Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamikaze. View Post

And like always: When you look into you past you only think of all the good things. Games werent as good as they are today. I had a N64 and I enjoyed playing games on it very much. There were a lot of bad things about most of these games. Today Im older and I'm used to better games.
    I dunno, I still find it hard to find a game I enjoy and can replay as much as OOT -- and Majora's Mask was just head esplodingly good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamikaze. View Post
    And like always: When you look into you past you only think of all the good things. Games werent as good as they are today. I had a N64 and I enjoyed playing games on it very much. There were a lot of bad things about most of these games. Today Im older and I'm used to better games.
    Now see, Skelington can and does replay most of his old games, and have just as much fun with them as he has with all the new and "better" games.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Now see, Skelington can and does replay most of his old games, and have just as much fun with them as he has with all the new and "better" games.
    I agree. SNES is still my favorite system. :S

Quote Originally Posted by Impexio View Post
    1080 is a resolution... like 1920x1080.

1080 means the number of pixels in the vertical stack.

Have you ever seen a 30 foot billboard or even been to the cinema... They use a resolution much higher than 1080.

The original Star Wars has been released on Blu-Ray... You may ask how can they get it to 1080p when the quality of the original was so bad. They used the original footage that was used at the cinema which was more than 1080 resolution... Thats why the Blu-Ray Star Wars trilogy looks just as good as any HD film today.
    LoL, no, not really.

I work at my local movie theatre. First off, Digital projection works a LOT differently then Film projection when it comes to image quality. You dont talk about resolutions when using regular film. As for Digital proectors, we have 5 digital movie projectors, including one of a very small number of Digital Imax 3D Theatres in Canada. Our projectors are rated under two different display types: 2K (2048×1080) or 2.2 MP at 24 or 48 frames per second, and 4K (4096×2160) or 8.85 MP at 24 frames per second. And the 4K version is not "true" 4k projection, since it is basicly fakeing the double resolution size by having two seperate projection heads interlacing each alternating pixel.

90% of digital projectors currently on the market use the 2K standard. That's 2048x1080, which is, ironicly, about the same resolution as my current desktop monitor (natural resolution 1920 x 1200).

The reason most Cinema stuff looks better is because unlike a lot of home digital media, the digital media is completely uncompressed when used for display in the cinema. A typical 2 minute trailer for your average movie is around 2 to 2.5 gigs when we load it onto the digital media server at work.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2011-12-04 at 10:40 PM.