Alone in the dark ach and Mimirons head...

Just wanted to know if a couple of 85s could do this to farm the head. I just started playing in Cata so Im not up on the older fights.

Deleted
    Short answer: Yes.

Longer answer: Of course, if you know the fights and how to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, doesn't seem to bad for some 85s
    Also i believe your signature is almost triple the allowed size

Thanks twilight didnt know there was a sig size limit

10+ Year Old Account
    I run uld 25 every week for yogg-0 and mims head (already have it personally but uld is an amazing raid and also farming valnyar), but I can guarentee the OP is wanting to 2man or 3 man ("Couple 85's" as per his wording). I would have to say absolutely not. Due to the mechanics of yogg-0 and the healing the adds will eventually provide to yogg during phase 2 since they cannot be killed, the dps requirements are still quite high. Now factor in the fact you need to worry about insanity and pug dps.

Me and few others are now on week 15 of yogg-0 25man runs and we still need a full 25man raid or close to (factoring in the above) to kill him. With a full guild group or something you may be able to reduce that to 10 or so, but I highly doubt you could do it with less still.
    I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones. ~Albert Einstein

10+ Year Old Account
    If you get the mechanics down sure

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Divr View Post
    I run uld 25 every week for yogg-0 and mims head (already have it personally but uld is an amazing raid and also farming valnyar), but I can guarentee the OP is wanting to 2man or 3 man ("Couple 85's" as per his wording). I would have to say absolutely not. Due to the mechanics of yogg-0 and the healing the adds will eventually provide to yogg during phase 2 since they cannot be killed, the dps requirements are still quite high. Now factor in the fact you need to worry about insanity and pug dps.

Me and few others are now on week 15 of yogg-0 25man runs and we still need a full 25man raid or close to (factoring in the above) to kill him. With a full guild group or something you may be able to reduce that to 10 or so, but I highly doubt you could do it with less still.
    Agreed. It is still a very intense fight and would still need a decent group of 85s in order to do it.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

asdasdasd

I hope you are kidding, the fight is a walk in the park. We pugged it and zerged it down already in wot lk.

Pure, Alliance Turalyon EU 8/8 25 HC

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakebonzai! View Post
    I hope you are kidding, the fight is a walk in the park. We pugged it and zerged it down already in wot lk.
    "Pugging and Zerging it down" implies you were near a full raid group, not just using "A couple" players. Please read the whole op before posting a reply. It may be a walk in the park in terms of mechanics, especially now with the health pools we now have at 85, however the mechanics themselves still make it NEAR impossible to do it with "a couple 85's".
    I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones. ~Albert Einstein

Nope, we do it with max 10 people

Pure, Alliance Turalyon EU 8/8 25 HC

Deleted
    Managed to do yogg-0 with 8 people, all knew the fight so its definately doable if you got people who know what they are doing in each part of the fight.

No head dropped as of yet, but a mate of mine got it the other week

we did it with 13 last week, it wasn't easy, the immortal guardians were destroying our 391 ilvl geared tank. If you have people who know what they're doing then it's possible i'd say with 6 or 7.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, we do it with max 10 people
    "We pugged it and zerged it down already in wot lk.
    In WOTLK you 10manned it eh? I could see it being 10manned now as I stated earlier in my first post, but again....as OP asked, not with "a COUPLE 85's". You guys really need to learn to read before you post stuff, not just fragments of random posts and then throwing the key parts out.

Like Manarak and Conno have posted, its can be done with 10 or so raiders etc then know exactly what they are doing, or 25 pugs or close to that I posted above, but short of that your not goign to accomplish it due to mechanics in phase 2.

we sometimes do it with 10-12 people, but 15 is really all you need. as long as you have competent healers/dispellers, push him in one brain phase, and lust in p3, you should be fine.

Ok well thank you all for the input. I was talking about 2 or 3 people lol so with the group that does it every week does it always drop when you get the ach or is it low?

Quote Originally Posted by Superpudd View Post
    Ok well thank you all for the input. I was talking about 2 or 3 people lol so with the group that does it every week does it always drop when you get the ach or is it low?
    1% now or some other equally low percent, I'm pretty sure, just like Invincible.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    1% now or some other equally low percent, I'm pretty sure, just like Invincible.
    Yes, it's 1%.

Quote Originally Posted by Divr View Post

We do it every week with 12-15..
    You were good, kid, real good. But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best, see?
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, and no comment from Xe'ra about how the assault on the black temple was being led in part by the naaru. So was hatred corrupting A'dal's mind too, you pretentious windchime?
    - Volpethrope