Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    70% of taxes coming from 1% of the population doesn't mean they're paying their "fair share" if they control 90% of the wealth.

I always see this argument from people and it seems that one side is always intentionally ignoring the other side's argument. The people wanting the rich to pay their "fair share" want them to pay an amount of taxes relative to the amount of wealth they control. Since we have a progressive tax here, that means the rich should be paying more of the tax money than the amount of wealth they control. For example, say a single guy controlled 50% of the wealth in the country. He would need to pay more than 50% of the total tax money because his tax rate would be higher than the people contributing the rest of the tax money.

Now, as to what % rich people are actually paying and what % they should be paying, I can never find convincing numbers. I've seen tons of different links with different numbers. Personally, I'm inclined to be on the side of the rich not paying enough because of Warren Buffet paying less %-wise in taxes than his secretary.
    Which Warren Buffet engineered that way with his tax attorneys and accountants in order to avoid paying taxes, by taking his income in investments taxed as capital gains rather than as wages. Warren Buffet can say whatever he wants, but watch what he does: pay as few taxes as legally possible.
    You essentially point out that progressive taxation means the rich should pay more, but can you justify that notion? Why should the rich pay a greater percentage of their income in taxes? If we're to be equal of individual value and equal of individual opportunity, how do you justify unequal taxation? Isn't codified confiscatory progressive taxation definitively biased?

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Wait... you are seriously blaming her for wanting a better future for FIFTEEN children she must raise alone?
    No one's forcing her to raise them alone. If she really wants a better future for them then why not just give them away? She's fucking homeless with fifteen children!

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    I wish people would stop multiplying like that...
    Agreed.
    If reproduction was based upon division instead of multiplication, we'd see alot less of it.

someone needs to be held accountable and pay? she doesnt deserve life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aemos View Post
    L2 use condoms i'd say.
    if we tell about condoms in schools... they might start to have sex....

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, in her standards I'm rich as Bill Gates but i don't think i could provide for 15 children either... Condoms are an effective solution!

offtopic: dat abc reporter!

Deleted
    What a poor lady she is. Where did all her 15 kids come from? She should ask the dad(s) for money. I have absolutely no sympathie for people like this woman, that cheat social systems to pay them with money, that could else help people that are in real need. It can happen, that you get a kid without being able to afford it. Even if that happens two times, I still can accept that, but 15? Sorry, such people should be forced to get sterilized after their 3rd kid, to protect society from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Voices View Post
    Why should I have to pay for her children?
    Because you'd want someone to help you if you were in that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Slavemaker View Post
    I'd want someone to kick the shit out of me if I had 15 kids I couldn't pay for, not pat me on the back and say "it's ok your are stupid, here's a check"

thats a situation brought on by herself. And even if you would want someone to help you, forcing them to is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Numeanor View Post
    Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/movie/home-en...with-subtitles
    then come back and post again.
    And no there is not enough drinkable water anymore on planet. Water in our country is already decently polluted and I live in EU and it is advised to buy and drink bottled water.
    About food, maybe there are enough food for everyone but without good water supplies and oil you WON'T have enough food.
    Oil will run out fast or will become so expensive that will raise food cost by 300% so even if there will be enough food you will not be able to afford it. Just watch documentary and come back again... you failed.
    Yes, there is enough water on this planet. You know why you are advised to buy and drink bottled water? Because your water purification system sucks.

Also, linking me to an extremely slanted documentary and saying "I lose" is not an argument. You can go on thinking that we're all going to die of starvation. Oh, by the way, even if it came to mass starvation, we wouldn't all die off. But I guess there will always be people who think the world will end.

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyDave View Post
    Which Warren Buffet engineered that way with his tax attorneys and accountants in order to avoid paying taxes, by taking his income in investments taxed as capital gains rather than as wages. Warren Buffet can say whatever he wants, but watch what he does: pay as few taxes as legally possible.
    That doesn't really help your argument, it actually supports theirs.

You essentially point out that progressive taxation means the rich should pay more, but can you justify that notion? Why should the rich pay a greater percentage of their income in taxes? If we're to be equal of individual value and equal of individual opportunity, how do you justify unequal taxation? Isn't codified confiscatory progressive taxation definitively biased?
    Ah, but that's an entirely different argument altogether. The argument I'm talking about is the complaints that rich people are paying less than they should according to their tax brackets via loopholes and whatnot. What you're talking about is the ethics of whether or not we should have a progressive taxation.

Also, it's easy to think of a progressive tax as biased, and it probably is to some degree, but so is a flat tax. 10% of a poor person's income can make a very huge difference, between them being able to pay their bills and actually have adequate food and shelter. To a rich person, it means not getting a second boat or whatever.

All in all it's a pretty huge grey area. I like to try to argue both sides, helps me understand both points of view.
    Last edited by v2prwsmb45yhuq3wj23vpjk; 2011-12-03 at 09:50 AM.

Children are our future, better pump out another 15 asap...

btw, how much do condoms cost these days?
    I posted in the legendary "I found Yogg-Saron" thread and all I got was this lousy signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Cfyhx View Post
    Children are our future, better pump out another 15 asap...

btw, how much do condoms cost these days?
    About 8 bucks for a 12 pack of basic Trojans. Around 15 if you wanna get the fancy warming kind. >.>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Biohazardx View Post
    About 8 bucks for a 12 pack of basic Trojans. Around 15 if you wanna get the fancy warming kind. >.>
    Durex around here, about the same.

No excuses, irresponsible freeloaders like this should be castrated in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Yes, there is enough water on this planet. You know why you are advised to buy and drink bottled water? Because your water purification system sucks.

Also, linking me to an extremely slanted documentary and saying "I lose" is not an argument. You can go on thinking that we're all going to die of starvation. Oh, by the way, even if it came to mass starvation, we wouldn't all die off. But I guess there will always be people who think the world will end.
    Believe what you want. There is a lot of water but very very small amount of all that water is drinkable. Oil will run out and when this will happen, we won't be able to feed all people. World won't end but only almost all living species will die and planet will become uninhabitable for few thousand years before it will clean itself up.
    It's not our purification system that sucks, because 10 years ago we haven't got any. 2 months ago 4 people died in other part of country because of water they were drinking and now there is military in area cleaning water for people living nearby.

Close you eyes and deny the truth, but when will come to global conflict for resources, believe me your kind of people will be the first to get a bullet...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by palladish View Post
    Another Edit: stop with the fox news crap if you watched the video you would've seen it's got clips of multiple reports
    No. Why would we? Fox "news" has nothing to do with news, it's purely a propaganda station. It's been shown time and again that their reports is biased far beyond that of any other newscaster. So long as they insist on showing a frightingly distorted image of reality, people are going to call them, and anyone who quotes them, on it.

Quote Originally Posted by palladish View Post
    Quick edit for clarity Eg people who are missing the point: I'm not mad at these kids nor do I wish any of them harm "She wants a better future for her kids" no shit she does but she's going about it the wrong way. And who the F_ has 15 kids when they can barely buy themselves clothed.
    So, you don't wish her or her kids any harm, but you rage at your tax money or that of anyone else supporting her or her kids. Content to let them starve in other words? Mhm...right.

I couldn't read past the first page. You guys don't watch the whole video do you?

Deleted
    Urgh - I cannot stand people who seem to think it is the workng tax payers fault that they are in this mess - I'm sorry, but I don't remember impregnating these sorts of people, she should have thought about that before having so many children.

And it doesn't seem to matter what help they get - according to that video she recieved thousands of dollars and a new place to live... AND SHE STILL WANTED MORE.

All it is with these people is sponge sponge sponge, and I for one am growing so tired of it all - "reap what you sow" as the saying goes... Honestly, people who are this ignorant should have compulsary hysterectomies or something - we don't have enough resources to fuel the earth as it is, we don't need people keep populating it and taking what the planet can't afford to give.

sounds just like this woman - and she hacks me off too

/end rant.
    Last edited by mmocf4ececadd2; 2011-12-03 at 10:21 AM.

Deleted
    It's completely her own fault that she is in this situation right now.
    Also, it's quite cheeky to demand others to help her out.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Wait... you are seriously blaming her for wanting a better future for FIFTEEN children she must raise alone?
    Its her own fault if she gives birth to 15 kids and KNOWING she cant handle them financially, and that is just pathetic and stupid. Next