Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Droid class would be new and interesting. Think "Qymaen jai Sheelal" for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by shaithis View Post
    Droid class would be new and interesting. Think "Qymaen jai Sheelal" for instance.
    Though Greivous was Still a Sentient being, that just got so badly damage from a bomb, they forged him into a Cyborg (still had his biological face/head/heart/lungs etc..)

and as Greivous always says, "I AM NOT A DROID!!"

well lets go over the differnent roles

force melee dps. check
    force ranged dps. check
    force tank. check
    force heal. check
    non force melee. check
    non force ranged dps. check
    non force tank. check
    non force heal. check

i guess they could add more classes, but they would feel a litte uneccesary imo.

the only niche that isnt really filled is a close combat healer. but trooper and BH kinda fill that anyways.

maybe if there was some sort of class that used technology and the force, that would be cool. but idk if star wars lore would allow it

Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    I feel like they should add more races before classes, I really want to play a jedi Wookie or Jawa...

Wookies can be jedi btw, there is a character named Lowbacca, a jedi wookie.
    Wrong.

George Lucas has expressly forbidden anyone from adding more Wookie Jedi/Sith to the extended universe. Only three Force-Sensitive Wookies exist: Kirlocca, Lowbacca, and Tyvokka.

If Bioware attempts go against this, LucasArts will shut the game down. They nearly did it to Obsidian Entertainment when they attempted to make Hanharr a Dark Jedi in KotOR 2, but the developer backed down before it came to that.

a think a rogue type class could possibly work

Quote Originally Posted by Fest View Post
    If done right, support classes are AMAZING. Bard in FFXI when I played was the most vital part to every leveling group.
    FFXI had the most boring fucking rendition of Bard I've ever seen. Your entire career is spent handing out overpowered buffs, pulling mobs, or healing (depending on subjob). 99% of the time is spent:

DAH DE DEE DAHHHHH DAH DE DAH DAH DAAAAAAAAAAAAA every 15 seconds. It's entirely boring and if anyone enjoys it they need a lobotomy. I figure if you cut out part of the brain your life will still be more interesting than playing FFXI's Bard.

Quote Originally Posted by vazar_da_priest View Post
    a think a rogue type class could possibly work
    I think the only two lore working classes posted thus far are the imperial soilder and the spy. I'm pretty sure they didnt include the imperial soilder at launch because that would have tilted the current 60% imp-40% rep. ratio to something more along the lines of 75-25. If there was an imp soilder there would be very little motive to play a rep. soilder. A spy would be cool but for instance the bothian spy in battlefront is 4000 years later so i dont know how the lore works there if there were spys 4000 years before

they could have some kind of commander class like grievous or something

idk that would be pretty lame

---------- Post added 2011-12-04 at 11:54 PM ----------

maybe they could incorporate starkillers fighting style from force unleashed.

but he just seems like a jedi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Who the hell would play a buff only class. You'd have to have some serious mental Illness to enjoy that.
    The original shaman model was good though. People complaining about them not competing on the same lvl back in the days didn't fully understand their role.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have noticed a distinct and disturbing lack of gnome warlocks in STWOR.

I'm willing to concede I'd be ok with that if I could make a Jawa Sith Inquisitor though...
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Some kind of non force user melee class.
    Technically IA Operative is.

Quote Originally Posted by Khathrok View Post
    Though Greivous was Still a Sentient being, that just got so badly damage from a bomb, they forged him into a Cyborg (still had his biological face/head/heart/lungs etc..)

and as Greivous always says, "I AM NOT A DROID!!"
    Of course. He's still 95% metal, though. My point being that a sentient mechanical being is an excellent idea for an expansion class. Matter of fact, I'll just call it right now; it's going to happen. Technically, such a being would be capable of melee, ranged, tanking and healing roles depending on modifications, so they would probably have 3 sub-classes (dps/heals, dps/tank, dps/dps).

Speaking of sub-classes; it makes more sense that they would add another subclass tier available at level 50 to each existing AC, and allow people to make their playstyle even more focused (midrange or longrange sorc, rogue-type assassin or enhshaman-type assassin, etc).
    Last edited by shaithis; 2011-12-05 at 12:25 AM.

The Leia/Amidala archetype is the only one that isn't represented, come to think of it.

Empire certainly does need stormtroopers though... Republic will get wookees eventually, mark my words...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaithis View Post
    Of course. He's still 95% metal, though. My point being that a sentient mechanical being is an excellent idea for an expansion class. Matter of fact, I'll just call it right now; it's going to happen. Technically, such a being would be capable of melee, ranged, tanking and healing roles depending on modifications, so they would probably have 3 sub-classes (dps/heals, dps/tank, dps/dps).

Speaking of sub-classes; it makes more sense that they would add another subclass tier available at level 50 to each existing AC, and allow people to make their playstyle even more focused (midrange or longrange sorc, rogue-type assassin or enhshaman-type assassin, etc).
    This isn't Rift. It makes absolutely no sense to add another subclass to ACs. That would mean more work in balancing everything and more work for players to try to understand. You can't even change ACs once you have selected one, so if you wanted to go to a subclass in one AC, you'd be forced to play something you didn't want until you could get to 50- then respec just to use it. Most players would try going to it because its 'new' to them and end up sucking, turning the skillbase into that of WoW.

No thanks, I pass. Sorry but I hate pointing out dumb ideas but I have to for this one.

And no, it will not happen. You want a mechanical being? Roll a Cyborg.
    Last edited by Forsedar; 2011-12-05 at 01:39 AM.

Deleted
    It is worth remembering how the classes have tons of instanced areas for their class only storylines. It would really throw a spanner in the works creating more classes, even if you ignore the logistical knightmares of the actual storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I agree with that last part, but a playable droid would look... odd. Most of the armor types are made to fit on organic bodies- and a droid wearing armor? I mean, it feels like not much would change, and even if you could put on the armor, you'd still end up looking like a humanoid except for the exoskeleton under all of that armor.

Its great to be thinking of ideas, but I wanted this to stop after seeing 'monk class'. Please. Don't. Ruin. My. SWTOR. I've waited years for this, and its not even out of beta yet... lets enjoy what they have to offer before offering up new class ideas. I honestly think things are fine the way they are.
    I think people are clinging to the idea of a Monk in the wrong ways. Both good and bad.

In my case, when suggesting a Republic mirror class for my suggestion I said a Monk-type class. Not necessarily a "Jedi Monk". But the fact is, Monks are known for fist fighting and serving a righteous cause, which kind of perfectly fits. Just because a game or two ruined your perception of a Monk doesn't mean that your perception isn't the only one.

I'm not even a fan of Monk type classes, but the class idea I had, and posted sounded good to me, and not anything monk-like when I was thinking about, albeit I was only thinking about it from an Imperial PoV and at the last second realized there would need to be some kind of mirror class on the Republic side.

To everyone saying "just play with what you have", no where in MY post did I say I would "love to have this class". I'm perfectly happy with what the game has as it is, but the thread asked for an opinion, and I gave one.

Sorry to say but lorewise that make no-sense and no need to create a new backstory when Masters of Tërä Kasi (Created prior to 3,678 BBY) and Echani Battlemasters (in both Kotor games) are already in the universe.
    Theoretically it could make as much sense as it needs to. It doesn't require anything special to be that class, since you don't need to be a top notch force wielder. Tera Kasi and Echani are not at all like the idea that I proposed considering both types don't even use the force at all. If you have an idea for a class along the lines of those, then you should post it, not try to detract from my post. I simply responded to the OP, you on the other hand, responded to me with useless information that did nothing but make me scratch my head until I felt I had to reply to you.