does he look awesome with the customizations but is a great tank as an early sorcerer.

Most awesome of all, when you are an inquisitor he always threatens to eat the sith, even your master during the dialogue, its hilarious.

Apparently they fixed the bug where companions wouldn't shut the hell up, or at least reduced how often they'd speak.

So that's some good news.

I was sick of Vette saying "Boom!" 5 times in a row whenever I attacked a group on my sith warrior.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eddo69 View Post
    I really liked Khem Val. Not only does he look awesome with the customizations but is a great tank as an early sorcerer.

Most awesome of all, when you are an inquisitor he always threatens to eat the sith, even your master during the dialogue, its hilarious.
    same !! Khem Val ( didn't recall his name ) was probably the companion I liked the most due to the same reasons eddo69 likes him.

He's like " Who is this guy ? want me to kill him ? " , and the "little sith" remarks are nice ;P

AMEN to fixing them talking a lot.

Smuggler (minus Corso) and IA are the best to me. Sith Warrior also has a strong group of companions.

JK seem really blah, don't like T7. JC are also yuck until Nadia who's last. can't say I like BH or Trooper a whole lot so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only played two during the beta: Consular and Smuggler. I liked Qyzen Fess, he was really cool. Since his speech is gibberish anyway, having him spam comments didn't really bother me; I couldn't understand it anyway :-P

I really, REALLY hated Corso. He's some backwater, gun-toting member of the NRA, freaking hick. I HATE people like him. If I ever play a smuggler in live, he will be the only companion that gets permanently shelved as soon as I get another one. Also, he's definitely not the comp to use if you plan on going DS - when I shot Syleena, he got PISSED. Most of the other DS options I picked during conversations gave me negative affection with him as well. Just not my type of comp.

I also saw a LOT of the T7s running around. I guess a lot of people went JK. They seemed pretty cool. The damage they dealt was actually pretty nice, and the comments were definitely hilarious. My main will be a JK/Guardian on live, so it's nice to know at least one of the comps for them is really great. I'm very, very interested in seeing what Kira's like, as she'll be the one I romance. (Maybe the only one available to romance? Haven't really looked at the list.)

Bounty Hunter got a Jawa with a rocket launcher named Blizz on Hoth. Just something to chew on...

Mako for her healing, but i hate that she wants you to absolutely murder your enemy but your not allowed to kill anyone else...

Hands down Blizz for bounty hunter xD

What level range is Hoth?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob from Accounting View Post
    You can take the ship droid out with you ? :O
    a lot of sources say you cant, but I tested mine and it was pure healing, it would occasionally punch the enemies for very small amounts. Since cybertech makes droid components, maybe it is viable when fully geared, I dont know.