Prot Paladin PVP (Go away trolls ;_;)

If you're going to troll this post, just... do it, and get it over with.

I'm trying to find out if Prot PVP can be fun at all in UNRATED battlegrounds. I'm not looking to be a RBG king, I'm just looking to have a bit of fun. Ret doesn't really interest me too much. I'd rather be a flag guarder/carrier most of the time. And yes, before you say anything, I'm aware protadins are the bottom of the barrel for flag carrying. That's not what I'm asking about, I acknowledge the mobility issues and all that protadins have. I love paladins, I love being a tank, and I want to play around with it and see what I can do in casual PVP.

That being said, can somebody give me gearing suggestions, reforging suggestions, talents/glyphs etc? As far as I can tell, maxing out my resil is key, I've been suggested to reforge Mastery to deal with melee and glyph Divine Protection to handle caster damage spikes... otherwise, I need help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Prot hits harder now with the change to Vengeance. This is true for all 4 tank specs. You already know the weakness of prot; can't do anything while CCed. But if you get focused (as you will as FC) and not CCed (which will happen in pug BGs), you're pretty beastly. The change to Vengeance is great because you get AP much faster (which increases the power of your shield slam and WoG).

Whether or not it's 'fun', is up to you. Talenting is quite similar to a pve spec, you may want to pick up Eternal Glory and HoJ and drop Toughness. Glyphing - get WoG, TV and Truth for Prime, Dazing shield is a must, focused shield if you like dealing with one at a time. You can't silence multiple targets anymore, but it hits quite hard when you're geting intercepted in midfield by a pesky rogue.

I suggest reforging to crit actually. You start out with some mastery (30% base I believe), and you need to reforge alot of mastery to actually deal with melee, and since more than half of pvp budget goes to resilience and only one piece has mastery on it, it's quite wasteful. Crit is primarily for WoGging yourself as FC. The 20s sucks, but it's better than nothing.