Page 1 of 2
LastLast

DW 10 normal loot

Just killed DW 10 tonight , and 2 agility stuffs dropped , only our hunter can use them for main spec. Isn't it really stupid that 10 man drops 2 same weapons at the same time(in 25 its ok because there are more ppl > lots of ppl need the same item.)
    I mean when ragnaros dropped weapons we didn't need (Str dps 2hand , agi dps 2hand ) a lot I could get it , at least it was not 2 same items at the same time.
    Is it intended for 10 man? Or should we submit a ticket to GM?

Random is random. Unfortunately, that's luck of the draw. I remember Enigma - US Deathwing, when they killed heroic LK the first few times they kept getting 2 or 3 of the sword or polearm, can't remember, and no one but a few could use it. Hell, people had heroic LK weapons for OS before some people had anything for main spec. Tragically, that's just the way the cookie crumbles sometimes.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

I find it odd that no previous cataclysm boss has ever dropped two of the same piece to my knowledge and they suddenly change it for DW.

The point isn't of the randomness causing duplicate pieces to drop, it's that all throughout Cata, this has never been the case for 10mans. Apparently, now it's possible.

Maybe it's a bug. Did you report it?

This is the way RNG works, but when you average it out over many weeks you'll find it all works out. If you had a hunter and a druid/rogue you would be golden.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

It's working as intended. Any ticket about drop chance or multiple/none drops of specific item gets that answer.
    "Paragon of the Light, lead our armies against the coming darkness."
    Эн / Калифпорния

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    This is the way RNG works, but when you average it out over many weeks you'll find it all works out. If you had a hunter and a druid/rogue you would be golden.
    Well, if it was RNG, I would've expected at least a couple of cases in the past 7 years of this happening. Has it? I know in all the years of raiding I've ever done, I've never seen that happen on anything other than tokens.

Deleted
    Hasn't been happening before DS in 10man. and it's pretty retarded considering we already only get 1 actual item per boss (+1token) on most of them.

Awful change if so. RNG loot is already problem in 10-men, so many 10-men guilds are trying to make roster with maximum classes/minimum competition to not have much wasted drops and overcompetition.

By the way, I recall some blue post was telling that 10-mens will get it easier in t13 what concerns tokens, but still bosses drop only one. Also we made alt raid for fun and so happened that we had no paladin/priest/warlock and of course those single token drops were conqueror's...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Well, if it was RNG, I would've expected at least a couple of cases in the past 7 years of this happening. Has it? I know in all the years of raiding I've ever done, I've never seen that happen on anything other than tokens.

Maybe it's a bug. Did you report it?
    Happened on PTR aswell. Had 4 No'Khaled (Agi 1hander axe) drop off Madness >.<

Had the same 2handed sword drop from Lich King twice in our first ICC 25man kill. RNG can be really random and unlucky, it just happens, hopefully it'll be rare to get the same useless crap twice. I've not noticed it happen in 10man since re-raiding in Firelands. Just notice the same un-needed crap dropping each week though.

@Sizzlinsauce;
    Ouch, on a 25man scale it isn't as bad i guess, unless it was a few weeks into Firelands, where no one would need the robe. >>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosic View Post
    Had the same 2handed sword drop from Lich King twice in our first ICC 25man kill. RNG can be really random and unlucky, it just happens, hopefully it'll be rare to get the same useless crap twice. I've not noticed it happen in 10man since re-raiding in Firelands. Just notice the same un-needed crap dropping each week though.

@Sizzlinsauce;
    Ouch, on a 25man scale it isn't as bad i guess, unless it was a few weeks into Firelands, where no one would need the robe. >>
    most of it got DE'ed or offspeced

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh we had 4 Shora'von's drop, get DE'd on our last week of Heroic Ragnaros 25m before 4.3

Classic Herod: Sinnermighty - Blood Legion (Unretired)

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnermighty View Post
    Heh we had 4 Shora'von's drop, get DE'd on our last week of Heroic Ragnaros 25m before 4.3
    OP speaks of 10-men, not LFR or 25 in general. For 25 it is "ok" to have duplicated loot, for 10-men it is salt on the wound if DS loot will work like this.

The OP's post was talking about that happening in 10 man, most of the responses to this thread seem to be 25 man experiences, which is a different story. I don't remember seeing double weapons in my 10 mans.

The first time we killed LK in 10man mode he dropped 2 of the bows. We didn't have an active raiding hunter. Our fifth or 6th kill he dropped 2 of the agility daggers. Things can be too random sometimes lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen it happen a few times over the last 7 years.
    “The Jedi…the Sith…you don’t get it, do you? To the galaxy, they’re the same thing; just men and women with too much power, squabbling over religion, while the rest of us burn.”-Atton Rand

We got two agility polearms as well.

Our warrior took one to troll with. Our hunter kept screaming, "I'm HUGE" when we were farming H FL.