Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The Legacy System

ATTENTION: We still don't know all the details of this system, it has been implemented on BETA only a few days ago. There may be more info to come

At first, it will give some unique titles and the ability to use a surname:

Legacy Creation Screen:

You can choose to turn off the legacy titles/surnames if you want:
    Last edited by Sargerus; 2011-11-20 at 09:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's...it?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Revan, you're a sneaky one, piling up all of the screens just waiting for the NDA to drop so you could be the man and post it all.
    #TeamTinkers

I'd personally prefer if surnames were at character creation, would cut down on every decent name off the top of my head being taken, but this is servicable imo.

A lot of people have been looking to have a surname so that is nice. Last I heard it was scrapped so at least it is something a lot of people want. Might expand to more down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    That's...it?
    There is more to it supposedly, but no one has been able to unlock it yet. There are people at 40+ that have done all the quests and the legacy system is still locked.
    Last edited by babalou1; 2011-11-19 at 09:53 AM.

James Ohlen post on the official site:

Hey Everyone,

This build has our first iteration of the Legacy System! At its core the Legacy system is about allowing players to create a family tree of characters. Family is pretty important to the Star Wars universe, with the Skywalker family having one of the most interesting dynamics in movie history. This version is just the foundational components that we will use to build upon in the future. Here are the features of this iteration:

Once your character has completed their Chapter 1 storyline, they will be able to choose a Legacy Last Name. This Legacy Last Name must be unique and is shared across all characters, on all servers - so choose carefully!
    Once you have unlocked your Legacy, any and all characters on that server will now contribute to that player's Legacy Experience Points. Much like normal experience points, when you reach certain Legacy thresholds, you will increase your Legacy Level.

We already have plans for how we will expand the functionality of the Legacy System in one of our major post-ship patches. This will include being able to shape your Legacy's family tree, and give you a reward for all those Legacy Levels.

We look forward to reading your feedback on the Legacy System!

--James

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey Everyone,

This build has our first iteration of the Legacy System! At its core the Legacy system is about allowing players to create a family tree of characters. Family is pretty important to the Star Wars universe, with the Skywalker family having one of the most interesting dynamics in movie history. This version is just the foundational components that we will use to build upon in the future. Here are the features of this iteration:

Once your character has completed their Chapter 1 storyline, they will be able to choose a Legacy Last Name. This Legacy Last Name must be unique and is shared across all characters, on all servers - so choose carefully!
    Once you have unlocked your Legacy, any and all characters on that server will now contribute to that player's Legacy Experience Points. Much like normal experience points, when you reach certain Legacy thresholds, you will increase your Legacy Level.

We already have plans for how we will expand the functionality of the Legacy System in one of our major post-ship patches. This will include being able to shape your Legacy's family tree, and give you a reward for all those Legacy Levels.

We look forward to reading your feedback on the Legacy System!

--James
    http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...5#edit10940945

Wow that sounds awesome. I wonder if I'll be able to invite other players to my legacy like you could invite players to your family in LOTRO

Interesting. Sounds like a game system aimed at Role Players.
    Yub Yub

Sorry, but this is breaking the NDA

It not only copied a post from the beta forum, but you are talking about new features that is still covered by the NDA.

Go read the NDA lift info more carefully. What it is is a lift on ND on anything present in the last stress test basicly. Any new features, curently in test, in beta, info from the beta forum, future update, possible updates, new features, unavailable info from the last beta weekend, debates, change request, etc. are still covered by the NDA.

What we can freely talk about:
    Class, talents, quests, companions, crew skills, vendors, items, mods, AC, flashpoint in the game, Warzones, etc that you experienced yourself by playing the beta, as well as post pictures, videos, in detail info, transcripts, etc.

Players may not talk about nor reprint posts from our testing forums as they are still fully covered by the confidentiality portions of our Game Testing Agreement. And all players who want to participate in the upcoming Beta Test Weekends still have to accept all terms of the Game Testing Agreement. So, other than that, free feel to talk about and share your experiences in Star Wars: The Old Republic.
    CATA BETA CLUB!
    HearthStone BETA CLUB!

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh Jawstrock... This was on the main forum. Through Dev Tracker. The images I am not sure of, but the idea is public.

Quote Originally Posted by Jawstrock View Post
    snip
    read this:
    http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...5#edit10940945

Quote Originally Posted by anewok View Post
    Interesting. Sounds like a game system aimed at Role Players.
    umm yes like very. It does seem interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't even realised its there. Although only played the new build this morning for like 30mins.

Hoping that the servers come online ASAP... i need to ding, like 1 bar tgo.
    -K

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds pretty kool. But I hope you have a option to not join a character to the Legacy.

As of now, the non disclosure portion of our Game Testing Agreement is officially lifted.
    That means you can talk about whatever you want to talk about. There is no restriction on anything, because the entire non disclosure portion has been lifted. He didn't say only a portion was lifted, the whole non disclosure portion was lifted.[COLOR="red"]

Edit: "Players may not talk about nor reprint posts from our testing forums." That's fine... so just don't talk about what was in the forums. Someone can still talk about their experiences in any beta stage, they just can't reference or copy/paste anything from the testing forums. What the OP posted is still perfectly fine.
    Last edited by Bodhidharma; 2011-11-18 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalagrath View Post
    Uh Jawstrock... This was on the main forum. Through Dev Tracker. The images I am not sure of, but the idea is public.
    Totally my bad ^^

I will now refrain from doing any commenting
    CATA BETA CLUB!
    HearthStone BETA CLUB!

Does this allow diffferent races to be playable? I don't quite understand what this adds other then a last name...
    Biowares Go-to Plan:
    - Offer something for free
    - Change mind and charge for it
    - ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOUR WORK HAS BUGS
    - Never fix bugs and give crappy CS.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think my biggest complaint is that the name is slapped onto all of your characters after you make it. (The Surname, that is.) While I'm extremely glad they have Surnames, like Guild Wars, some of my characters just won't really fit with that name. Some of the names will clash, etc. Minor issue, I guess. Still, really nice to see they are giving us surnames!