Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Exclamation End Time group disbanded in less than 3 minutes

tr;dl at the bottom!

So Tuesday I ran the heroics several times to get loot and VP capped on my druid tank. Today I decided to do the same on my dk alt that is ilvl 363 so not yet able to use the lfr function. I queue and average wait time says 14min so I go to the molten front to work on finishing the last stage of dailies. My queue finally pops after about 28 minutes and I get End Time of course because I haven't done any of them on my DK yet. We get the fire platform boss first (i don't remember his name) and one of the DPS says we can skip the trash and just go straight to the boss. He stealths and runs to the boss and I mount to run to the boss. All is good until the huntard waits too long to run through and ends up pulling two of the trash groups that ends in a wipe. He starts bitching that it was the tanks fault for running ahead and not pulling the trash while we try to explain that you don't need to pull the trash to kill the boss >.< We zone back in and everyone but the hunter and healer are standing on the platforms waiting so we can pull the boss. Then all the sudden the healer runs straight through one of the stationary trash groups and after about 10 seconds of the tank and healer running around like chickens with their heads cut off. The tank leaves followed by the healer then the rogue. All that's left was me and the hunter in a useless group. He then said some snide comment and left group. In the end I waited almost 30min to hear some idiot bitch because he sucks then have to wait another 10min until I could queue again.

tr;dl I had to wait almost 30min in the heroic queue as a dps only to have the group disband 2min in because people were idiots

What suggestions if any do you guys have that blizzard could implement to stop this from happening or make it less annoying if it does?

I was thinking that if everyone leaves within 5-10min the last 2 people in the group could be put back near the front of the queue again to make up for wasted time.

<Infracted for making a deliberately misleading thread title and for insulting people simply for pointing that out. Thread title has been changed to something less confusing, so everyone please drop that subject and discuss the main topic.>
    Last edited by mmoc2e3dee3473; 2011-12-06 at 02:50 PM.

Deleted
    Unless you leave you can continue the dugeon by re-queueing, i know i have done a few times before.

1 thing that i think they could do would be to have the dungeon deserter debuff last for 30 min of playing time rather than actual time, so even if u log off with 28 mins remaining on the debuff and log back on a few hours later u still have 28 mins on the debuff. Because as it is now ppl can leave a group, log another char and do a heroic or two and just log back after 30 mins with virtually no repercussions.

Hopefully this would stop people just auto leaving after a few wipes and encourage them to work together better, but maybe thats just wishful thinking

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Unless you leave you can continue the dugeon by re-queueing, i know i have done a few times before.
    The above, roll tank/healer or find friends who are. :3

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rojam2 View Post
    tr;dl at the bottom!

So Tuesday I ran the heroics several times to get loot and VP capped on my druid tank. Today I decided to do the same on my dk alt that is ilvl 363 so not yet able to use the lfr function. I queue and average wait time says 14min so I go to the molten front to work on finishing the last stage of dailies. My queue finally pops after about 28 minutes and I get End Time of course because I haven't done any of them on my DK yet. We get the fire platform boss first (i don't remember his name) and one of the DPS says we can skip the trash and just go straight to the boss. He stealths and runs to the boss and I mount to run to the boss. All is good until the huntard waits too long to run through and ends up pulling two of the trash groups that ends in a wipe. He starts bitching that it was the tanks fault for running ahead and not pulling the trash while we try to explain that you don't need to pull the trash to kill the boss >.< We zone back in and everyone but the hunter and healer are standing on the platforms waiting so we can pull the boss. Then all the sudden the healer runs straight through one of the stationary trash groups and after about 10 seconds of the tank and healer running around like chickens with their heads cut off. The tank leaves followed by the healer then the rogue. All that's left was me and the hunter in a useless group. He then said some snide comment and left group. In the end I waited almost 30min to hear some idiot bitch because he sucks then have to wait another 10min until I could queue again.

tr;dl I had to wait almost 30min in the heroic queue as a dps only to have the group disband 2min in because people were idiots

What suggestions if any do you guys have that blizzard could implement to stop this from happening or make it less annoying if it does?

I was thinking that if everyone leaves within 5-10min the last 2 people in the group could be put back near the front of the queue again to make up for wasted time.
    Dude. You know you can requeue even if you are the only person left in the group right?

tr;dl at the bottom!

Your suggestions have already been implemented. You just didn't do it.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveJohnKimble View Post
    Your suggestions have already been implemented. You just didn't do it.
    True. Even if everyone leaves, you can just requeue and you will be put at the top of the queue and the dungeon will be finished. I've done it several times, and usually I'm very happy about it because there's a major problem with your group if everyone leaves.

I came into this thread hoping to find a way to clear end time in 3 minutes. I was severely disappointed.

I just learned today that I could've skipped all those dragon packs... saved some time. Luckily Baine dropped my tanking pants

I don't follow. How did he run all of End Time in 3 minutes, if his party left him?
    "It was the product of a mind so twisted, it was actually sprained." -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by nurabsal View Post
    on an aside, i think Bane Falcon might be my hero
    2-2-2012. We shall always remember the day where Paladins ascended through the Light to become GODS.

tr;dl at the bottom!

this is why i'm so glad swtor won't have a lfg system.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arteous View Post
    We've already educated the OP. Your post doesn't make sense at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bane Falcon View Post
    I don't follow. How did he run all of End Time in 3 minutes, if his party left him?
    It was a play on words.

He didn't say "End Time Completed in 3 Minutes".

End Time in 3 minutes could mean many things.
    1. My queue for End Time took 3 minutes.
    2. My group for End Time finished the dungeon in 3 minutes.
    3. Time will literally end in 3 minutes.
    so on and so forth.

Your perceptions led you to believe what you thought.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Hrm, even when queuing as a dps I think I've waited for like 3mins tops. But that was on Thursday, maybe things have calmed down a bit.

All is good until the huntard waits too long to run through and ends up pulling two of the trash groups that ends in a wipe. He starts bitching that it was the tanks fault for running ahead and not pulling the trash while we try to explain that you don't need to pull the trash to kill the boss >.<
    emh, whats Camouflage?

10+ Year Old Account
    Many times my DPS has been left alone after a group leaves. I stay, requeue, get put in the front of the line, and get four new people pretty quickly.

Learn to work WITH the system instead of bitching.

Quote Originally Posted by Aktec View Post
    1 thing that i think they could do would be to have the dungeon deserter debuff last for 30 min of playing time rather than actual time, so even if u log off with 28 mins remaining on the debuff and log back on a few hours later u still have 28 mins on the debuff. Because as it is now ppl can leave a group, log another char and do a heroic or two and just log back after 30 mins with virtually no repercussions.

Hopefully this would stop people just auto leaving after a few wipes and encourage them to work together better, but maybe thats just wishful thinking
    Even if they didn't go this far, it might be useful to at least make the dungeon deserter debuff account wide. Either way though I think this would limit a lot of dropping after 1-5 minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arteous View Post
    So it takes hours to form a group?

So in other words you had a fail group because you were in too much of a hurry to gogogogo to bother pulling trash, and wasted 30 minutes to save 5 or so from actually killing the trash. I hope you learned your lesson. You should have said "No, be smart and pull the trash" or something similar.

This, folks, is why I when I tank I almost ALWAYS pull any and all trash on the way to where I'm going unless it's something obviously skippable (e.g. pat in ZA). The few minutes it takes to kill said trash is less than the time it takes to recover from a wipe if someone accidentally pulls them.

Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    So in other words you had a fail group because you were in too much of a hurry to gogogogo to bother pulling trash, and wasted 30 minutes to save 5 or so from actually killing the trash. I hope you learned your lesson. You should have said "No, be smart and pull the trash" or something similar.

This, folks, is why I when I tank I almost ALWAYS pull any and all trash on the way to where I'm going unless it's something obviously skippable (e.g. pat in ZA). The few minutes it takes to kill said trash is less than the time it takes to recover from a wipe if someone accidentally pulls them.
    If you would have actually read my post, the rogue said to skip not me, l2r

To the other people: yea i figured that out now just happened again. I hadn't done dungeons in forever due to rl stuff so that's why i didn't know/forgot thanks though!