Security/Authenticator bonuses?

never seen anything about it, but while playing last weekend I saw a vendor on Coruscant that was something like a rewards vendor for having account security/authenticator. I wonder if you get some kind of pet or something for having one with WoW? Obviously couldn't see what it had without one. has anyone hear anything about this?

A few other planets had those vendors as well. No idea what they carry though.
    Yub Yub

The collector's edition has essentially an Authenticator in it. It can be inferred that they will be available to people "soon." The vendors on beta are there so you can pick up the CE items to try them out. For example, the pre-order crystal vendor was in beta so you could pick up a color crystal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aye I saw that mentioned in one of the loading screen 'tips' saying there was an Autheticor only vendor. I did a bit of tracking and found him.. of course as no one HAS an Authenticator yet, no idea what he sells... but I'm guess it'll be cool, but useless stuff, just to add further incentive to pick up an Authenticator.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

It could just be a vendor selling a perk .. like a pet

My biggest concern is where the jukebox is on the Imperial Fleet .. is it in the VIP lounge? /dance

It sells the Corehound Pup Droid.

Quote Originally Posted by KvanCetre View Post
    It sells the Corehound Pup Droid.
    Wicked quip bro.

OT: Really hope they release one to non-CE players. I really like having that second line of defense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Wicked quip bro.

OT: Really hope they release one to non-CE players. I really like having that second line of defense.
    I think the player base would murder Bioware/EA if they didn't release these to the public...we're talking about account security here. Would be the stupidest move in the history of MMOs to only allow the CE people to use authenticators. Even RIFT eventually came out with them.

I saw the loading screen tip myself. I already knew about the VIP vendor, and now I totally can't wait to see what I can nab from this security vendor. I love little stuff like this I'm sure it's all worthless junk, but it'll be FUN worthless junk!

Anyone can get an authenticator, collector's editions just get one free. Usually people with regular editions gripe because they believe they should get one free without paying extra for it.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

I saw those vendors as well. I wonder if they're intended to be a more convenient way to link an authenticator with your account.

You're already logged in, so maybe you talk to the vendor and give it the serial number of your authenticator to use it.

Guess we'll find out in a couple weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    Anyone can get an authenticator, collector's editions just get one free. Usually people with regular editions gripe because they believe they should get one free without paying extra for it.
    How much was the CE, an extra $30 or so above digital standard?

CE can have it. I'll buy the < $10 one whenever it's available.

Looks like we have a mystery here. Can't wait to see what this vendor has.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    How much was the CE, an extra $30 or so above digital standard?

CE can have it. I'll buy the < $10 one whenever it's available.
    Ha. Try $90...more. It's $150. The CE, while it may not be a "ripoff" per se (people say the figurine is worth good money), is certainly VERY pricey. Far more than I'm willing to spend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrenos View Post
    Ha. Try $90...more. It's $150. The CE, while it may not be a "ripoff" per se (people say the figurine is worth good money), is certainly VERY pricey. Far more than I'm willing to spend.
    i can afford it, i want it, i'm buying it
    to me, its not a ripoff
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Trollsbane, Jedi sodomist.

Quote Originally Posted by Herrenos View Post
    Holy balls!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karteli View Post
    It could just be a vendor selling a perk .. like a pet

My biggest concern is where the jukebox is on the Imperial Fleet .. is it in the VIP lounge? /dance
    No, there are jukeboxes in many of the cantinas I went into, you just have to buy the token from the bartender to play a song. Iirc it was 100 or 500 credits per song.

Edit - I just noticed you were asking about the Imperial fleet, I do not know about that cantina, sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

ya pets maybe a mount

Deleted
    they will be selling, most probably, modifiable gear ... same as the CE store will (probably) sell...

are there even non combat pets available ingame?

Quote Originally Posted by Grantji View Post
    they will be selling, most probably, modifiable gear ... same as the CE store will (probably) sell...

are there even non combat pets available ingame?
    Yeah, there was one in my mailbox on the 11/11/11 beta weekend.