Ultraxion - 2 Healing

We are currently 2 healing Ultraxion and I had an idea. Since there are 3 healer buffs and only 2 healers, is it possible for a DK tank to step back and get the Essence of Dreams heal buff and have his death strikes heal the part? I'll try to test this on our raid night on Thursday but if anyone else knows or has other ideas on beating this boss I'd appreciate the advice.

Garanhao - DK Tank
    Antonidas

Deleted
    No. You have to have a healing spec active to take the buff from the crystals. Best way to defeat it is to three heal, it's needed.
    Last edited by mmocbe00007827; 2011-12-04 at 07:53 PM.

Only healers can grab the buffs, so have one healer pick up green then get blue when it comes out

We tried having our arcane mage grab Kalecgos' buff (the one with haste and reduced mana cost) but he couldn't take it. You need to be in a healing spec to get it.

It is really not hard to two heal it if your dps are good and nobody does stupid things, and you use cds correctly. Actually easier to two heal it since it is over much faster.

It's also not hard to 3 heal if your tanks and DPS know how to hit buttons properly. Why would you even two heal? We're a 25m guild, but we killed it on alts with part ZA/ZG gear on last night before the last HoT (when the healing actually begins) with 5 dps..

Reading the dungeon journal is some though stuff. And its definitly 2 healable. Did it on PTR with a hpala (im a dpriest) and today on live with a druid and a shamy.

We did two-heal it as well. Worked out fine enough after people stopped dying to stupid stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakaiteki View Post
    No. You have to have a healing spec active to take the buff from the crystals. Best way to defeat it is to three heal, it's needed.
    You dont need 3 heals you not even need 2 healer to kill this boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Figaro10 View Post
    You dont need 3 heals you not even need 2 healer to kill this boss.
    This fight is already more or less a faceroll on 10 man (lol @ only needing 1 tank for HoT) for tanks and DPS. If you 2 heal it, then your healers will have to work slightly harder.

If you 3 heal it, it's a faceroll for everyone. Why not 3 heal it? Unless your 5 DPS and 2 tanks are so bad that they can't kill it before the damage ramps up too high, which would be pretty bad if you're a 10 man guild and they're your main DPS (with presumably FL/FL Heroic gear on).

Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveJohnKimble View Post
    This fight is already more or less a faceroll on 10 man (lol @ only needing 1 tank for HoT) for tanks and DPS. If you 2 heal it, then your healers will have to work slightly harder.

If you 3 heal it, it's a faceroll for everyone. Why not 3 heal it? Unless your 5 DPS and 2 tanks are so bad that they can't kill it before the damage ramps up too high, which would be pretty bad if you're a 10 man guild and they're your main DPS (with presumably FL/FL Heroic gear on).
    We were gonna 3-heal it but someone had to leave, so we just pulled in an extra dps. Took some extra effort on their part, but we managed it.

Deleted
    Yeah would've been nice for an affl lock/spriest/moonkin to pick up the blue buff, so heroic would be a bit easier as right now it seems pretty much impossible with current gear, too bad ;<

And @Detective, you would want to 2heal this (which is also "faceroll"..) as I assume you want to practice for heroic mode upcoming resets? You really don't stand a chance at all with 3 healers due to the enrage timer.

Quote Originally Posted by Conver View Post
    And @Detective, you would want to 2heal this (which is also "faceroll"..) as I assume you want to practice for heroic mode upcoming resets? You really don't stand a chance at all with 3 healers due to the enrage timer.
    i havent seen the numbers for 10man yet, but i know in 25s you need each DPS to pull 39-40k if you 3 heal. and it will most likely be impossible to 3 heal.

looks like they want us to gear and not be able to cheese the gear check fight(looking at you baleroc)
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Best way to 2 heal is have one healer get both the red buff, blow a lot of mana, than get the blue buff. You have your 2nd healer just pick up the green buff, but it's probably one healable, just havn't been able to try it yet.
    Smitus of <Solace>, previously of <SNF>

Quote Originally Posted by Smitus View Post
    but it's probably one healable, just havn't been able to try it yet.
    Yes it is^^:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/g...?s=5601&e=5809

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Figaro10 View Post
    They nerfed Holy Radiance in the hotfix, so good luck with that...