1. #1

    Level 60 pvp gear transmogrification

    Is there anyone who knows why you cannot use this gear for transmogrification? It's a little sad imo, i cant even use the shield or any of the weapons?

    I just get "This item's appearance cannot be used"
    Synit 90 - Orc Elemental Shaman [Active]

  2. #2
    Have you tried reading the front page news as to why level 60 pvp gear cannot be used... thats a little sad imo

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowz View Post
    Have you tried reading the front page news as to why level 60 pvp gear cannot be used... thats a little sad imo
    So i missed a tiny 3 line segment on the entire frontpage, no reason to be a douche about it.
    Synit 90 - Orc Elemental Shaman [Active]

  4. #4
    http://www.wowhead.com/items?filter=...rs=1;crv=40202

    buy that version. but you can only if you got the grand marshel title

  5. #5
    Herald of the Titans Agallochh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    2,865
    Stupid imo. They should have only allowed Vengeful shoulders/helm purchasable to people who got 1800/2200+ for that season.
    90 Orc Warrior - Ganglion | 90 Draenei Hunter - Fleshgrind

  6. #6
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    13,026
    Think you are screwed? Try being a blood elf paladin.. They have only ONE way of getting their armor: Being a faction-changed Human Paladin.

  7. #7
    The gear is ugly anyway, the only reason you want it is because you still remember it as the "GM/HW" set. Good thing it stays that way by the way.

    The reason they didn't do that for the Vengeful / Brutal gear is because :
    - It would be weird to have level 70 players wearing the Brutal gear (it has been available since LK without rating requirements), but restricting the Vengeful gear, an inferior set.
    - Most players still look back at S3 and T6 as the best sets made it was asked extremely often in forums to bring them back. The GM/HW sets are barely watchable in comparison.

    Honestly, it is most likely a temporary restriction that will be lifted when MoP comes out. They just wanted to give a bone to the remaining GM / HW who lost their title privileges this expansion, but it won't last.

    I personally had my S3 shoulders/weapon on my Boomkin and S4 weapon on my feral (try getting S4 shoulders as a feral......) but i havn't touched my druid since LK came out and am very happy to have access to S1-4 gear on my warrior. My current set is a mix of Wrathful and T6, so I don't even use the S3 armor, but I always loved the S3 sword because it's so huge and kind of inverted in the way you hit with it. If I ever swap my transmo, it will most likely be for the Tournament Realm look of TBC (aka full merciless with S2 mace - It's kind of ugly and cool at the same time).

  8. #8
    New Kid Zaelsino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    13,020
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Think you are screwed? Try being a blood elf paladin.. They have only ONE way of getting their armor: Being a faction-changed Human Paladin.
    Such truth. It's such a pain; it's not our fault Blood Knights didn't exist in vanilla...

  9. #9
    The reason people want it is because its the only faction specific armour. It is the uniform of your faction army- and considering that they are trying to start a war- restricting people from using that uniform is... probably not the smartest move.
    A man chooses, a Slave obeys. OBEY! - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

  10. #10
    Epic! Peyj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    1,656
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelkyri View Post
    The reason people want it is because its the only faction specific armour. It is the uniform of your faction army- and considering that they are trying to start a war- restricting people from using that uniform is... probably not the smartest move.
    Well, looking at it that way, obviously they only want Veterans to use the armor for the war.
    Originally Posted by Tseric
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

  11. #11
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    13,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Such truth. It's such a pain; it's not our fault Blood Knights didn't exist in vanilla...
    I really hated the way GM's explained it to me.
    The first one told me to check if I had the FoS and go buy the Netherstorm-replica's!
    Well siigh, I'm a blood elf paladin, what do you think?

    And the other..
    You are indeed correct, it is only possible for a Horde paladin to have th FoS if they are a faction changed one. The same applies for alliance shamans.
    I hope this helps clear things up!


    Well, thank you >.> stop being so cheerful about it.

  12. #12
    New Kid Zaelsino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    13,020
    That's weak. I mean, the least they could do with this (frankly, all-around sketchy idea) is give blood elf paladins and draenei shamans a free pass. I know quite a few people who were really looking forward to playing out the whole Blood Knight theme with the proper gear.

    Level 60 alts have been bastardizing the gear for ages now; what's the big issue all of a sudden?

  13. #13
    Yeah I think it's a good change that only old high ranking members can transmog it. It was a good way to throw a bone to those who've played since vanilla and PVPed. Especially since like people already said in this thread, they got screwed by having their titles made available again in a way that's extremely easier than they used to be to get.

    I disagree that the rank 14 sets are ugly though. Some of them like the Horde/Alliance plate and the Horde mail sets look awesome. The weapons are amazing looking too. Especially the rank 14 alliance 2H.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •