Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDoomkin View Post
    LFR is meant to be skipped over by those who are able to play their class well, leaving it to those who need the extra boost to do normal, or for those looking for something to do. If anything, the community looked at it wrong and thought : Heroic dungeons -> LFR-Normal. It is a stupid mentality, especially seeing as it is 2 weeks since it has been out and the loot system needs more work.
    On paper, sure. But as demonstrated, folks of all play calibers will use it to try to gear if there's an advantage to it.

If that advantage wasn't there, the lfr system wouldn't do nearly as well, because participation makes it 'work'. In 2 months, you're going to see queue times start to climb, as less players who raid in the first place will need gear from it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Captain Obvious says, if your guild requires LFR raiding and you don't want to do it, then it's time to find a new guild.

Unfortunate, and easier said than done of course, but that's life I guess.

lfr is so easy just nuke boss...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've become ambivalent about LFR. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a good thing, but I'm thinking that maybe I shouldn't have done it, as it takes a little something away from the personal achievement of getting to see the bosses, much less kill them. I really didn't have to do any significant work to a) see all of the bosses in DS and b) get two big upgrades.

I'm not talking about the tired old argument that only players who want to "work" for their kills and gear should get to see the content. I'm talking strictly about how it's affecting me.
    I'm a crazy taco.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    On paper, sure. But as demonstrated, folks of all play calibers will use it to try to gear if there's an advantage to it.

If that advantage wasn't there, the lfr system wouldn't do nearly as well, because participation makes it 'work'. In 2 months, you're going to see queue times start to climb, as less players who raid in the first place will need gear from it.
    Disagree. After the FL nerf, there were many more pugs on my server, by and large started and run by members of established guilds on their alts. Those alts will still want upgrades as will those players who took a break or whatever. It might not be the place you find serious raiders on their mains, but that doesn't mean they wont have cause to be there on other toons.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDoomkin View Post
    LFR is meant to be skipped over by those who are able to play their class well, leaving it to those who need the extra boost to do normal, or for those looking for something to do. If anything, the community looked at it wrong and thought : Heroic dungeons -> LFR-Normal. It is a stupid mentality, especially seeing as it is 2 weeks since it has been out and the loot system needs more work. -_-
    What you're missing is that it is, in fact, a way for skilled players to get some better gear so they can progress more quickly in the normal mode raid. Either on their way to heroic modes or just to complete normal. In the end, however, everyone chooses their own path. Personally, I think its nuts to avoid LFR if it's just going to help someone's guild progress in normal content.
    I'm a crazy taco.

Quote Originally Posted by tacoloco View Post
    In the end, however, everyone chooses their own path. Personally, I think its nuts to avoid LFR if it's just going to help someone's guild progress in normal content.
    The problem though, is that unless you follow the path that Blizzard and the Community has laid out for you, you'll be walking it alone.

Since Blizzard's officially adopted gearscore as itemlevel, it is the end-all be-all of 'gearchecks'. As much as everyone will laugh and scream no, the only players smart enough to know the difference between gearchecks and itemlevel are doing content that presumes a higher average itemlevel then the ones that are using ilvl as a basis.

That being said, LFR is 'the' method Blizzard has provided to reaching the latest 'newbie ilvl', which will be required for raiding, so the community will follow suit.

If Blizzard stopped making everything revolve around itemlevel, and focus on stats instead... the community would follow.