Thread: My new rebuild

My new rebuild

Finally got around to replacing most internals. AMD AthlonX2 6400+, Asus M2N-E, XFX HD5750, 6g of mix brand ram and a BFG 650w psu. Some of this was 5 year sold and starting to have issues. So broke down and built something that is able to run BF3/Skyrim in ultra detail at 1920x1080. Never had much trouble running WoW.

Stayed with AMD for the build. Reused my Antec 900 case, Zalman CNPS9700 cooler and hard drives(Win7 64/sp1). Spent way too much time cleaning every bit of dust out of case, fans and the kitchen sink. Well it felt like it anyways.

New parts are,
    AMD FX-4100 cpu(tried it since it was cheap and if it sucked no big loss), Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 mb, G.Skill Sniper DDR3-14900 8g ram, Thermaltake 850w TR2 GX psu, (2) XFX HD6770. Only little hiccups in the build was neither Gigabyte or XFX supply crossfire bridges. Gigabyte does supply a SLI bridge. Had to do some digging around to find a crossfire bridge. Board didn't see the memory correctly which is known but is simple enough to correct in Bios. Worst thing was the supplied audio drivers don't work so well with the board and have to be updated. Otherwise I found out in BF3 was the game play was choppy and nearly unplayable. In Wow it didn't have those issues. Found most recent audio and Lan drivers. Which fixed those issues.

Runs cool, idles at 11-12*c and doesn't get over 40*c after 3 hours in BF3. Super smooth game play once driver issues were straightened out. Just need to replace one 120mm fan on side as it is noisy compared to rest.

Last edited by Necomis; 2011-12-04 at 10:33 AM.