Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I understand the difference between the ACs, I leveled a Merc to 30 and a PT to 50. But you didn't say the Merc would out dps the PT, you said the PT was not viable.

PTs have a good output if spec'd and modded well. Also a Merc has the potential to be lower on movement fights due to high damage attacks needing a cast time. The PTs only one is flame thrower. I admit I've done no number crunching as of yet, but to say the PT is not viable is silly imo. It may not reach the potential of a Merc, but that doesn't mean all that much.
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-12-03 at 04:08 PM.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

I'm so not looking forward to all the nonsense with the majority of the population being concerned with eeking out that extra tiny bit of dps by being this spec instead of that spec. Especially when, for the majority of the playerbase, it doesn't matter lol.

I must say I am a Convert Atm.

Last few years Ive been positive of being a Jedi in SW:TOR. After Beta Weekend, I think i may be a Merc BH instead.

Sooo much fun. In Alderaan Warzone, 4 people capping mid point, did an Explosive Dart -> Death from Above -> FlameThrower -> Vent heat -> Missle Blasts.

And within about 5 Secs nearly wiped out 4 people, and that was only a Lvl 13 merc, so didn't have access to Tracer Missiles etc.

Soo cannot wait for release, to drop some Merc Pwnage.

Chiss Mercenary Bounty Hunter: My new favourite SW:TOR character
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    I must say I am a Convert Atm.

Last few years Ive been positive of being a Jedi in SW:TOR. After Beta Weekend, I think i may be a Merc BH instead.

Sooo much fun. In Alderaan Warzone, 4 people capping mid point, did an Explosive Dart -> Death from Above -> FlameThrower -> Vent heat -> Missle Blasts.

And within about 5 Secs nearly wiped out 4 people, and that was only a Lvl 13 merc, so didn't have access to Tracer Missiles etc.

Soo cannot wait for release, to drop some Merc Pwnage.

Chiss Mercenary Bounty Hunter: My new favourite SW:TOR character
    Haha I was the same way, all about the Inquisitor 'til last weekend. So now my big decision is between BH and Sith Warrior, had such a good time with both. BH is currently winning, though... I mean you can't beat having Steve Blum voice your character, and a bounty hunter, no less.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaowdruid View Post
    Haha I was the same way, all about the Inquisitor 'til last weekend. So now my big decision is between BH and Sith Warrior, had such a good time with both. BH is currently winning, though... I mean you can't beat having Steve Blum voice your character, and a bounty hunter, no less.
    OH hell yes, it was amazing. I am basically playing my BH like Spike Speigel (Cowboy Bebop Main Character, Also Voiced by Steve Blum) atm, which means I am a light-side-ish good-hearted guy, but also will go for Mass Credit option if no-one will get hurt, also having a young Tech savvy Girl just reminds me of Ed

10+ Year Old Account
    I still plan to main a Sith Warrior Immortal, but I must say I was extremely impressed with non-force classes.

Was skeptical and afraid force users would dominate everything bot in terms of fun and viability, happy to say neither is the case.

Since I plan to level all classes at some point, my char order will prolly be SW>IA (Jo Wyatt!)>BH>rest.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

steve blum isnt the voice actor for bh, hes a vo for a sith inquisitor companion

OH hell yes, it was amazing. I am basically playing my BH like Spike Speigel (Cowboy Bebop Main Character, Also Voiced by Steve Blum) atm, which means I am a light-side-ish good-hearted guy, but also will go for Mass Credit option if no-one will get hurt, also having a young Tech savvy Girl just reminds me of Ed
    Haha, yeah, I love Mako. It's great how you get affection points with her any time you're a smartass to Sith or Imperials. It was actually a few days before the whole connection with Spike actually hit me, I always forget that was him, I usually watched with the Japanese audio, though that one does have really good dubs.

Quote Originally Posted by scoutlab1991 View Post
    steve blum isnt the voice actor for bh, hes a vo for a sith inquisitor companion
    oh.. It is true, Tom Spackman is the Voice of the Bounty Hunter.

Lame... Back to Jedi now, just lost the will to play my BH. David Hayter it is now all I need is for my JK to yell "METAL GEAR!!!!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scoutlab1991 View Post
    Imdb lists Steve as BH VA.

All it took me was typing "imdb swtor" into google and I got this:

Steve Blum - Bounty Hunter / King Bouris Ulgo (voice).

EDIT:

Hm... conflicting info. There seems to be another list supposedly from the game's credits

http://i.imgur.com/HpHUo.gif.

This needs some clarification.
    Last edited by zealous; 2011-12-03 at 04:45 PM.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

Quote Originally Posted by zealous View Post

theres a "newer" list hiding around here in mmo-c that states that Steve Blum isnot the voice and Bounty Hunter

EDIT:

Hm... conflicting info. There seems to be another list supposedly from the game's credits.

This needs some clarification.

http://i.imgur.com/HpHUo.gif
    Yeah the in-game credits and Tom Spackmans imdb say it is him.

What the fuck is going on D:, Either way the BH sounds remarkably like Steve Blum, so maybe Tom is a really good mimic.

either way if its not Steve, I'm going to be a sad panda

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the in-game credits and Tom Spackmans imdb say it is him.

What the fuck is going on D:, Either way the BH sounds remarkably like Steve Blum, so maybe Tom is a really good mimic.

either way if its not Steve, I'm going to be a sad panda
    Damn this is waaay off topic but I just find this so much fun.

This is apparently the VA for Jaesa Willsaam (SW mid-game companion).

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000337/

I remember her from all those goofy comedies in the 90s. Pretty =)

P.S. I'll stop with the OT now.

Damn this is waaay off topic but I just find this so much fun.

This is apparently the VA for Jaesa Willsaam (SW mid-game companion).

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000337/

I remember her from all those goofy comedies in the 90s. Pretty =)

P.S. I'll stop with the OT now.
    Haha Laney from "shes all that" is going to be bossed around by a SW.

Just saw Nolan North is doing Jedi Consular. has peaked my Interest.

OT: Is Powertech Tanking much like say a warrior/paladin, or more a Dk/Druid feeling

I can't find anything with Spackman, but come on... There's NO way that's not him.

---------- Post added 2011-12-03 at 05:09 PM ----------

Whoops, this whole thing was a bit of a de-rail, sorry >.>

Powertech is mostly up-close combat, sorta melee. Flame-thrower, hidden blade, rocket punch, etc. Merc gets dual pistols, lots of missles, rockets, etc.

---------- Post added 2011-12-03 at 03:35 PM ----------

Merc gets one of the coolest (looking) abilities ever: Death From Above. It's basically a Raid of Fire/Blizzard style AoE, but you fly up in the air and fire a bunch of rockets into the target area. I could take four mobs, fire an explosive missile on the middle mob, which blows up hitting him and all the others and knocking them down, then DFA all of them, they'd be dead LONG before they got to me.

Death from Above is actually for all BH. It's Blaster Sweep that Merc's get which replaces DFA (same damage, no cooldown, but not as good of an animation).It is a great move to pull with as a Powertech, though.
    Looking for a great guild on Tichondrius?

I can't find anything with Spackman, but come on... There's NO way that's not him.
    http://www.flatironsny.com/Tom_Spackman.html.
    Yub Yub