Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is something up with Shadowfiend?

Hello!

I'm not quite sure but my shadowfiend seems extremely squishy since 4.3... :S
    It happened both in DS 25 normal and LFR that I summon the darned thing and regular aoe damage just kills it off right away. I'm pretty sure that it is supposed to have some sort of built-in aoe resistance like most other pets do (and it usually lives just fine in aoe environments) but these two raids it has been dying pretty much right away.

Some priests from the guild were saying they have experienced the same thing... anybody else that has noticed anything similar?

It is quite infuriating to get 5% mana back from a 5 minute cooldown because it dies straight off in most fights... :S

15+ Year Old Account
    Odd, I thought something was weird with fiend the other day too but disregarded the thought - but if other people did too...
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Does seem a bit squishy so defo not just you, So does this mean the most stupid pet in the game is now more stupid ?

/Life

Deleted
    As a hunter, i noticed my pet randomly dying on a couple of fights, i think its just a but or something and not a priest specific problem.

Hmm I think the "chain" type of damage in some fights doesn't help either - but I guess that it might be a pet specific problem then... Annoying anyway and nothing seems fixed in the last bug fix... hmm!

Stood in the Fire PromiscuousPenguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lifestreamx View Post
    Does seem a bit squishy so defo not just you, So does this mean the most stupid pet in the game is now more stupid ?

/Life
    I'm actually quite fond of mine. :P

I know mine has a tendency to de-spawn a few seconds after summoning during Ultraxion if I summon him within 5 seconds of returning back to the Twilight Realm from using Heroic Will....very annoying.

I haven't really noticed anything this past week, but I always run with Glyph of Shadowfiend, just in case he ever happens to bite the dust early.

j notice this as a warlock. My imp just randomly falls over and dies sometimes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakamae View Post
    I haven't really noticed anything this past week, but I always run with Glyph of Shadowfiend, just in case he ever happens to bite the dust early.
    Glyph of Shadow replaced Glyph of Shadowfiend for me
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

They should make the sahdowfiends like the face huggers from Half Life 2 and they just jump on people.

Unfortunately that glyph is just a minor "bonus" - it doesn't really make up for the stupid thing just despawning or dying in 2 seconds every time you summon it. I looked "after it" in yesterday's raid - on spine it still randomly dies, on madness it was OK, but I made sure to always summon it in a no damage phase... Not sure what to say about it to be fair... :S

Deleted
    I played my shaman on the spine and my totems were usually destroyed by the bloods ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dianthe View Post
    Unfortunately that glyph is just a minor "bonus" - it doesn't really make up for the stupid thing just despawning or dying in 2 seconds every time you summon it. I looked "after it" in yesterday's raid - on spine it still randomly dies, on madness it was OK, but I made sure to always summon it in a no damage phase... Not sure what to say about it to be fair... :S
    so now you have to put a bit more thought in when you regain mana. I myself don't use it at the time there's a lot of damage because then there's also a lot of healing, and if you know when those times are you can see if you have enough mana, if not use it before, if you do use it after

I guess the problem comes from what we think is "aoe". Things like green ooze where it shoots and damages X amount of players is a aoe but not a traditional one. It randomly selects a certain amount of players and hits them individually at the same time. The same goes with the red blood. A aoe that receives a 90% reduction would be haggra adds doing blizzard or ultraxion where its just a pulse and not targeted.
    Last edited by zito; 2011-12-09 at 02:38 PM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I can also confirm that hunter pets seem to take more damage, possibly it's also AoE. SO maybe there's something off with the general pet aoe-resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Miraine View Post
    I can also confirm that hunter pets seem to take more damage, possibly it's also AoE. SO maybe there's something off with the general pet aoe-resistance.
    No, zito's logic seems to fit a little better here.

While it sucks for pets, demon minions, and shadowfiends/treants alike, these abilities chewing through them is better than chewing through players. We just have to be smarter with using the Shadowfiend.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    The only place my pet has died in DS is on Hagara during the Lightning phase. The AoE damage from the conductor aggro's the pet, and the pet will start to attack it (as if it is a target-able mob), the damage from that is about 20% of its HP per 'tick'.

Very annoying as normally you are running away as well to kite the lightning and are out of range for Mend Pet.

Ill try and explain it a little better, there are several aoe's and they are labeled differently.

The most common is ground targeted, things includes blizzard, rain of fire, or an aoe that's just selected portion of the ground. Another aoe is pulse, it sends out a wave of damage that hits everyone and everything this includes Ultrax and yellow blood off Yogg. Now we have selected aoe, this sends out individual "missiles" to hit X amount of players for Y damage, this includes green and red blood off Yogg where the green one sends out individual attacks at the same time and red chains from person to person.

Pets only get 90% reduced aoe reduction on ground targeted and pulse aoe's. Individually targeted aoe are not affected by it. Which in a sense is a good thing as it targets pet's (like kel said) and not players and many pet classes have easy self heals to get their pet back up. However SF does not so its just about timing.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill View Post
    Glyph of Shadow replaced Glyph of Shadowfiend for me
    Oh my gawd you didn't...

That's it Aurelin, I'm leaving you. We're through!!

Actually I kinda want to see my mogs but after all the bitter noise and indignation posts I made on the official forum against people who want to turn off shadowform, I can't be a traitor to the cause. Original dark purple Shadowform is the only iconic spec specific graphic we have. It kept me sane through all the times when my gear didn't Even match one whit and I looked like a homeless crazy person. I will not succumb to vanity!!

Still <3 u though.

on-topic ps. Haven't noticed Fang dying that quick but he took my killing blow in WSG 1v1 against a ret in mid. Bad boy.
    Last edited by thevix; 2011-12-09 at 09:04 PM. Reason: moar stuffs to say