Deleted

Yor'sahj the Unsleeping

Hello guys! so here's the deal.. my raid group will start with DS tomorrow, we all have been doing LFR just to try it out, and i have been watching movies from the ptr just to see whats different from LFR. the only question i have is this: how do we decide what slime to kill? i have tried looking in my journal but i can't look at Yor'sahj the Unsleeping, he's the only boss i can't click in to :S

so if anyone can tell me how to decide what slime to kill it would be awesome, and also, what difference is there when we kill different slimes? from what i have seen, adds come no matter what slime u kill, i have only noticed that mana void or something spawns when the purple slime dies. dunno if thats the case or it was just coincidence.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I'm not mistaken, having a Mana Void spawning is the result of not killing a cobalt (blue) ooze. However, you should be prioritising killing the Purple first, then the Green.

You need physical dps to kill off the mana void.. so if you only have 1 physical dps (or 0) you should perhaps prio the blue.. else Purple, Green, Yellow is the normal I think..
    Remember to spread if green is not killed, and stack up if red is not killed.

Deleted
    These are PTR strategies but I think they are unchanged:

blue, purple, yellow - kill purple, kill mana vortex, massive healing
    purple, green, yellow - kill purple, kill mana vortex, raid should spread out
    purple, red, black - kill purple, raid should clump at boss, aoe adds
    green, red, black - kill green, raid should clump at boss, aoe adds
    green, yellow, red - kill green, raid should clump at boss, massive healing
    blue, black, yellow - kill yellow, kill mana vortex, aoe adds

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    For the mana void, fire mages can scorch spam it when scorch is talented to have 100% reduced mana cost.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    We did Purple, Green, Yellow and ignored the other two and we cleanly one-shot the boss without any complications.

When Cobalt hit I took out the Mana Void add as hunter while the casters who lost mana clumped around it once it was about to go down.
    Lurk n' jerk. Well, not so much the jerk part.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormreage View Post
    These are PTR strategies but I think they are unchanged:

blue, purple, yellow - kill purple, kill mana vortex, massive healing
    purple, green, yellow - kill purple, kill mana vortex, raid should spread out
    purple, red, black - kill purple, raid should clump at boss, aoe adds
    green, red, black - kill green, raid should clump at boss, aoe adds
    green, yellow, red - kill green, raid should clump at boss, massive healing
    blue, black, yellow - kill yellow, kill mana vortex, aoe adds
    This sounds horribly complex, what is needed for a kill is just the prio:

Green (if green + red) > Purple > Green > Whatever you like.

Deleted
    You don´t need meeles to kill the mana void every caster dd has a way to regain some mana (mana gem , shadowfiend usw ... ) just wait until the void hast drained your mana then pop a mana cd and kill the void

10+ Year Old Account
    Really simple to choose... Firstly you cannot have GREEN and RED together, so get rid of either one you choose. Also its best to get rid of PURPLE if you don't have the double(red+green), otherwise everything is simple.

the prio for killing slimes is purple>green>yellow. learn what they all do and adapt that's the fight, gl

What do you do when theres aoe and purple? You cant heal when purple is up.. correct?

Deleted
    OP shows quite a bit of cluelessness.

Feeling helpful, I'd suggest him to read http://www.icy-veins.com/yor-sahj-th...ailed-strategy and http://www.learntoraid.com/2011/11/1...ide-25-normal/