Deleted

Recount/Grid randomly doubling data(?)

Recount reports for our raids are rarely consistent - and we usually have a random person or random people having their damage done doubled over a fight... for no particular reason.

This isn't a massive problem, as it doesn't impact our gameplay - but my grid is also randomly doubling damage on people too. Take Majordomo cleaves for example, the whole raid is hit for ~80k and one persons healthbar empties completely. They don't die of course, as they only took the same 80k damage as everybody else- but in a more hectic fight, this kind of bug can cause confusion and lower my life expectancy quite considerably.

Any ideas as to what is causing this? The recount issue at least isn't just my issue - as other guildies have the same issue, often with different people getting doubled data - so random!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have had this happen to me in 4.2 on my MSBT as well. It would last for a few fights then randomly go away. I recall it happening in 4.3 only once so far.

Deleted
    Not the addons' fault, it's an issue with combat log entries being doubly reported by the server. The addons have no real way to verify whether these entries are duplicates, so they parse them.

Deleted
    Thanks guys, I guess that makes sense if multiple addons are 'bugging' - it's much more likely to be the source data!

Ah well, this seems to have existed since at least the start of firelands... so may have to put up with it for some time more.