Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's bugged into near-impossibility on larger character models (Tauren, Draenei Male) because the target is painfully small-- smaller then your toon.

Managed it on a human female today with ~76 home, ~77 World lag by clicking it off JUST after the edge of the dock.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banzubie View Post
    get a warlock buddy to summon you at the bullseye then accept the summon mid flight. Bam! Instant achievement.
    That's an exploit. Don't do that. Who the heck would do it that way anyhow because you did not earn the achievement?

its kinda hard this quest

Haven't managed myself yet, but haven't been trying too hard either (not in a hurry to get it immediately). When I went on my last jump, two people that were launched a second before me, both got the achievement.

15+ Year Old Account
    Try jumping when you land.
    I was hitting dead center, left my guy there and had people exactly on top of me get the achieve.
    I just ended up cheating with my warlock portal, but not everyone has that pleasure.

---------- Post added 2011-12-04 at 01:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by macdisciple View Post
    That's an exploit. Don't do that. Who the heck would do it that way anyhow because you did not earn the achievement?
    When you're landing in the correct spot, earning 5 points while on the quest, and still not having the achieve rewarded, then yes something is wrong, so yes as a Lock id gladly help out.

Deleted
    Got it 1 try with my Wl. I havent tried but as a WL maybe you can cast Demonic circle in the middle an port to it before you land?

I tried several times, even landing once in the same spot as someone else that got it. I finally got it, but still wasn't exactly in the middle. I wasn't about to complain but I did find it rather strange that I got it outside of the exact middle.

SS: http://i42.tinypic.com/aufw3r.jpg

<Avid Mount/Pet Collector> Recently Earned:!! Leywoven Flying Carpet !!

So aim lower then the bullseye?

Deleted
    Jumping just after landing in a water for few seconds seemed to work for me.

Seems that in order to get it done, you have to land in water but "with your head above the surface" - normally I was landing all the time beneath the water (I bet different race models did not, seeing how people were using all kinds of form changes, into a Naga for example). So I swim up just after landing in the middle, wait a while and bam! Achievement done.
    Last edited by mmoc8c38b7d291; 2011-12-05 at 04:43 PM.

Ive tired at least 100 times and ive landed almost everywhere in that circle

Deleted
    There is a little trick. You have to be on the Quest with at least 0 Target-Points. So you have to get all five points with one Shot. If you shoot and get maybe 4 points, just abondon the quest and get it back.

Quote Originally Posted by macdisciple View Post
    who gives a cr*p jeez...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumbina View Post
    There is a little trick. You have to be on the Quest with at least 0 Target-Points. So you have to get all five points with one Shot. If you shoot and get maybe 4 points, just abondon the quest and get it back.
    Just commenting that I had been on the quest, got the five points, and still didn't get the achievement. I don't think the quest has anything to do with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumbina View Post
    I got it while NOT being on quest.

paid 500g for a warlock to summon me to the middle

On my Tauren WARRIOR, all I did was hit the drop button and Heroic Leap to the center of the circle. I got it on my first attempt using HL after a couple dozen normal attempts. I'd previously recieved the 5 points in one go, but didn't get the achievement. I'm pretty sure it's a little buggy. My successful attempt with HL also happened to come after a relog. I'm not sure there was a connection between the two though.

after trying (and hitting dead middle at LEAST once) and not getting this achievement i gave up and went fishing. forgot i had an elixir of water walking on and smacked into the surface of the target... got the cheev. my guess is this is related to the jumping trick and has something to do with where the actual bulls eye target is.

but, yeah, water walking... give it a try, the fall damage isnt that bad =P

Quote Originally Posted by skeebopshapow View Post
    after trying (and hitting dead middle at LEAST once) and not getting this achievement i gave up and went fishing. forgot i had an elixir of water walking on and smacked into the surface of the target... got the cheev. my guess is this is related to the jumping trick and has something to do with where the actual bulls eye target is.

but, yeah, water walking... give it a try, the fall damage isnt that bad =P
    Huh, there may be something to that, dunno. I know I kept forgetting I had Path of Frost on that first day.

<Avid Mount/Pet Collector> Recently Earned:!! Leywoven Flying Carpet !!

I had to blast myself about 40 times before I got the achievement and I think a lot of it may be based on luck (like most things in this freaking game), because there were a few times that I had landed dead center and didn't get an achievement. I've heard something about it being more troublesome for larger model characters, and I'm a Tauren, but I don't know if there's any fact to that.

When I finally did get the achievement, I was mashing the Jump button as soon as I hit the water, and once it finally responded to my key-pressing, I got it.

It's possible this may still have some bugs.
    Last edited by MelancholyRose; 2011-12-08 at 12:47 AM.

2nd try for me i did land it first time but game said no!