Thread: Dark Souls

Thumbs up Dark Souls

Dark Souls

I know everybody is not a fan, but man it was really good. I wish there was an expansion or sequel coming.
    They know how to milk the cow.

Deleted
    You realise there's a prequel you can play? It's called Demon Souls, I think.

This game makes me really want to buy a PS3. I wish that it was for PC, but it looks good enough to invest some money into a console. There are many console-exclusives that I want to get, so this game may have pushed me into buying one finally. I just think it's sad that it isn't as well known as some other RPGs released this year like Skyrim. I think it definitely has more GOTY potential than Skyrim does.

Deleted
    Dark souls is indeed awesome. Even though I'm far away from finishing it, I must say I like Demon's souls just a tad more. It's somehow more...dark and lonely.
    I really liked the idea of the nexus, that place was so depressing, I'm not a huge fan of the openworldness of Dark Souls.

That being said, it's still a 9.5 for me =)

Meh-ish on Dark Souls. Demons Souls was only good because of the atmosphere. I can turn just about any game up to hard and it is as hard or harder than those two. I don't know why people thinks it is revolutionary to make it hard without a difficulty scale, but w/e.

Have not played Dark souls yet. Will buy it later next year, too many games come out.
    Demon's souls was easily GOTY, and one of the best action RPGs of this generation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Meh-ish on Dark Souls. Demons Souls was only good because of the atmosphere. I can turn just about any game up to hard and it is as hard or harder than those two. I don't know why people thinks it is revolutionary to make it hard without a difficulty scale, but w/e.
    The difficulty in Demons/Dark Souls is a lot different from most "hard" games, take a game like skyrim put it on master and you will understand what I mean. Skyrim might be hard when you turn the difficulty onto master but being skilled in skyrim will have almost no effect, either you die or you dont.

In Demons/Dark souls all bosses are doable in litterally no gear as long as you are extremely skilled.

I gotta be honest and say that I didnt enjoy Dark Souls as much as Demons Souls mainly because the world is so big and I got lost alot causing me to lose all my estus flasks which meant I had to go back to a bonfire and try again. Had there been grass instead of estus flasks I would have loved this game alot more. While people keep saying that Dark Souls is harder than Demons Souls I do not agree, this time they just made the game seem hard by adding a cap on how many time you could heal yourself which in my opinion makes the game more hardcore but not harder.

Another thing I disliked about the game is humanity, it was rather boring and ephemeral eye, world tendency and character tendency just seemed more fun. I feel like they should have tried to improve upon the mechanics from Demons Souls and tried to incorporate them into the open world of Dark Souls.

Oh if you could slap someone over the internet for reminding me of THE HORORS (playing thru without guides, dying dying and dying). I remember the dying.