Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Ray William Johnson

Anyone noticed that RWJ's Youtube account has been banned? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWZY0Fj_s9g

Owned much

10+ Year Old Account
    I never got what made him so popular. Watched a few of his videos, pretty unfunny. If anything, I found him very annoying.

Deleted
    I always laugh more at the videos then him. And sometimes I don't even laugh at them...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep. lotta hubbub, but he was pretty big so within a few weeks he'll be back up >.>

Deleted
    What was the reason behind ban ?

Actually he overdosed on something.

I bet there was tons of people complaining about him using other peoples videos in his own videos....add to the fact he was so popular and well known on youtube I bet there was literally thousands and thousands of complaints of copyright from him. Must've been tons of people chasing him for money that he was making by showing other peoples videos in his own. Makes sense he got banned .

Deleted
    Finally. There is a god.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why but I've always been attracted to him ): ... It's this twisted thing I struggle with. Blegh. First world problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouni View Post
    I bet there was tons of people complaining about him using other peoples videos in his own videos....add to the fact he was so popular and well known on youtube I bet there was literally thousands and thousands of complaints of copyright from him. Must've been tons of people chasing him for money that he was making by showing other peoples videos in his own. Makes sense he got banned .
    you are so wrong.
    do you know how many people wish there videos make it on rwj weekly ups ?
    they get a huge boost of subs and people notice there talent.
    i am not a die hard fan of rwj but truth is he does more good than harm to the owners of those videos.
    Last edited by WarTV; 2011-12-03 at 01:10 PM.

'after repeated warnings'

Well there you go then, when youtube warns you to quit doing stuff, you have to well, quit doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by cexspa View Post
    you are so wrong.
    do you know how many people wish there videos make it on rwj weekly ups ?
    they get a huge boost of subs and people notice there talent.
    i am not a die hard fan of rwj but truth is he does more good than harm to those owners of those videos.
    He was/is making money out of other peoples videos. The original creators of the video want in on the money his making...he refuses...they complain...he gets shutdown...pretty simple and the only logical reason for him being banned.

what happened was all of his videos we're basically his own version of tosh 2.0. Only he didn't carry any rights to show any of the footage he had. about time they shut him up anyway. He was pretty damn annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulwarked View Post
    what happened was all of his videos we're basically his own version of tosh 2.0. Only he didn't carry any rights to show any of the footage he had. about time they shut him up anyway. He was pretty damn annoying.
    lol @ that. Tosh 2.0 is just an =3 ripoff but on tv.

Tosh isn't even funny. I saw it on comedy channel once and I thought "wtf? people actually think this guy is funny?" Yep....guy's awful, not funny, no talent at all gg.

Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post
    lol @ that. Tosh 2.0 is just an =3 ripoff but on tv.
    At least tosh 2.0 pays for the right to show other people's content. I'm by no means a huge fan of the show, the host is kind of a dick. What I mean is RWJ was making money without paying for the rights to any clips. It was merely an example.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilightdawn View Post
    Yep. lotta hubbub, but he was pretty big so within a few weeks he'll be back up >.>
    Pretty big is probably a understatement, he was the most subscribed person on the entirety of youtube.

Deleted
    I approve of this. Carry on.

With copyright infringement coming out of his behind; it was about time.

10+ Year Old Account
    web soup is better than tosh