Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Check your CE Pre-Orders Guys- Mas Cancelations Occuring.

So apparently many retailers are canceling the orders put in with them as far back as august or later. I put an order in with Wal-mart and am in the process of checking to see if it is still available myself. Apparently though many people from different retailers are getting their pre-order canceled. Just figured the community needed a heads up here.

EDIT UPDATE:
    Apparently Wal-mart had a computer glitch issue and will be shipping as planned on all pre-orders. It also seems they are mostly planned to ship here this week from most of the chats many people had with the game. Other people did post in the huge thread about problems with other retailers, so never a bad idea to check on your pre-orders!

(mega thread on the SW forums)
    http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=707413
    Last edited by Thornstar; 2011-12-06 at 08:29 PM. Reason: updates

Can't say I'm too surprised about this. With all the duplicate keys places like Best Buy and Gamestop were giving out, figured they had to be overselling.
    Yub Yub

Not surprised, going to be a popular game at launch and a story like this will just have mindless idiots line up to buy it because it is popular (Not saying people that like TOR are mindless idiots; lots of game companies pull stunts like this to make people think the game is much more popular then it is)

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The sad part is people from wal-mart got a physical flyer with the CE pre-order codes on them and still got canceled. So something is going on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Thornstar View Post
    The sad part is people from wal-mart got a physical flyer with the CE pre-order codes on them and still got canceled. So something is going on here.
    Hmm, that does sound pretty bogus. Would be nice to find out what the deal is.
    Yub Yub

well I preordered from swtor.com about an hour after you could so I doubt I'll have any problems.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anewok View Post
    Hmm, that does sound pretty bogus. Would be nice to find out what the deal is.
    Yeah I have the pre-launch code as well for the CE. I even paid for super express 20 dollar shipping too.

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    Not surprised, going to be a popular game at launch and a story like this will just have mindless idiots line up to buy it because it is popular (Not saying people that like TOR are mindless idiots; lots of game companies pull stunts like this to make people think the game is much more popular then it is)
    Seems like this was wal-mart not bioware. Like wal-mart figured no matter how many we take orders for we will get. Like they are special and important.

So apparently many retailers
    Walmart =/= "many retailers", stop trying to freak people out.

10+ Year Old Account
    UGH it happened to me! I had pre-ordered the CE, now it's cancelled, and now I don't even know if I'll be able to find another place to buy it this late. Goddamn you, Walmart. I had my choice of online retailers and I picked WRONG.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melanieshaman View Post
    Seems like this was wal-mart not bioware. Like wal-mart figured no matter how many we take orders for we will get. Like they are special and important.
    I do not know who is to blame at the moment but having a physical piece of paper with my CE launch code, if they tell me my game was canceled due to lack of games it makes me wonder how they got enough valid CE codes for the game itself without getting enough boxes.

---------- Post added 2011-12-03 at 11:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    Walmart =/= "many retailers", stop trying to freak people out.
    except Bestbuy is also in the boat as well as some I have not heard of. There are people reporting that they are being canceled. Apparently on the 6th they will know for sure on game numbers recieved (posted do not know for sure if true) so not trying to freak people out. Trying to tell people to watch it and be ready. Also amazon has put many of theirs on backorder as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    I pre-ordered mine through Amazon; gonna check and see if my pre-order is still good.

PS - Your avatar is awesome, Thornstar.

Thankfully, my pre-order from Amazon seems to be intact.

• Not doing digital downloads

When they even said that you only purchase the game through origin and you launch and update it outside of it, I don't really see the issue here unless you're after the big fancy CE. If not, then what are you wasting your time on having a hard copy of a game for?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xxf2dxx View Post
    • Not doing digital downloads

When they even said that you only purchase the game through origin and you launch and update it outside of it, I don't really see the issue here unless you're after the big fancy CE. If not, then what are you wasting your time on having a hard copy of a game for?
    Please note that the threat title clearly states CE as in Collectors Edition. ^_^;;;

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do not know who is to blame at the moment but having a physical piece of paper with my CE launch code, if they tell me my game was canceled due to lack of games it makes me wonder how they got enough valid CE codes for the game itself without getting enough boxes.

---------- Post added 2011-12-03 at 11:25 PM ----------

except Bestbuy is also in the boat as well as some I have not heard of. There are people reporting that they are being canceled. Apparently on the 6th they will know for sure on game numbers recieved (posted do not know for sure if true) so not trying to freak people out. Trying to tell people to watch it and be ready. Also amazon has put many of theirs on backorder as well.
    Are we sure the CE codes weren't wal-mart's doing? i heard some other places were duplicating their codes... not deflecting the blame, just curious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finangus View Post
    I pre-ordered mine through Amazon; gonna check and see if my pre-order is still good.

PS - Your avatar is awesome, Thornstar.
    Funny, when I used that avatar years ago, I got banned. lol.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melanieshaman View Post
    Are we sure the CE codes weren't wal-mart's doing? i heard some other places were duplicating their codes... not deflecting the blame, just curious.
    They could have but my code worked and I ordered my CE in Oct. Most people got their CE codes very fast and have seen little to no problems with them from Walmart atleast. I just hope this is some giant scare.

I think they underestimated the demand for the CE... Hopefully they make more.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekita View Post
    Funny, when I used that avatar years ago, I got banned. lol.
    I don't see how 0o;; Was it on MMO?