The Lore...So Good...

I'm sure most of us are familiar with the SWTOR lore, and those that aren't probably don't care enough to read up.

This stuff is old, but it's a very efficient break down of all the events that lead up to the game. It goes back about 1300 years before the game.

Sorry if this is posted somewhere. I couldn't find anything and it's kind of ducked off on the official site.

NOTE: Best if viewed from right to left.

http://www.swtor.com/info/holonet/timeline

Wow thanks for pointing this out! I generally don't bother with the info pages on these websites because they are often so basic, but this is great.

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    Wow thanks for pointing this out! I generally don't bother with the info pages on these websites because they are often so basic, but this is great.
    np

Wish they'd finish it though. Like seven entries left >.<

Rumor was they'd finish off the timeline after launch. Doesn't mean they will, but can hope.

Deleted
    Thanks I'll give it a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Styxz View Post
    I'm sure most of us are familiar with the SWTOR lore, and those that aren't probably don't care enough to read up.

This stuff is old, but it's a very efficient break down of all the events that lead up to the game. It goes back about 1300 years before the game.

Sorry if this is posted somewhere. I couldn't find anything and it's kind of ducked off on the official site.

NOTE: Best if viewed from right to left.

http://www.swtor.com/info/holonet/timeline
    Thanks for this... some interesting information... Too bad it's not done... I may never remember to head back and finish it.

Excuse me while I clean up after my loregasm...

-Alamar

Quote Originally Posted by AlamarAtMMOC View Post
    Excuse me while I clean up after my loregasm...

-Alamar
    this made me lol :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I brushed up on my lore by reading the Sith page on Wookiepedia. Its amazing how resilient the Sith are as a whole.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loregasm. The only kind I get anymore. /sigh. DAMN YOU TOR!!!!!!
    "I'll tell you something, my Tenchi, you know the carnival comes and goes. But if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi."~Ryoko TENCHIxRYOKO FTW!

"The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined. The crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one.

Yeah, that timeline is pretty sweet. The journal of Gnost Dural is included in the CE. It's one of the physical CE items I am looking forward to.

So how much of this is sanctions by Lucus? I mean I always wanted Lucus to write more down and expand the story of the galaxy either 3 more movies before episode one, or even 3 more stories after ep 6. Yeah yeah I know there numerous books out already regarding those areas of the time line, but I want Lucus's version.

Quote Originally Posted by nogard64 View Post
    So how much of this is sanctions by Lucus? I mean I always wanted Lucus to write more down and expand the story of the galaxy either 3 more movies before episode one, or even 3 more stories after ep 6. Yeah yeah I know there numerous books out already regarding those areas of the time line, but I want Lucus's version.
    It's all canon.

GL usually doesnt care about EU lore, just kinda signs off on it then moves along. You can't touch his movies though lol

Deleted
    Maybe the empty entries are to do with new content? like new operations based on the investigations

Quote Originally Posted by Styxz View Post
    It's all canon.

GL usually doesnt care about EU lore, just kinda signs off on it then moves along. You can't touch his movies though lol
    I think this is what's so brilliant about the timeline they picked for TOR. For anyone who played SWG and cared about lore for the period it was set in, there was probably a lot of teeth grinding over the various ways the game ignored the lore of that time (ie. hundreds of jedi running around, the wrong ships being available for that period, etc). With the timeline they picked with TOR, they basically have a completely free hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Sycthrex View Post
    Maybe the empty entries are to do with new content? like new operations based on the investigations
    You can click the blank entries and it tell you what they'll be about. The oldest one goes waaaaaayyyyy back to the discovery of the force on Tython (something like 35k years before Episode 4).