Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I tried the jedi knight and jedi counselor during the last beta weekend. Blew away my expectations! I pulled the stupid move of assuming that they would have similar story lines since they started on the same planet. After seeing the major differences, I'll definitely be spending at least 8 months playing all 8 classes to 50. I just hope my imperial guild doesn't kick me while I enjoy the republic side of things...

I know I'll be rolling Sith Marauder. If leveling experience isn't that bad - Sith Assassin over long time, unless end game PvP will suck, then level it faster and quit the game.

At most that means eight characters to see both Sith and Republic story lines... depends on how unique the class quests feel late in game. I don't see this 8 classes, while there may be subtle differences in on sub spec's quests the bulk of it is most likely based on the original class.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Nope never been an alt whore. Always had two main characters and one or two max level alts. Gives me a lot more time to focus on one toon. Also I find having so many alts limits your money making option somewhat. IDK don't ask me why I think that, I just do. I plain on making a Sith Inquisitor as my first main and a Bounty Hunter as a second with a Sith Juggernaut and Imperial Agent Sniper for alts. That's where I'll stop most likely... maybe make a healer, but I wanna blow shit the fuck up a lot.
    "Knock the world right off it's feet, and straight onto it's head."

http://http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Elargee/simple

I'd probably just max out 1 char the best I can.

Went down the crazy alt road in WoW and it helps you learn a lot, but I don't think I'd do it again.

Going to level everything empire side and trooper republic side only class i plan on making two of is the SW so i can have both ACs, Jugg for PvE, and Maru for PvP

10+ Year Old Account
    as I've said before, I'll be leveling all 8 classes up to 50, to try out all the AC's, and storylines...
    so far I have:
    Male Sith Pureblood Inquisitor: Gorodetski: Tankasin
    Female Ratattaki Juggernaut: Delphine: Vengeance
    Male Chiss Sniper: Tialys: Sniper
    Male Cyborg Mercenary: Huntsman (needs a new name): Firebug (you say Pyrotech, I say fuck yourself I'm callin it Firebug )

Female Miraluka Sage: Tripitaka: Seer
    Male Jedi Sentinel: Musashi: Watchman
    Male Human Scoundrel: Reynolds: Scrapper
    Female Cyborg Vanguard: Tavore: Tactics

is it bad that every single one of the names(well not Huntsman) is a reference?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Going to make Sentinel-Combat and that is it, spend my time farming credits and maxing my professions.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to level two of every class, one male and one female. Story options differ pretty radically depending on your gender.
    You will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

I have all classes above lvl 60 so that wont be a problem

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll do it if all the stories are good. And of course if all the classes are fun. Played WoW for years and only maxed one toon for 95% of that time.
    "I'll tell you something, my Tenchi, you know the carnival comes and goes. But if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi."~Ryoko TENCHIxRYOKO FTW!

"The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined. The crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one.

There are only really 4 classes, since each side mirrors the others and have only simply renamed the abilities. However, there are only 8 storylines. Whether you play a sith sorcerer or a sith assassin, you're still going to play the same exact story unless you just decide to go light one time and dark the next or something like that, and even then it only has minor variations.

Saying there are 16 classes is a gross exaggeration. That's what bioware would like you to believe but it's just not the case. There is more diversity in rotations and abilities between different specs of the same class in WOW than there are in entirely different "advanced classes" in SWTOR.

It doesn't have to mean it's a bad thing, because it's easier to balance 4 classes than, say 10, and other than jedi, sith, and bounty hunters what else is there really? It already feels like the imperial agent was just kind of pulled out of the air just to satisfy the need for a counterpart to the republic smuggler. It just gets a little tiresome to hear people say there are 16 classes in the game or that sith warriors aren't identical to jedi guardians except in the names of the abilities.

Saying there are 16 classes in SWTOR is like saying there are 30 classes in WOW. The difference is Blizzard had the sense to let you respec and rechoose whenever you wanted whereas bioware doesnt have that sense... Yet.

As for the original topic, I plan to play sith warrior, inquisitor, bounty hunter, jedi guardian, and jedi consular.

Once I see all their stories, i'll probably try trooper, imperial agent, and smuggler. But if they don't really captivate me in the first 10 levels, I doubt i'll advance them anymore unless I just literally have NOTHING else to do.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

I plan on playing through all the stories. I have no idea if that means doing all AC or all 8 base classes. Either way playing all 8 will be fun. Most likely I will play all 8 and then get all 16 ACs in by playing the opposite mirror.