Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Can anyone in this weekend test confirm...

According to unreliable internet sources, the mod system has taken steps back to a few months ago where there are very few items that can be modded.

Can anyone confirm this? I'm not seeing an uproar on the tester forums. My first beta, I had a very limited mod-slot selection on anything; the last two weeks, it seemed much better.

10+ Year Old Account
    My friend & youtuber Bloodvein confirmed on his FB that he got another invite
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

There was definitely a change made in the modding system (I don't know how much I can say given that I believe we cannot talk about what goes on in the beta forums--swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=699003 [Can't post links ] is the link to the forum post so people with beta forums access can take a look).

I would not worry too much. Bioware seems to like to make radical changes and then gauge player reaction. So far the response is negative, but we will see if the change ships.

Deleted
    it is definately strange that they promised decent item customisation, and now seem to have removed it.

I got pistol with 4 mod slots at lvl 7 in this beta. Seems like I can modify every stat on it and effectively keep it forever. But dunno if the overall amount of moddable gear increased or otherwise.

Deleted
    hmm the weapons I had (lightsabers) had a base weapon damage that couldnt be changed as far as I can see. Im not expert on subject it was just what I noticed.

edit: sorry this was from stress test weekend, not from newest build.
    Last edited by mmoc47607dc526; 2011-12-03 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by harkonen View Post
    hmm the weapons I had (lightsabers) had a base weapon damage that couldnt be changed as far as I can see. Im not expert on subject it was just what I noticed.
    I though that the pistol had replacable barrel that affected base damage, but I can't confirm now.

http://www.swtorface.com/2011/12/upd...d-mods-in.html

The change does not seem to be all that horrible or drastic, yet already there are "OMG THEY KILLED MODS" threads everywhere... probably posted after reading patch notes and having zero firsthand, in-game experience with the change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't speak for all the gear but the drops in black tallon this afternoon where all fully moddable

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviaa View Post
    http://www.swtorface.com/2011/12/upd...d-mods-in.html

The change does not seem to be all that horrible or drastic, yet already there are "OMG THEY KILLED MODS" threads everywhere... probably posted after reading patch notes and having zero firsthand, in-game experience with the change.
    thanks for the link, explained the changes well, I am pretty happy with that.

I was just wondering are mods bound to character when you use them, or can you sell at the auction house when you upgrade?

Deleted
    Just Bioware breaking promises, as expected by now, there will be more to come.

Infracted
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-12-04 at 05:44 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Batistarama View Post
    or not, it seems they have got closer to their promise, rather than further away.

Deleted
    what promises?

Deleted
    that you can mod armour so that you can look how you want, while still having same stats.

I was in the beta weekend about 95% of items i got from quests or drops were moddable, could switch out the mods they had for better ones at will....

Wow I really like how you can change your gear/mod

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Batistarama View Post
    Know what you're talking about before spreading filth.

Everything is subject to change.
    They didn't remove mods, and you can still customize armor.
    They always take things out, put things in, and change systems with new beta builds. That's not indicative of what will launch, that is testing and getting feedback for multiple reasons. A few builds ago, all WZs were 12 man, mods were almost gone, color matching was gone, this and that as well. That doesn't mean it's a reverted system for launch.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

I'm posting in that thread and it seems people are blinded by rage.

If all they did was add an orange border around gear that's fully modifiable, isn't that a good thing? I mean, didn't they basically just make it so you can know if you can fully mod just at a glance instead of mousing over the item? I'm so confused...

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    I'm posting in that thread and it seems people are blinded by rage.

If all they did was add an orange border around gear that's fully modifiable, isn't that a good thing? I mean, didn't they basically just make it so you can know if you can fully mod just at a glance instead of mousing over the item? I'm so confused...
    As far as I cant tell thats pretty much all that has happened. Gear that can be moded now has a orange boarder, nothing was really removed. The concern seems to come from the interpretation by some folks that this means less gear is now modifiable if i anything it seems to be a stealth buff to crafting and raid gear and put less emphasis on token (purple gear) as a lot of it is not modable.

I have been playing a bit with it today, and I actually like what they have done.

You can still craft and loot gear with fixed stats if that's what you want.

Or you can find mod-able items that look good to you, and upgrade the mods instead.
    My smuggler got a nice chest piece today that really fits the role (white shirt under a dark vest, typical Han-Solo), and after I modded it it was just as good as a same level fixed stats chest piece.

It's just a bit buggy right now, at least for me. It doesn't update the base stats when I change mods, but once I equip it the real stats are shown.
    Last edited by Idoru; 2011-12-03 at 06:59 PM.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche