Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I remember LK heroic often dropped two of the same weapons in 10 man but i havent seen it happen a single time in t11 or t12.

hehe this reminds me back to black wing lair times. the firstt 8 t2 chests were druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanya V View Post
    Just killed DW 10 tonight , and 2 agility stuffs dropped , only our hunter can use them for main spec. Isn't it really stupid that 10 man drops 2 same weapons at the same time(in 25 its ok because there are more ppl > lots of ppl need the same item.)
    I mean when ragnaros dropped weapons we didn't need (Str dps 2hand , agi dps 2hand ) a lot I could get it , at least it was not 2 same items at the same time.
    Is it intended for 10 man? Or should we submit a ticket to GM?
    Of course it was intended. Now your Hunter can carry the shit out of your other DPS considering he's got two amazing weapons. QQ More, call it a bug or whatever, but it's how loot works, it's random. Keyword : Random :\
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntwat View Post
    Hasn't been happening before DS in 10man. and it's pretty retarded considering we already only get 1 actual item per boss (+1token) on most of them.
    i beg to differ. a few months ago in a fl alt run we saw domo drop 2 eye of purification -.- ofc nobody could use/needed them

Check size of DW loot table and size or T11/T12 bosses' loot table (8 vs 10+). The chances you will be getting double drop are the higher the lower number of possible drops off a boss is (who would have thought that). So yeah, working as intended, enjoy your maelstrom crystal on week 1 and be glad something you actually can't use at all didn't drop twice. With the RNG on loot in 10 man be also prepared to disenchant at least one of these weapons every week till MoP hits shelves. *trollface*

Difference in Rag and DW is that Rag had weapons as well as other gear pieces (on top of the tier drop). Seemed Rag dropped three seperate tables. One weapon, one of the other, and the tier. (least that is how every kill was for us on 10s)

Deathwing is all one table though, so double of the same weapon is gonna happen.

We killed him last night and also got 2x agi weps lol. Our hunter and bear tank both got one.

Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    Check size of DW loot table and size or T11/T12 bosses' loot table (8 vs 10+). The chances you will be getting double drop are the higher the lower number of possible drops off a boss is (who would have thought that). So yeah, working as intended, enjoy your maelstrom crystal on week 1 and be glad something you actually can't use at all didn't drop twice. With the RNG on loot in 10 man be also prepared to disenchant at least one of these weapons every week till MoP hits shelves. *trollface*
    Thats not the reason at all. How it works is this: Loot is split into different categories. You've got tank loot, cloth caster loot, agi loot, etc etc, noone is sure exactly what the categories are. Only 1 item of each category can drop from a boss. However, for deathwing you have 1 category only: Weapons. This is why he drops 2 of the same weapon. It was the same with 10m LK.

2 same weapons here as well, both useless. First time a boss drops 2 of the same item in cata. Not amused.

We got two Rogue daggers. The most useless pieces of gear in all of DS, and we got TWO of them. I don't even know why they put those fucking things into the game when Rogues get better ones from the legendary quest twelve hours after the fourth boss dies...

Fuck life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanya V View Post
    Just killed DW 10 tonight , and 2 agility stuffs dropped , only our hunter can use them for main spec. Isn't it really stupid that 10 man drops 2 same weapons at the same time(in 25 its ok because there are more ppl > lots of ppl need the same item.)
    I mean when ragnaros dropped weapons we didn't need (Str dps 2hand , agi dps 2hand ) a lot I could get it , at least it was not 2 same items at the same time.
    Is it intended for 10 man? Or should we submit a ticket to GM?
    The same thing happened to us back on lich king on our first kill and all, two rogue daggers dropped I think but we didn't even have anyone who could use them. It's unlucky but that's how the loot system works and it's highly unlikely the GM's will change the loot.

Deleted
    We got 2 healing maces, which suites us perfect.. Feels good getting the first items off of Deathwing =D

Our first kill of madness dropped the hunter bow twice... rng or intended it is stupid and hurts 10 mans badly. Me(rogue) and the hunter took it. That bow is useless for me.

In 33 BWD, 29 BoT, 22 TotFW, & 22 Firelands clears we never had two of the same items drop on 10 man, in fact last time I saw it was on Lich King.

I'm guessing Madness of Deathwing will be similar to LK as previously mentioned. Luckily we got a Steps of Time (Caster staff) and a Maw (Healing mace)
    Sapperwix
    Blue Poster

The turtles... they're learning!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, we got 2 rogue weapons on our kill too so that was pretty worthless. But that's how it goes sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Well, if it was RNG, I would've expected at least a couple of cases in the past 7 years of this happening. Has it? I know in all the years of raiding I've ever done, I've never seen that happen on anything other than tokens.
    I'm not sure you understand how RNG works - specifically what the R stands for.