Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Drii View Post
    I was an atheist up until a few hours ago.

The level of stupidity in this thread has finally made a believer out of me ...

There is absolutely no f*cking way these genes survived any kind of natural selection.
    There IS a god and he makes idiots to pass the time.

If I read another post by a person equating:

1. Running LFR with 5 mains and 20 alts
    -> Alts passing, mains grabbing all the gear and getting replaced (i.e. a glorified Loot Council)
    Each character participating in this kind of run can loot ONLY ONCE.
    This is time-consuming but is not exploitative and not against the LFR design.

2. Running LFR with 1 Alt and 24 Mains
    -> Mains purposely disconnecting so only Alt is eligible to loot but he passes everything and then distributes loot, rinse and repeat.
    Each of the mains participating in this kind of run can loot MULTIPLE TIMES in same reset, since they use a bug (d/c) to avoid the loot-lock
    This is an exploit, is against the rules and should be punished.

LFR lets you kill a boss multiple times in the same reset, this is by design.
    It does not let you loot a boss multiple times, a bug that you use to achieve that is an exploit.

Reference material:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Q. How will loot be distributed?

A. Automatic rolls and the Need Before Greed loot rules will apply in Raid Finder raids, just as they do in Dungeon Finder instances.
    Also, while Dungeon Finder raids aren’t locked, you are only eligible for loot from a boss once per week.
    This means that if you were present for the defeat of a boss, whether you receive loot or not, then you will automatically pass on loot
    that drops during later attempts on that boss during the same week.
    I swear next post that confuses the two my brain will reset back to amoeba,
    there's obviously no point going any further.

There is no going back my friend. It's all down hill from here..

I think its a bad move from blizzard that nobody gets a ban or suspension. Is even the gear removed from the players? Even though thats not really a punishment.
    When i go into a shop, steal something and get caught, giving it back and go home is not something that would prevent me from trying it again.

Paragon works for blizzard as raid testers they arent gonna get banned so other guilds wont get banned either cause it wouldnt be fair
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

Quote Originally Posted by jarbulldog View Post
    I'm on alterac mountians server and someone talked to landsoul, and their main tank a warrior, can't remember his name but its something like grif or something. Some got a 10 day ban. On the vodka web site they are saying they were not expoliting, lol what a joke. why where they running the LFR 11 times in a row and you can see in the their news all the loot they got
    Exploit was trading loot they just ran 3 mains and 22 alts swapping a new mains in each clear. That isn't an exploit it's clever.

Same. Everyone who did this to get gear is just pathetic and they should have all the gear revoked. (Lol I love seeing that some of them have over 20 kills on the bosses and now all that shit is wasted and gone). The ban, temporary or permanent really gives me a grin because now all those people racing for world first in a computer game to flex their egos will now no longer have that opportunity (or have it come as equal as those who didn't cheat).

---------- Post added 2011-12-04 at 01:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Exploit was trading loot they just ran 3 mains and 22 alts swapping a new mains in each clear. That isn't an exploit it's clever.
    It's an exploit. It's clearly not what LFR was put in the game for. Clever? No. It's exploiting whether you want to defend them (For whatever reason) or not.

---------- Post added 2011-12-04 at 01:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skulli View Post
    I think its a bad move from blizzard that nobody gets a ban or suspension. Is even the gear removed from the players? Even though thats not really a punishment.
    When i go into a shop, steal something and get caught, giving it back and go home is not something that would prevent me from trying it again.
    Blizzard will (at most) give them all a slap on the wrist. If they did anything more they'd be in jeopardy of losing subs. Even if they did take serious action towards all the pathetic exploiters and cheaters that do this crap to get ahead, they will still do it come next raid tier anyway. Remember: WoW is just the biggest ego contest on the planet so if someone isn't getting every edge they can to have the largest ego and get ahead faster than the other guys, what would be the point of playing at all?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mkalafut View Post

It's an exploit. It's clearly not what LFR was put in the game for. Clever? No. It's exploiting whether you want to defend them (For whatever reason) or not.
    No it isnt. They have done the exact same on normals aswel, but probalbly a few less times.
    for example, 5 runs;

5 mains + 20 alts x 5 = lots of geared mains from normals, with all the loot going to 5 people only in the raid. Then run the lfr to fill the gaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Gudder View Post
    Wait top guilds using questionable ethics to get to the top in the world? Surely this has not been a recurring theme alert the presses! Somebody call Clark Kent or Lois Lane I have a story to report, it's going to make me rich!

Clever use of mechanics, nothing to see here move along, program better.

Would love too see you "program better" You have no clue how it works...you sound just like the morons who say "Balance classes"

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    Paragon works for blizzard as raid testers they arent gonna get banned so other guilds wont get banned either cause it wouldnt be fair
    /facepalm Paragon doesn't work for Blizzard. Their whole defense is that if everyone else is juicing they would have to as well. If they worked for Blizzard they would just have to say, "Hey guys! Exploit! Please fix." Seeing as how they have been the best raiding guild for some time now they would get the advantage back on hcDW. And xrayEU, really? What's your idea of an exploit? Anything that is exploitable, but isn't fixed at release is not an exploit? DOES.NOT.COMPUTE.

Quote Originally Posted by methanar View Post
    E-sports
    MLG
    STARCRAFT
    I am pretty sure starcraft is considered a legit profession in korea.
    There's a very noticeable difference other people playing games professionally and the game being developed for professionals.

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    Did I ever mention anything about gear?
    So what... all of sudden noone can do more runs in an instance?
    Its perfect (LFR) to try new strats and diff options for next reset when HCs are avail.

Honestly, I don't see Blizzard doing anything about these self admitted cheaters. So since these guilds are "professional e-sports teams" (their words, not mine, look up MethodWoW on Facebook), I think the appropriate thing to do is to notify the companies that sponsor these guilds that they are sponsoring cheats. Maybe once they lose some sponsorship deals, it'll sink into these people that although Blizzard doesn't mind them being cheats, it does matter to a lot of companies in the real world. Also, getting the word out about these "world's first" using cheats to gain said title might be interesting to people at say, G4 and/or the MMO Report.

I would prefer even to fail with honor than win by cheating.
    Sophocles

All good is hard. All evil is easy. Dying, losing, cheating, and mediocrity is easy. Stay away from easy.
    Scott Alexander

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapti View Post
    So what... all of sudden noone can do more runs in an instance?
    Its perfect (LFR) to try new strats and diff options for next reset when HCs are avail.
    How? LFR is a compelte faceroll with the only boss actually need some form of tactic and co-ordination is the slime boss. Anyone who says LFR is perfect to test strats hasn't used the tool or is absolutley so bad at playing this game and believe it's hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Vixene View Post
    How? LFR is a compelte faceroll with the only boss actually need some form of tactic and co-ordination is the slime boss. Anyone who says LFR is perfect to test strats hasn't used the tool or is absolutley so bad at playing this game and believe it's hard.
    You dont get it, to be expected.
    Some stuff you prepare for a fight on paper, then you can practice it in LFR for no penailties (cuz dmg is minimal etc.). Some stuff is simply nice to test (ideas) on a moving boss and such. But as Ive said, to be expected for you to skip on such thought.
    You got a whole week to polish everything you think off.

What's funny about this thread is that most if not all of you aren't even close to being contenders for World Firsts. All of you complaining about the top guilds "exploiting" a bug in the system shouldn't be concerned with it. Plus you all know that if you were in those guilds, you would have done the same damn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryugon View Post
    What's funny about this thread is that most if not all of you aren't even close to being contenders for World Firsts. All of you complaining about the top guilds "exploiting" a bug in the system shouldn't be concerned with it. Plus you all know that if you were in those guilds, you would have done the same damn thing.
    You're right, I'm not even close to being a contender for World's First as I stopped giving money to Blizzard a while ago. But I am a big believer in if there are rules, then everyone is subject to said rules. According to Blizzard, using an exploit to gain a competitive edge is against the ToS. When the guilds who exploited the game come right out and admit that they exploited, and still get compete for World's First, it's a slap in the face to guilds who didn't exploit. Plus, as soon as a guild accepts a sponsorship deal and becomes a professional team, then yes, I feel the rules should be more strictly applied to them, not less. Same way as teacher, police officers, firefighters, and others who are placed in positions of power/influence are/should be held to a higher standard.

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    Good. It should be a perma ban next time, and hopefully some of them are now on their final warnings. Pathetic.

I swear officer, I only tried the white powder to SEE if it was cocaine. If you only did it for once boss, I'd throw you some respect. Instead I'll keep flinging poo, which is more than you deserve right now.

Get real.
    Good thing nobody is worried about getting respect from you. XD

---------- Post added 2011-12-04 at 03:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    The reason people are out for blood because those folks are the, HAVES.
    The HAVE NOT, tend to not want balance but to stand on the heads of the HAVES, to become HAVES themselves. ( and be just as bad, but when you are the one, who cares then)
    Wise words. Never thought about it that way. But you're right. That's exactly what this is about. The haves vs the have nots. And the have nots HATE the haves. You can see it in any thread that mentions top guilds. Whether it's just about the race, something like this, or someone pulling massive numbers. The haters will always hate. Because they can't stand it.

Why are you 'glad' that they're (supposedly/apparently) getting banned? Sigh, so many people on these forums just love to feed off of the misfortune of others. Even if they shouldn't have been doing it, it kind of sickens me to read some of the reactions to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitryana View Post
    You're right, I'm not even close to being a contender for World's First as I stopped giving money to Blizzard a while ago. But I am a big believer in if there are rules, then everyone is subject to said rules. According to Blizzard, using an exploit to gain a competitive edge is against the ToS. When the guilds who exploited the game come right out and admit that they exploited, and still get compete for World's First, it's a slap in the face to guilds who didn't exploit. Plus, as soon as a guild accepts a sponsorship deal and becomes a professional team, then yes, I feel the rules should be more strictly applied to them, not less. Same way as teacher, police officers, firefighters, and others who are placed in positions of power/influence are/should be held to a higher standard.
    They are not professionals. Professionals would imply that this is how they make their living. And they don't. What do they get? Computer hardware, invites to events, software, etc. What they do not get is a paycheck. Being sponsored doesn't mean they're paying your way. This is a game. These people aren't teachers because we aren't students. These people do not save us from harm. And they definitely don't come to your house if it's on fire. They're a guild in a video game. A good guild, with good players, but players nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomhvk View Post
    There is no way they will risk banning so many top guilds, with new games round the corner and people leaving the game, it would be suicide
    By the reaction of the REAL player base, it'd be suicide for them NOT to do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Donalduckadin View Post
    So, Blizzard was not entirely thorough with their loot system's rules and an intelligent group of people used Blizzard's oversight to do what every other guild was going to do in order compete for world first kills? Apparently people don't realize how competitive the world first race truly is.

You have no idea what happened, it had nothing to do with a loot system, and they weren't being "Intelligent" they were being assholes. Cheating, good for nothing assholes. Vodka however, kudos for having done it the right way with alts, and not abusing a system with an EXPLOIT. /salute
    Bleh

Are they actually banning people now? I herd it was just a Temp ban + lifting gear?
    I will honestly be shocked enough to say, "Wow, thats shocking!" Out loud if Blizzard does throw bans out. A decision that means a loss in Subs?? That's pretty impressive.
    Seeing as how they stopped banning botters, exploiters, trade chat frauders(in all its various forms)