Deleted

Jewelcrafting + 4.3 epic gems + Profession Bonus

With 4.3 epic gems, hasn't the profession bonus of JC (that is, 3 x Chimera's Eye) been reduced drastically? Or am I missing something?

10+ Year Old Account
    That is what I thought as well, I thought they were going to up the JC em's worth to be on par with other profession's bonus but doesn't look like they did it in the end.

From what I can tell JC are now behind by 29 primary stats to most proffs.

There are dozens of threads about this on the official forums. Yet no one at Blizzards deems it to be worthy of an answer or even a small statement if we can expect them to fix this issue or if we are to drop JC and go BS. This of course goes against everything they said in the past about making all professions equal. Annoying.

Every crafting profession is supposed to produce the equivalent of about 80 of a primary stat. Up until now, JC was the odd man giving a bonus of 81. With epic gems now being available, it reduces its effectiveness to 51 to a primary stat. Chimera's value is remains unchanged at 67 per gem, so its not enough to offset the values of new epic gems. To fix this they need to increase the value to 77. When they should do it would be the big question. Its not like my rogue or many other people are rolling around in epic gems atm so its just a matter of timing.

Deleted
    They will probably wait 2 or 3 weeks until the epic gems are a little more spread before they raise the chimera gems. If they had upped the gems with the patch release, JC would have been the best profession by far, until the epic gems are widely available.

Problem is epic gems arent as available as they were in Wrath. Theyre more like they were in TBC, so I dont see a problem with it at present.

Give it a month and then it will need to be altered for definite.

like many pointed out, it's because of epic gems being exactly that: Epic, not common.
    If they buffed JC now, it would be the only profession with this change. You can't count BS either until you fill up every socket with epic gems. Until then, BS isn't better either, like many think.

Deleted
    am I the only one who wants Epic meta gems ?

See this thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1033976-So..-jc-sucks-now

I
    n short, until players have got epics gems in every socket, nothing has changed.

The new epic gem system aims to keep blue gems in circulation, so it isn't the same case as Wrath.

My solution would be to add new JC recipies similar to the current Chimera Eye gems, but also requiring a raid drop epic gem, to create a super-epic JC gem. I don't think it is right to give JC's gems better than the new epics without requiring them to also have the raid drop requirement.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    I don't think it is right to give JC's gems better than the new epics without requiring them to also have the raid drop requirement.
    lol, its our profession bonus, why shouldnt we get it wihout doing anything special?
    Every other profession gets to.

Deleted
    This is a little confusing to someone who is thinking of picking up JC

Let me get this clear if you have only JC and no other profession your stats with current gems are ?
    If you are only a BS with current gems your stats are ?
    If you are a JC and have BS as your 2nd profession your stats will be ?

When everyone is able to buy and equip EPIC gems then a JC will be inferior to a BS unless the BS also has JC in which case he wont be bothered ?