Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    [disc] What trinkets will you choose for 4.3 ?

    Iam disc priest who does tank healing in raids...

    4.3 have given us few new trinkets:

    1) Heart of Unliving - 880 spirit stacking buff one, from DW.
    2) Windward Heart - 458 int and crits have chance to heal nearby ally for 26k
    3) Reflection of the Light, VP trinket, gives 458 spirit and 2.3k sp on use with 1.5min cd.
    4) Bottled Wishes, VP trinket, gives 458 haste and 2.3k sp on use with 1.5min cd.
    5) Seal of the Seven Signs - 458 int and 3.2k haste proc for 20 sec, 2min icd.

    none of those trinkets really great.. as disc i dont crit THAT much.. Windward would much more suit a raid healer, with lots of spells been cast, like resto druid or holy priest. the 880 spirit is also not good, mana isnt the big issue for disc priest. the other two are even worse ...

    so what are trinkets should we pick? i would say jaws of defeat hc is quite good choice and eye of blazing power hc ?



    your thoughts ...
    Last edited by Demonidze; 2011-12-03 at 06:43 PM.
    Proud member of Hearthstone beta club.

  2. #2
    Those with more intelligence. That's why I'm going with Windward Heart and Seal of the Seven Signs.

  3. #3
    so you you will get very high Int output, but the procs are quite weak for disc priest? dont you think?

    the heal nearby member when you CRIT, is probably gonna happen just few times during whole boss fight, if it will at all? unless you go mental and spam PoH.
    the seal of the seven signs is better, but haste isnt that good stat for us, mastery is much more better.
    Proud member of Hearthstone beta club.

  4. #4
    Well, the proc of eye of blazing power is pretty bad too, so I'll be happy to get rid of it. Jaws was nice, but I feel the intel boost will compensate well enough.

  5. #5
    blazing power procs of any heals .. not just crits, which makes it overall more healing. but dunno, maybe you right, int > all + ignore those crappy procs. the hc version of those trinkets give 517 int btw.
    Proud member of Hearthstone beta club.

  6. #6
    Haven't gotten any raid trinks as of yet, but Foul Gift of the Demon Lord makes me cream my pants a bit. It's T's Mirror without the stupidly long iCD

    :edit: oooops didn't realize we were talking Disc. lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorend View Post
    Those with more intelligence. That's why I'm going with Windward Heart and Seal of the Seven Signs.
    ^^ those two by far, spirit trinkets are useless for disc and Heart of Unliving is by far the most useless trinket in game to date the least they could have done is added a little int to it as in terms of regen for disc its worse then DMC:tsunami well imo anyways.

    At the moment I am using eye of blazing power hc and Foul Gift of the Demon Lord ( 5% mastery ) I swapped jaws of defeat ( normal ) out. If I get a choice I would take Windward Heart over the Seven Signs trinket but due to the lack of other viable trinkets I will end up using both of them eventually.

    I'm more of a crit / mastery stacking tank healing disc then haste though with that said I still have just under 20% haste buffed so it's not like I am not stacking it either.

    Quote Originally Posted by kombucha View Post
    Haven't gotten any raid trinks as of yet, but Foul Gift of the Demon Lord makes me cream my pants a bit. It's T's Mirror without the stupidly long iCD

    :edit: oooops didn't realize we were talking Disc. lol.
    Foul Gift of the Demon Lord Procs off of heals and dps so it is a viable healer trinket.
    Last edited by CoolNitro; 2011-12-04 at 12:55 AM.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonidze View Post
    so you you will get very high Int output, but the procs are quite weak for disc priest? dont you think?

    the heal nearby member when you CRIT, is probably gonna happen just few times during whole boss fight, if it will at all?
    This was my first gut reaction, but I think it needs some simulation. A lot of factors come into play. Does it have an ICD? Is it a pure flat chance on all crit direct heals? if it's ICD based, it'll probably proc almost as much as Eye of Blazing Power (on your first crit past 45 sec). For me, Eye predictably procced between 1.0-1.5% of my total healing output, and that's no joke on a trinket.

    As for heart of unliving, 888 spirit vs 433 int and the mana savings on jaws? I won this trinket, at first I thought there was no way it could replace my 378 jaws or my 391 EoBP. I've done some simulating and it seems the value of spirit has gone up pretty significantly again, as spirit's value is tied to int. Basically it looks like for the moment I'll be wearing this over both jaws/eye for any fight longer than 6 minutes, a much different result than I'd expected. IE again, more testing is needed. Spirit gets significantly more valuable on long fights, and there are a couple really long fights this tier.
    Last edited by zakaluka; 2011-12-04 at 01:29 AM.

  9. #9
    i dont understand how spirit can be valuable stat for disc priests, all it gives is mp5? with around 2.8k(3.2k with stacked tsunami) spirit i just dont oom even on long fights. and even if i did go low on mana, i can use shadowfiend more then once in long fights, i have mana hymn, mana potion and raid members who can innervate/mana hymn if needed. so the point is, get as much spirit until you feel comfortable with the regen and then stop, go for other stats.


    right now iam rolling with Jaws hc and DMC:tsunami . but iam planing to change to the int trinkets, once they drop.


    now, about the ICD on those other two trinkets ...

    - Windward Heart have 10% proc chance, and no ICD. buuuuut, and that a very big but, how much do disc priests crit over a fight? not much. for a resto druid for example, that trinket would be THE bis trinket.

    - Eye of Blazing Power, same story, 10% proc chance, no ICD. unlike Windward Heart, this proc from any heal, not just crit ones, however it heals for about 10k less.

    hmm, little correction, might be an ICD, but wowhead for some reason doesnt show it.
    Last edited by Demonidze; 2011-12-04 at 12:08 PM.
    Proud member of Hearthstone beta club.

  10. #10
    Most on proc trinkets have an ICD of at least 45 seconds minimum or at least I have not seen one with less, I went to test out Foul Gift of the Demon Lord today and it also has a 45 second ICD but it procs almost instantly as soon as it's ready and the fact that it lasts 20 seconds means its active every 25 seconds which is pretty decent for a 5 man trinket.

    In regards to spirit when 4.3 dropped my guild went and did the first 4 and mana generally wasn't an issue for me even though I was running with only 943 spirit but since then I reforged back up to 1300 for some wiggle room, Disc needs much less spirit then most people believe they need so the fact that I can run these raids and not go oom tells me clearly that a trinket with just 800 odd spirit on it is 800 too much and a wasted trinket slot.

    As for Disc crit chance over all, my average is around 30% with PoH and 35% to 60% on single target heals so it's enough to get a good proc chance from Windward Heart which is why I really want that trinket.
    Last edited by CoolNitro; 2011-12-04 at 01:38 PM.

  11. #11
    Herald of the Titans Yilar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,891
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonidze View Post
    i dont understand how spirit can be valuable stat for disc priests, all it gives is mp5? with around 2.8k(3.2k with stacked tsunami) spirit i just dont oom even on long fights. and even if i did go low on mana, i can use shadowfiend more then once in long fights, i have mana hymn, mana potion and raid members who can innervate/mana hymn if needed. so the point is, get as much spirit until you feel comfortable with the regen and then stop, go for other stats.


    right now iam rolling with Jaws hc and DMC:tsunami . but iam planing to change to the int trinkets, once they drop.


    now, about the ICD on those other two trinkets ...

    - Windward Heart have 10% proc chance, and no ICD. buuuuut, and that a very big but, how much do disc priests crit over a fight? not much. for a resto druid for example, that trinket would be THE bis trinket.

    - Eye of Blazing Power, same story, 10% proc chance, no ICD. unlike Windward Heart, this proc from any heal, not just crit ones, however it heals for about 10k less.

    hmm, little correction, might be an ICD, but wowhead for some reason doesnt show it.
    It's not so much that spirit is super usefull, it's the fact that you get almost 900 of the trinket, that is A LOT.

    Personally i'm planning on Heart of Unliving and Windward Heart, i'll probably reforge most of the spirit into other stats from other gear. The haste proc trinket seems rather bad with a massive 2min icd tied to it (what's the point of haste if there is no dmg when it procs).

  12. #12
    there is in general high crit chance for disc, the problem is that you dont cast that much compared to other healers, so you keep pw:s on tank, spam him with gheal and then again pw:s once weakened soul gone. with some poh's here and there and pom.. so even if you crit with some of these spells at 30-60% rate, there is still not many spells been cast in general, makes the 10% trigger chance on Windward a bit tricky to get every 45 sec..

    ---------- Post added 2011-12-04 at 02:00 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    It's not so much that spirit is super usefull, it's the fact that you get almost 900 of the trinket, that is A LOT.

    Personally i'm planning on Heart of Unliving and Windward Heart, i'll probably reforge most of the spirit into other stats from other gear. The haste proc trinket seems rather bad with a massive 2min icd tied to it (what's the point of haste if there is no dmg when it procs).
    the problem here is that you give up on 458-517~ int for 880-1k spirit(depends normal or hc version of it) and after that trade off you cant just reforge spirit -> int to compensate, there is no such option. its more effective to get int, and then reforge to spirit from other stats... like haste or crit for example.

    @CoolNitro:
    I like the idea of running on very low spirit, it will for sure improve our performance, but will it be enough mana regen+returns for healing intensive fights that lasts for 6-8 minutes, like Ultraxion for instance?
    Last edited by Demonidze; 2011-12-04 at 02:01 PM.
    Proud member of Hearthstone beta club.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonidze View Post
    I like the idea of running on very low spirit, it will for sure improve our performance, but will it be enough mana regen+returns for healing intensive fights that lasts for 6-8 minutes, like Ultraxion for instance?
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/m...m/healingDone/

    20 wipes maybe not the best example but it's the latest log that I ran with 1300 spirit, the first 10 being 3 healer the last 10 two healer myself and the Druid, no deaths where caused by lack of healing well except for those in the last 20 seconds before the enrage but deaths are part of the encounter what with that insta res mechanic.

    I have been running with around 1k spirit since mid way into normal FL, it started as an experiment based off of the lack of spirit drops in FL and it turned out for me at least that I didn't need to rely on spirit.

    I don't believe a low spirit approach will work for every Disc spec as it does require less casting but I over came that by going high crit on the basis that one crit equals two heals ( actually near enough to 3x heals with DA ). If you ever plan on dropping spirit do it slowly though it takes a while to get used to not having the regen and you have to plan your rapture and cooldowns more wisely.


    Quote Originally Posted by Demonidze View Post
    there is in general high crit chance for disc, the problem is that you dont cast that much compared to other healers, so you keep pw:s on tank, spam him with gheal and then again pw:s once weakened soul gone. with some poh's here and there and pom.. so even if you crit with some of these spells at 30-60% rate, there is still not many spells been cast in general, makes the 10% trigger chance on Windward a bit tricky to get every 45 sec..
    hmm true and as I said above I most likely cast less then the next priest, I guess it's one of those things we will just have to wait and see. With that said though I don't think it bothers me if it doesn't proc often as at least with that trinket I get flat int from it anyways and the proc is just a bonus.
    Last edited by CoolNitro; 2011-12-04 at 03:08 PM.

  14. #14
    Im going for Windward Heart, and Seal of the Seven Signs. I don't care for the proc on either of them, but I'm just not going to give up one of my int trinkets for a spirit one.

    I'm very disappointed that we didn't get a trinket with passive int and a spirit/regen proc this tier.
    Let's turn the Night into Tomorrow

  15. #15
    I like that blizz does these strange things with itemization, forces us to re-evaluate 'what is good'.

    Yes, the int->spirit tradeoff is dicey. I'm not really sure what I'm going to decide in the end. Mind you my MATH suggests the tradeoff is worth it in terms of pure theoretical maximum output. If at the other end of the deal you can't dump all your mana, push off more spirit on other pieces for haste, it's the most direct way to solve that problem. Does that in turn invalidate heart of unliving, negate any gain from putting it on? Maybe. Holy is a different matter all together.

    If people other than myself find it hard to OOM on madness, what am I doing wrong? Overheal is very low and I'm always on fumes by the end of P2/living on manatides.

    There are only 2 fights that I might be disc for, my opinion on this matter isn't going to solidify until I'm doing 6/8 HC.
    Last edited by zakaluka; 2011-12-04 at 06:08 PM.

  16. #16
    Probably Seal + H Jaws/H Necromantic Focus
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

  17. #17
    For the record, windward heart has 20sec icd and 30% proc according to wowhead (these numbers may be off slightly). It can proc off any direct heal, but specifically does NOT proc on indirect healing (renew, sanc, PoM).

    It's ICD based with a high proc rate, so your crit rating affects only how many seconds after ICD it'll do its heal. That is, at low crit rating it'll have a large impact on crit's value as a secondary stat. At high crit rating, the trinket will have less effect on how valuable crit is for you, and turns into just a flat %healing increase.

    On PTR, before it was made direct healing only, people were reporting that this trinket accounted for 5% of their healing in DS. After they changed it to proc only on direct heals, I'll guess it should still manage about 3% or more for most healers.

    Just some early reports and guesswork.

  18. #18
    thats usefull info to take into consideration. tnx.
    Proud member of Hearthstone beta club.

  19. #19
    If it does 3% then it's still a lot better then Eye of blazing power HC since that trinket only does around 1.5% of my healing on average.

  20. #20
    i see most disc healers have heroic eye and foul gift.. tsunami is nice as well but any heroic fl healer trinket will do just fine as well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •