Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I felt the same when I first stepped on PTR.
    But you get used to it after some bosses/trys you should easily be on top of the HPS.
    Just keep in mind don't 'spam' HR 24/7, that will of course make you oom fast (except on Ultraxion once you have the blue buff you can spam)
    Do 1-2 HR when there is AoE incoming and then use HS and LoD to finish of. Most AoEs don't last longer than that (except some phases where you stack up).
    Use your mana cooldowns early in the fight (I usually pull it at 100k mana) so you won't ever get oom.
    Don't be afraid to use your hand for mana aswell.

Deleted
    If it had a 3 second CD I would be a bit happier with it. Time to cast or shock in between.
    Right now it feels a bit crazy. I started playing my pala again - in 1 day I went from 359 to 376 item level and did the LFR. Without any raid healing experience I was top on every fight by about 20% at least.

Its great to have big numbers but its a bit underwhelming that its not really skill that's doing it. Mana was also not a problem in LFR - I guess that changes when you get into normals.

Melee.. the boss.. for mana.... >.> there ya go, new judge version.

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    If it had a 3 second CD I would be a bit happier with it. Time to cast or shock in between.
    Right now it feels a bit crazy. I started playing my pala again - in 1 day I went from 359 to 376 item level and did the LFR. Without any raid healing experience I was top on every fight by about 20% at least.

Its great to have big numbers but its a bit underwhelming that its not really skill that's doing it. Mana was also not a problem in LFR - I guess that changes when you get into normals.
    It does change. Whatever you do don't think LFR is steaming you ready for normals. Even though normals are a joke, most people from LFR would straight out get owned in a normal run.

I've seen bosses go in to berserk on freaking LFR.. Pathetic.
    Healing wise, in LFR i'm round 15-16k while other healers barely touch 8k.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm adjusting, just takes a little time.

But yeah, I'm very disappointed in the changes to playstyle as a result of the raid and AoE changes.. If I play the way I did in 4.2, I get destroyed by a healer with 70% Holy Radiance and 15% Light of Dawn. It's just stupid and requires so little skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasture View Post
    More boring than what? Pressing HR and than spamming DL on everyone like we used to. I fail to see how our playstyle got less interesting.
    Honestly, it isn't as much the AoE buff as it is the raid is designed for AoE healing spam. Almost all of the bosses have a "stack up and spam Holy Radiance" section, and Ultraxion is literally 6 minutes of pressing Holy Radiance and Light of Dawn.

That's pretty stupid. Pre-patch, I would weave Judgement, Holy Shock, Holy Light, Flash of Light, Divine Light, Word of Glory, and Holy Radiance. Post-patch, Judge once a minute, Holy Shock on cooldown, and just Holy Radiance with Light of Dawn.

Eh, I'll get over it. I just felt before that Holy Paladins were 99% awesome 1% not awesome, and now I think we're just 95% awesome 5% boring.
    Last edited by Simca; 2011-12-06 at 06:46 AM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeslis View Post
    Melee.. the boss.. for mana.... >.> there ya go, new judge version.
    Dodge, parry, 200 dmg, no proc for mana.. -_-

But seriously I like the changes it's actually noticeable how much more regen I have. :P
    I used to like WoW. I still do, but I used to, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by urban dictionary
    Terms such as "baddie" do nothing to help remove the socially-inept, tone-deaf loser stigma stuck on gamers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Does it matter? PvP matters as much as pet battles.

I went from Haste build to Crit build so I had to adjust to the longer GCD but other than that it's still mostly the same because I raid 10m. I never really tried to judge on cd that much in FL because mana wasn't that much of an issue and it didn't scale with gear so that part isn't really different. HR became more situational but I think it's more noticeable than the old way of cast-and-forget, which is good. HR yielding HP seems a bit OP (Ultraxion sure is hilarious on holy paladin), but I'm not complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    I'm adjusting, just takes a little time.

But yeah, I'm very disappointed in the changes to playstyle as a result of the raid and AoE changes.. If I play the way I did in 4.2, I get destroyed by a healer with 70% Holy Radiance and 15% Light of Dawn. It's just stupid and requires so little skill.

Honestly, it isn't as much the AoE buff as it is the raid is designed for AoE healing spam. Almost all of the bosses have a "stack up and spam Holy Radiance" section, and Ultraxion is literally 6 minutes of pressing Holy Radiance and Light of Dawn.

That's pretty stupid. Pre-patch, I would weave Judgement, Holy Shock, Holy Light, Flash of Light, Divine Light, Word of Glory, and Holy Radiance. Post-patch, Judge once a minute, Holy Shock on cooldown, and just Holy Radiance with Light of Dawn.

Eh, I'll get over it. I just felt before that Holy Paladins were 99% awesome 1% not awesome, and now I think we're just 95% awesome 5% boring.
    Awesome - it is truth all over!

One had to think and adjust to the boss/group/situation to be a smart healer before the patch - now our only concern lies in "Where to get enough mana to sustain a deadboring HR/LoD-combo". Taking CDs off spells just cries for abuse. 30% willpowerregen just makes sustainable mana even less a problem of personal awareness. Just judge once a minute. I don't like the way the instances/raids are going and the adjustments made to the holy pala.

I haven't had too much of an issue adjusting. The only thing I am struggling with is JoTP uptime now that we don't cast judgement on CD.

The problem I have is focusing on raid-healing a lot more, means the tank might occasionally die and it's clearly my fault.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just as easy to relearn to heal as it's been every time before. I've been judging around 30-45 seconds if possible during a melee downtime to make sure I dont lose buff.
    We're in the best state we've been in a long long time. We need to stay like this.
    "Like the ancient tibetan philosophy states; dont start none, wont be none."
    Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    Lord Monichromicorn?
    Where is my gooooooooooooold
    Quote Originally Posted by pickley
    Lord Monichromicorn

Wheres my candy
    da best ^

Deleted
    my rotation nowdays in DS consists of HR - HS - HR and then choosing if to heal the tank or do another aoe heal, rinse and repeat for most fights except ultraxion where you really just go for the aoe everytime. That isnt making my class more interesting that just makes me feel like a brainless holy priest spamming PoH with Circle on cd. Old Radiance required you to time things and to time your cds, now it doesnt matter if you know the fight, you can still spam through it without any other penalty than mana but wait! Blizzard fixed that by making the use of judgement foolproof. I switched from my priest to paladin because i liked the fact that you had to time your abilities and make decisions in order to perform somewhat good, now I just feel like I am back on my priest.

Nope. I'm loving the changes.

Quote Originally Posted by nobodysbaby View Post
    @Mklovin: I doubt Blizzard wanted Holy Radiance to be spammable in the first place...?

I wonder how Paladins t13 4p +20% bonus is going to impact healer balance with many paladins having 60-90% from HR/LoD spam on many fights.

I raided normal 25 DS on my Paladin, and tbh, I would kill myself if I had to spam the HRx3+free LoD rotation 24/7. Such mindless play, and the worst thing was no other button felt worth pushing than HR+LoD and some occasional Shock... Terrible, tbh.

Not your fault, I am not blaming you in any way, this is a design flaw like I have never seen it before.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The paladin tier-13 four-piece set bonus should now increase healing done by Holy Radiance by 5%, down from 20%.
    No need to worry about that anymore, saw this coming a mile off though.

Quote Originally Posted by Brael View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The paladin tier-13 four-piece set bonus should now increase healing done by Holy Radiance by 5%, down from 20%.
    No need to worry about that anymore, saw this coming a mile off though.
    5% seems harsh. Could have just changed it to something else. It doesn't even seem worth it for 4pc unless all 4 pieces are well itemized.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it was needed. 5% is still a very, very good buff for 25 man raiding. I would /cheer if I had that on my PoH (wich still wont do more than 30% of my healing).

Hpriests got a 33% time duration on our Sanctuary, wich in best case (req 25 ppl stacked and casted on CD, not rly worth in 10's or 5's) makes up around 15% of our total healing, so.

Balance might change later on in favor of Druids and Discs who wont require a lot more Spirit, but that's another story!

Sorry Hpala mates, but 5% is still very descent compared to other healers T13 bonuses! Hugs

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superlolz View Post
    5% seems harsh. Could have just changed it to something else. It doesn't even seem worth it for 4pc unless all 4 pieces are well itemized.
    Considering the tier is fairly well itemized and Holy Radiance is like 50%+ of our healing on 3/4 of the fights this tier, it's still worth it in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. In fact I feel so op after 4.3 patch.
    "Ubi sementem feceris, ita mettes."

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    4 part is still a hilarious increase, it was either nerf the 4 part or nerf the ability itself.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    I could actually use a little help...I'm starting to get a little crazy because my guild goes and does some LFR 25 mans with a bunch of guildies in them and the other guild holy paladin always seems to edge me out slightly. I just don't get it. I've changed my gems/reforges/enchants a few times trying to figure out what I could possibly be doing wrong because everything I read tells me to go int>spirit>haste>mastery=crit, and yet the other paladin gems and reforges directly for mastery and not haste. His illuminated healing is what ends up edging me out on the healing meters. His gear is very slightly better than mine and his trinkets are better and I am just trying to figure out if it's something I'm doing wrong.

There's a link to my armory if you click on my signature, I realize I don't have exalted with Therazane yet so I'm using a slightly subpar shoulder enchant, but where else can I improve? It's frustrating me enough that I'm starting to wonder if I should have just stuck with my resto druid as my healing main. Thanks. >.<
    The whole Mastery/Haste/Crit debate still rages on. Haste>Mastery/Crit is the consensus of old, but it has been called into question a lot recently. A difference between the stats could be responsible for edging you out slightly, but I'm skeptical of that.

I'd have to see logs to be sure, but it may just be better Holy Radiance targeting, more Holy Radiance, better Light of Dawn targeting (and removing the glyph in LFR 25), more Light of Dawn, better Beacon of Light placement, or more Holy Shocks (for Infusion of Light).

---------- Post added 2011-12-07 at 12:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Motoma View Post
    4 part is still a hilarious increase, it was either nerf the 4 part or nerf the ability itself.
    I'd rather they nerf the ability itself.

Sigh, but then we'd be not as competitive against the other 4 specs which are also just spamming their AoE spells. God I hate spamming 2 spells.