Cyborg R.A.T. 9 Gaming Mouse

Been gaming for a while now. Recently I purchased a decent laptop so I could play the high end graphics games like BF3 and Skyrim.

However I have a portable laptop mouse which I use for gaming purposes and I was looking for a mouse which leaned towards gaming purposes.

I am not a pro/hardcore gamer by any means but just a bit more than casual gamer (when I play I really get into it). Was viewing Best Mice on the Cnet review website and saw this wierd looking mouse.

I was just curious has anyone tried this mouse out or knows anyone that has it. How is it?

Would link post but do not have linking privileges yet.

Deleted
    I've tried the R.A.T. 7, it's pretty sweet for playing fps with the precision aim button, on the fly mouse sensitivity switching, the weights, etc.. It's really nice because you can customize it to fit your hand. I have really small hands ( like dainty girl hands) and it fit really well still. If you have bigger hands there are different panels u can fit in, and you can adjust the length of the mouse, the angle of the thumb rest, and even the pinky rest. The biggest selling point of the mouse is probably all the ways you can customize it to fit your hand.

I've had the RAT 7 almost since its release. Easily the most comfortable mouse I've ever owned. I have big hands and was able to get the mouse to fit just right.

For a laptop I'd go with the G700, the RAT9 reciever is big and the G700 one just sticks out like 5mm from your USB port.
    Also I don't like the whole lego-style and it uses the shitty Philips twin-eye sensor.

The G700 uses the Avago 9500 sensor, same as G9x.
    Last edited by LeVvE; 2011-12-03 at 02:27 PM.

Fuzzeekee
    Quote Originally Posted by LeVvE View Post
    For a laptop I'd go with the G700, the RAT9 reciever is big and the G700 one just sticks out like 5mm from your USB port.
    Also I don't like the whole lego-style and it uses the shitty Philips twin-eye sensor.

The G700 uses the Avago 9500 sensor, same as G9x.
    I own a g700. It's not even the same type of mouse...You're just stating your personal preference. It's still a decent mouse and has different/more features than my g700...The g700 is a palm mouse, is not adjustable, and does not include weights. The R.A.T. Series is a claw style mouse that is HIGHLY adjustable. (More than any other mouse)

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzeekee View Post
    I own a g700. It's not even the same type of mouse...You're just stating your personal preference. It's still a decent mouse and has different/more features than my g700...The g700 is a palm mouse, is not adjustable, and does not include weights. The R.A.T. Series is a claw style mouse that is HIGHLY adjustable. (More than any other mouse)
    You quoted him saying his was just inserting his "personal preference", try to counter it, and end up doing the same exact thing by stating your own bias. There's no away around it either way though since the OP is basically asking for people's biased opinions. But I regress...

Different people like different mice. The best option is to go to a store and test them out yourself. If you live in the US, you can swing by a BestBuy and test out all their gaming equipment there, then go home and order it online.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Fuzzeekee
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    I like how you quoted him saying his was just inserting his "personal preference", try to counter it, and end up doing the same exact thing by stating your own bias.

Different people like different mice. The best option is to go to a store and test them out yourself. If you live in the US, you can swing by a BestBuy and test out all their gaming equipment there, then go home and order it online.
    Why are you replying? I own the same mouse as the person I quoted. Anyone can explain differences freely on a forum....I just said that one is a claw mouse, and one is a palm mouse, AND all the features are different...

Countering? Really? Do you do this to fluff your post count?

Why are you replying? I own the same mouse as the person I quoted. Anyone can explain differences freely on a forum....I just said that one is a claw mouse, and one is a palm mouse, AND all the features are different...

Countering? Really? Do you do this to fluff your post count?
    I only named the G700 becuase it's another WIRELESS gaming mouse, if I was gonna name my personal preference I'd name G9x. And if hes gonna use it for a laptop, if you bring your laptop with you do you want a reciever that can sit in all the time or one thats a big fat ass station?.

And the stuff about the sensor is not my personal thing, it's just general stuff about that sensor, google it.
    RAT serie is overpriced, overhyped crap.
    Last edited by LeVvE; 2011-12-03 at 08:26 PM.

Fuzzeekee
    Quote Originally Posted by LeVvE View Post
    I only named the G700 becuase it's another WIRELESS gaming mouse, if I was gonna name my personal preference I'd name G9x. And if hes gonna use it for a laptop, if you bring your laptop with you do you want a reciever that can sit in all the time or one thats a big fat ass station?.

And the stuff about the sensor is not my personal thing, it's just general stuff about that sensor, google it.
    RAT serie is overpriced, overhyped crap.

Clarification for the OP:

Text #1 In Green.)
    Personal preference. I have no problem with some sort of station with any of my devices, but we don't know if the OP does.
    Text #2 In Blue.) All the reviews so far say the sensor is great. I found multiple reviews that said so, so now you're just trying to argue. I run my g700 in wired mode because I hate charging it. And it had serious sensor issues in BF3 until I talked to EA over the phone, and they told me to patch it. Once again I'm only saying this because you're talking about some glitch you're experiencing that the reviewers haven't. I'm sorry to hear your experience was negative.
    Text #3 In Red.) Personal opinion. I'm still going to buy this mouse if I have excess cash, but I'll probably get the R.A.T. MMO...Everyone says it is a very highly customizable mouse and the features are nice. It's a much different mouse, but I still want to try this claw style gaming mouse because I am very used to my palm style g700...I am considering getting it. I am not saying you are wrong for having an opinion. Other people including me think the mouse is great and has no issues, so the OP should consider it too if he likes claw style mice. We need to be open minded when helping others. This should help the OP more.

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    You quoted him saying his was just inserting his "personal preference", try to counter it, and end up doing the same exact thing by stating your own bias.
    Irony is that there is not a shred of "personal preference" in the post you're quoting.

The RAT series are claw style mice, but highly customizable and do indeed genuinely feature a large pack of features. These are plain facts. There's no opinionated mumbo jumbo in that statement. But as an owner of the RAT 7, everything I say about the series must surely be personal opinion and bias.

that mouse is an insult to good design.
    it looks like a bunch of scrapyard-refused stuff glued together

Quote Originally Posted by ohmygosh View Post
    that mouse is an insult to good design.
    it looks like a bunch of scrapyard-refused stuff glued together
    I find much irony in the fact you clearly don't know good design.

It may be an insult to your taste, perhaps, but certainly not an insult to "good" design. It is extremely functional, ie the design does not hamper its ability to operate, and completely embodies the company's name via an extremely delicate design style. Therefore, your claim is plain false.

Ironically, it is a good design and well crafted from a designer's POV.

---------- Post added 2011-12-04 at 03:45 AM ----------

Personally, I find two big flaws with the RAT 7 (which I presume bled over onto the RAT 9 too).
    a. Its horizontal scroll-wheel is hilariously redundant.
    b. There is a lack of variations in the accessories.
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2011-12-04 at 02:45 AM.

Clarification for the OP:

Text #1 In Green.)
    Personal preference. I have no problem with some sort of station with any of my devices, but we don't know if the OP does.
    Text #2 In Blue.) All the reviews so far say the sensor is great. I found multiple reviews that said so, so now you're just trying to argue. I run my g700 in wired mode because I hate charging it. And it had serious sensor issues in BF3 until I talked to EA over the phone, and they told me to patch it. Once again I'm only saying this because you're talking about some glitch you're experiencing that the reviewers haven't. I'm sorry to hear your experience was negative.
    Text #3 In Red.) Personal opinion. I'm still going to buy this mouse if I have excess cash, but I'll probably get the R.A.T. MMO...Everyone says it is a very highly customizable mouse and the features are nice. It's a much different mouse, but I still want to try this claw style gaming mouse because I am very used to my palm style g700...I am considering getting it. I am not saying you are wrong for having an opinion. Other people including me think the mouse is great and has no issues, so the OP should consider it too if he likes claw style mice. We need to be open minded when helping others. This should help the OP more.
    Yes, and a lot of reviews says MW3 is a good game as well, dosn't make it true you know. Google on the twin-eye sensor and you'll see it has a lot of liftoff problems, and it's not a stupid personal presence.

Buy whatever mouse you want, I'd still recommend the G700 over it because of the lift off problems.
    I'm not telling him not to buy a RAT mouse, but he should know the flaws.

I don't know what kind of DPI you're rolling at, sure if you're rocking full DPI and never lift your mouse, I'm sure it works like a charm, but I'm using sub 900 DPI all the time and lifting the mouse a lot, I don't want my camera angle flying all over the place just because I lift my mouse of the mat.
    Last edited by LeVvE; 2011-12-04 at 10:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i have my RAT7 set at 5600 dpi, and i have no lift off issues, the RAT is a good series, provided you buy the real one (7/9) and not the budget 3 or 5,

IMO it is the only mouse that can match the G9x in quality and performance (i have both)

as far as the wireless version for a laptop goes, i wouldn't get it, it's not really meant to be portable, but if you have a gaming laptop then you need to plug it into power anyway, and there is no reason to get the 9 over the 7 for that

there is also the Corsair M60, which is a RAT hardware clone, for those who don't like the cyborg plates on the RAT series