Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Dark Intent (4.3)

Using T13H BIS profiles, 50000 iterations, 360-540 fight length, SimulationCraft build 430-6, fully buffed except focus magic

Ranking by RAID DPS GAIN (Caster is Demonology)

Code:
    	Class			RAID DPS GAIN
    1) 	Balance Druid		4013
    2) 	Shadow Priest		3744
    3) 	Subtlety Rogue (FoF)	3528
    4) 	Fire Mage		3423
    5) 	Subtlety Rogue		3405
    6) 	Survival Hunter		3245
    7) 	Elemental Shaman	2840

Ranking by RAID DPS GAIN (Caster is Destruction)

Code:
    	Class			RAID DPS GAIN
    1) 	Balance Druid		4599
    2) 	Shadow Priest		4356
    3) 	Subtlety Rogue (FoF)	4118
    4) 	Fire Mage		4009
    5) 	Subtlety Rogue		3983
    6) 	Survival Hunter		3847
    7) 	Elemental Shaman	3483

Ranking by RAID DPS GAIN (Caster is Affliction)

Code:
    	Class			RAID DPS GAIN
    1) 	Balance Druid		4603
    2) 	Shadow Priest		4371
    3) 	Subtlety Rogue (FoF)	4096
    4) 	Subtlety Rogue		3953
    5) 	Fire Mage		3939
    6) 	Survival Hunter		3875
    7) 	Elemental Shaman	3117
    Last edited by FieryBull; 2012-01-07 at 08:27 PM.

Very interesting !
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I've been giving DI to my moonkins for like 8 months now, I'm just ahead of the curve I guess

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    I've been giving DI to my moonkins for like 8 months now, I'm just ahead of the curve I guess
    And I hate you for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I give D.I. to the best performing caster dps in our raids which happens to be our fire mage we do have an incredible shadow priest but there is a DI for him aswell. None of our boomkins have a legendary so they are SoL.

Made by dubbelbasse

O noes!!!! are boomkins are never gonna shut up now.

that's nice and all, but you didn't explain how you got to those numbers... so I can't base anything on them =/

Quote Originally Posted by Prothera View Post
    that's nice and all, but you didn't explain how you got to those numbers... so I can't base anything on them =/
    You can do it yourself if you want. I'll do it for one class only for demonstration purpose. Start SimulationCraft GUI, set up the settings like I listed them in my post. Tick all buffs except Dark Intent and Focus Magic.

In the simulation box, enter:

Priest_Shadow_T13H.simc
    Warlock_Demonology_T13H.simc
    dark_intent_target=Priest_Shadow_T13H

Simulate, take note of raid dps. Modify the file Warlock_Demonology_T13H.simc to remove the Dark Intent action, restart a simulation with those two lines:

Priest_Shadow_T13H.simc
    Warlock_Demonology_T13H.simc

Take note of the raid dps, substract the two result. Voila. Rinse and repeat for every specs and classes.
    Last edited by FieryBull; 2012-01-07 at 05:39 AM.

Deleted
    you only calculated for spirets/fatkin/fire mage or have you included other classes/speccs aswell?

Originally only intended to do it for shadow priests and fire mages because of a question on the priests forums, but decided to add balance druids. I didn't bother to do the other classes because it takes a long time to do and I know for sure every other classes are under those 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Heatuss View Post
    O noes!!!! are boomkins are never gonna shut up now.
    True story!!!

And yeah i am giving my DI to a Boomkin since the beginning as well
    Borovinkata , TaHrA , Kazzak - EU

I dont think boomkins should celebrate yet.
    I did some testing of people in my guilds. Shadow priest, Boomkin, Fire mage all in 391 gear with legendary with myself as destro and got the following results:

Raid DPS gain:
    Druid: 3555
    Mage: 3859
    Priest: 3743

My question is why do locks keep putting DI on me in random groups when I am a rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Armitagethethird View Post
    My question is why do locks keep putting DI on me in random groups when I am a rogue
    There's either no one else with worthwhile dots, or they're mentally challenged.
    Quote Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
    Obviously Garrosh would win, it's like a gorilla vs a human... do you know how strong a gorilla is? He'll snap your dick off and throw it in the tall grass. Garrosh = dick-snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night with a full tank, I just flip back the curtain and let it flow.

there's a new build out of simcraft (430-2), you might want to redo your calc and see if it changes the list

Quote Originally Posted by Dastey View Post
    I dont think boomkins should celebrate yet.
    I did some testing of people in my guilds.
    Methodology? I'm asking, because if you only ticked and unticked the buff dark intent, it's totally bogus.

---------- Post added 2011-12-04 at 05:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ellsian View Post
    there's a new build out of simcraft (430-2), you might want to redo your calc and see if it changes the list
    I'll wait for them to release it, I'm not compiling.
    Last edited by FieryBull; 2011-12-04 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorend View Post
    Methodology? I'm asking, because if you only ticked and unticked the buff dark intent, it's totally bogus.
    Nah what I did was that I opened myself from armory and deleted the line with dark intent, this nerfed by dps with around 2,1k I believe it was. Then I saved the people I was simming as a profile and then pretty much used the command that u listed. I also tried to do it with the profiles u listed to see if I was doing it correctly and I got the same results as u +/- 20 dps

Quote Originally Posted by Fdfrank View Post
    Any reason in-particular you gave everyone FM?
    I forgot to deactivate the buff the first time, so I redid everything with it off. Figured I would keep the results there, but I'm getting rid of it for the next simcraft build.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastey View Post
    Nah what I did was that I opened myself from armory and deleted the line with dark intent, this nerfed by dps with around 2,1k I believe it was. Then I saved the people I was simming as a profile and then pretty much used the command that u listed. I also tried to do it with the profiles u listed to see if I was doing it correctly and I got the same results as u +/- 20 dps
    Alright, was just making sure. But yeah, the rankings will be different in a couple of weeks. Once your guildies gear themselves.

yeeeee, no. I'll believe it when I see it myself.
    No valid data in OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Crummy View Post
    yeeeee, no. I'll believe it when I see it myself.
    No valid data in OP.
    completely unfounded claim is completely unfounded...nothing to see here folks, move along