Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

How is LFR so far?

Aside from exploits from top-end guilds, how is the LFR system working for casual players? Are the ques for DPS like the LFG ones? Is it easy enough to do without using vent?

Thanks,

Khroom

Ran it on two characters for giggles. Three-five minute queue on my hunter, wasn't really paying attention. Two wipes the entire instance.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    ANY person I mean really anyone can do LFR and be rewarded assuming someone is not going to pin point your mistakes and have you kicked. There is no use for vent because quite simply
    It's face Roll

So far it's good, lets people see the content and such. At this rate if they expand the system in MoP the regular raids will probably be able to retain a higher level of difficulty which should please the hipster nerd crowd. I suspect it might become harder over the next few weeks though, as the new-shiny effect wears off and fewer of the hardcore raiders are gonna use it.
    This is my signature. You will now remember me.

I've only run it on one character but it went pretty smoothly. No vent, wasn't a guild run, and only wiped a couple of times. Seems like a success so far, but it's not even a week in to the patch so we'll see how it goes.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the quick replies. What instances are they? Is it MC 2.0, or is it release stuff?

I've done 4 full clears, 1 with last 2 and 1 with first 2. It's a face roll. The only boss you really can wipe on is the Ooze boss.

If your 5 healers can keep a 15k hps and your group can kill the ooze, it's a face roll.
    Shaman since Vanilla. All the way !

Quote Originally Posted by Patrickstarr View Post
    Thanks for the quick replies. What instances are they? Is it MC 2.0, or is it release stuff?
    It's only the first half of Dragon Soul at the moment, up to Hagara the Stormbinder. The second half will probably be unlocked within a week or two.

And they said they'll likely expand the system to more raids later on depending on how it works out. They also said they want it to be for current-tier raids, so more people can see the current content.

Ive done it as a tank healer and dps... Tank ques are like 30mins, healer ques 5-10 (not sure I was doing something else) and dps were like 2 mins. the first 4 bosses that are currently avaliable are extremely easy I dont think I had a raid that wiped more than once on any of them, 1 raid even did the 2nd boss with like half the raid dead because a couple healers decieded to go afk during the aoe part when he gets hit by the pingpong.

10+ Year Old Account
    It has been good so far. From my experiences running it three times, if you end up in a bad group people will keep leaving and new people join. Eventually you end up with 25 people able to beat it.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    And I'm still a bit out of it, is it 25 man, 10 man, or do you have the ability to que for a certain one?

EDIT: lol, stupid auto-correct. Que, not sue...
    Last edited by Patrickstarr; 2011-12-03 at 03:45 AM.

And I'm still a bit out of it, is it 25 man, 10 man, or do you have the ability to sue for a certain one?
    It's only 25-man. They stated that it is quicker and easier to put together a 25 man raid group from a random pool of players than it is to do 10 man. Plus, 10 man suffers more from poor raid compilation than 25 man.

Overall, very good choice on there part. I would hate to see it with only 10 people.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    And I'm still a bit out of it, is it 25 man, 10 man, or do you have the ability to sue for a certain one?
    25 man only and DS is the only one atm