Deleted

Essence of destruction

So these are the new living embers, and far as I know they dont have a 100% droprate so you might not get that many at all in a full clear.

As I was looking at what the prices could be for these on the auction house I noticed that the same person has listed a total of 40(!) of them allready! How is this even possible? Im not really playing on a hardcore raiding server, so I was wondering if there are some kind of exploit to get these?

Deleted
    If anyone does know of an exploit, please don't post details here, but report it directly to blizzard - I haven't heard anything about a normal mode exploit myself, only LFR, in which I believe these do not drop.

I killed 6 bosses so far this week in normal and we have gained 3 essence (2 from one boss, one from another boss). It seems that they have a chance to drop two per boss but definitely not 100% (not even 50% by my raid but obviously we could have just been unlucky). This is on 10 man. I assume on 25 man, it is higher.

I really have no idea how someone could get 40 in so short a space of time, none have been listed on my servers AH at all yet as no pugs have been run and guilds are keeping them for crafting.

Must be buying them up to control the market

Deleted
    Yeah, I would care less what the details of the exploit (if there is one) would be, if you know that there is one just say "Yes there is" and leave the details to blizzard. Because it just felt odd to me.

Quote Originally Posted by QuizTIC View Post
    Must be buying them up to control the market
    http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/eu/argent-dawn This is my servers progress atm, its fairly weak as you can see and I think all these guilds run 10 mans. The guilds with the best progress is also unlikely to throw their essences up on AH because they would like to craft the items instead. Lunatics convention is my guild, we have not listed any.
    Last edited by mmoc11505fe368; 2011-12-03 at 06:12 PM.

someone may have server transfered and since you arent allowed to bring gold maybe they brought them. more likely tho, they bought out the AH and relisted them.

A few weeks after 4.2 was released, when Living Embers were still rare and expensive, many servers were flooded in a similar fashion with them. That was some bug/exploit, that was shut down quickly.

What you describe looks very similar to that.

There's no exploiting. Eternal Embers/Essences of Destruction are already reasonably cheap at high-population realms with plenty of raiding guilds and high quality pugs. Chinese hackers use them to move gold across realms.

they are a pretty common drop, so far we have seen 7 from 6 boss kills on 25m
    Into MoP beta, working on new gold blog, watch this space!

I used them to move an alt with gold to my mains server, new content items are much easier to move than mechano hogs, or rapidly depreciating alchemy mounts.

i bought 20 of these earlier 2k a pop from a guy with a bunch of lvl 1s claiming he had hundreds

definately something going on, he had 2 lvl 1s on seperate accounts

Quote Originally Posted by Stansfield View Post
    So these are the new living embers, and far as I know they dont have a 100% droprate so you might not get that many at all in a full clear.

As I was looking at what the prices could be for these on the auction house I noticed that the same person has listed a total of 40(!) of them allready! How is this even possible? Im not really playing on a hardcore raiding server, so I was wondering if there are some kind of exploit to get these?
    He could have had alot of gold and had to xfer servers. Essences are expensive and a hot item now. It would be smart to buy them and resell on his new server since gold cap is 50k to xfer.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder about this also ... bought 50 from some dude for half price aka 2k on my server. Few hours later there were another 50 on ah from him ...
    can i get explanation how did he get 100 in 2 weeks ?

after buying 50 he did whisper me if i need more ... so i asked how is he getting them and he said he got many good guilds on that realm ... ye makes sense <.<

I fell victim today of this scam with Queen's Garnet today.

Bought all of a seller's stock (40 x units) for a six figure sum.

4 other players also bought 20 units each.

The seller then appeared 3 hours later offering them in singles at 2.5k each.

It's mathematically improbable for someone to have even transferred multiple chars to 1 realm with 120+ of these gems.

So now our server market is screwed, and I am sat on 100k+ worth of rocks, which everyone under the sun also purchased.

The seller was offering 100 Essence for 200k aswell.

I've a ticket open with a GM. For 36hours.

Don't dabble with any cheap stock until this is fixed, you'll get burned.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiteh View Post
    I fell victim today of this scam with Queen's Garnet today.

Bought all of a seller's stock (40 x units) for a six figure sum.

4 other players also bought 20 units each.

The seller then appeared 3 hours later offering them in singles at 2.5k each.

It's mathematically improbable for someone to have even transferred multiple chars to 1 realm with 120+ of these gems.

So now our server market is screwed, and I am sat on 100k+ worth of rocks, which everyone under the sun also purchased.

The seller was offering 100 Essence for 200k aswell.

I've a ticket open with a GM. For 36hours.

Don't dabble with any cheap stock until this is fixed, you'll get burned.
    You fell victim to your own greed. Stop playing innocent, you knew that those cheap gems weren't 100% legit. What you should've done is buying out ALL his stock.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Done that with essences ... today he had another 60 on ah ...

They have dropped in price heavily on my server

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    The answer is simple; item duping is back.

Deleted
    He sure buy em all up and putting em up for a higher price aka the AH game. Making a profit from it by controlling the market as said.