Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakshamash View Post
    I like Darkmoon Faire so much. But no way I'm doing crazy boss farm for artifacts and that daily nerf is bs. So, I'm out. If they think that I'm crazy enough to do dailies/collect artifacts a whole year to get replica set/mount/pet, something is really fked with their brains. GW2, here I come...
    bye bye.

Hint for other look at the "under construction" tents.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yell View Post
    bye bye.

Hint for other look at the "under construction" tents.
    Yeah , but you know what ? WHY releasing half-finished content ? And WHY doing the nerf NOW , instead of when those "under constructions" tents will be finished ? Darkmoon Fair is the biggest grind in all WoW right now .

Quote Originally Posted by keldoen View Post
    Poor engineering. No goggle upgrades, no new guns and in fact, Nothing new at all. Man i should change to blacksmithing.
    Hear! hear!

Gratz Blizzard on nerfing the 2 only things my guild really liked in the game. (Yea, we are grinders, stop whining ok?) Pathetic change, but alas, even the raiders need to have food fast instead of working for it I guess. Archeology? Why nerf an FUN profession? If you need the epics for progression, stop raiding.

I think it's clever they took out Transmute for epic gems, I know several people, as well as myself who were ready to transmute on day 1 of 4.3

Good for new people, but an insult to the work people already put into fishing and archaeology so far. :/ They are horrible skills to raise, no doubt at that,... but there SHOULD be skills that are hard. so you have something to DO, to raise, to keep working on - however slowly. THAT is the thing that gives you the sense of actually ACCOMPLISHING something. Not "oh fishing? yeah i leveled that in two hours"... Dumbing the work down, means people are less involved with the progress their characters make, it lowers the value people put to the work they accomplish, and makes it emotionally easier to quit.

Quote Originally Posted by arukas View Post
    Engeneering kicked in the nuts again!
    Especially ally engineers...
    Horde got 2 new mount tracks with Cata, and all we have is a picture frame as a rare drop.
    And you have to be worgen to place photo of yourself in it. As a new "ally mount"...

Not even talking 'bout new guns or eng head (c'mon! Blizz got better things to do) :O(

---------- Post added 2011-12-05 at 02:41 PM ----------

The daily quests now give just 1 x Darkmoon Prize Ticket each instead of 5.

What is it? Joke? What 'bout ppl who doesn't have time running endless heroics in hope to get drop? To get one freakin' pet we have to wait 2 months? Not even talking 'bout to collect them all + mounts...

Archaeology leveling speed was also increased, now granting 5-9 fragments per dig. The number of fragments required to solve an artifact has also been decreased slightly.
    Go on Blizz... U r the best. Lets make this game more "made in China" for brainless ppl.
    Last edited by Bub; 2011-12-05 at 07:46 PM.

Archaeology leveling speed was also increased, now granting 5-9 fragments per dig. The number of fragments required to solve an artifact has also been decreased slightly.
    Go on Blizz... U r the best. Lets make this game more "made in China" for brainless ppl.[/QUOTE]

Because getting fragments at a way slower rate requires more brain power? I am not seeing your logic here.

I've maxed out both fishing and archaeology and have ALL the achievements associated with both (sans that damn turtle mount).
    I for one am happy that other people don't need to go through a ridiculous grind just to enjoy a profession. I also don't understand how some people seem to imply that archaeology will lose its fun now. Unless the grind itself was fun for you everything that was actually enjoyable about Arch is still there. Aka finding and reading about the interesting items you dig up.

Archaeology leveling speed was also increased, now granting 5-9 fragments per dig. The number of fragments required to solve an artifact has also been decreased slightly. Go on Blizz... U r the best. Lets make this game more "made in China" for brainless ppl.[/QUOTE] Because getting fragments at a way slower rate requires more brain power? I am not seeing your logic here. I've maxed out both fishing and archaeology and have ALL the achievements associated with both (sans that damn turtle mount). I for one am happy that other people don't need to go through a ridiculous grind just to enjoy a profession. I also don't understand how some people seem to imply that archaeology will lose its fun now. Unless the grind itself was fun for you everything that was actually enjoyable about Arch is still there. Aka finding and reading about the interesting items you dig up.

In my opinion, i guess they need to put another way to get epic gems. Why now they don't let the alchemyst transmute? I guess cause they don't want the people get epic gems easy, but what happen with PvPers or people that can't raid on normal and heroic and only raid on finder????? that is not fair for JC and alchemist to get money, so then why they wait all this time to get epic and now no? this is insane really, i don't know what are they looking now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    Go on Blizz... U r the best. Lets make this game more "made in China" for brainless ppl.
    So leveling archaeology at the slower pace required a lot of smarts, did it?

Quote Originally Posted by lustyevilgnome View Post
    So leveling archaeology at the slower pace required a lot of smarts, did it?
    Nope.
    But look at nerf history over the years.
    Game become more and more simple with every patch. Most of professions r useless now.
    But once again it's MO as a person who's playing since vanilla.

Saddened nothing was added for Alchemy. Not even new Alchemy only trinkets. Can't make much money through Alch anymore. Everyone just uses those dumb cauldrons for flasks for their raids, and pretty much no one uses them outside of raids. Getting those to be BoE would be a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    Nope.
    But look at nerf history over the years.
    Game become more and more simple with every patch. Most of professions r useless now.
    But once again it's MO as a person who's playing since vanilla.
    I beg to differ having to fish through all the way to illustrious, at some point I even missed my Dire Maul grinds, oh the horror

Actually, the old version were bad, the problem is, Blizzard doesn't apply such fixes properly as removing of such a time-sink would require them to add an additional one if it is to be considered a true fix...

Aw, it's too bad that the internships require you to return to school afterwards. I'm graduating in May. I guess I'm still mainly trying for Disney!

I have both my fishing and my Archaeology maxed but I'm so glad Blizz made a change to them. They are the most annoying pointless grind.Thank you Blizz

The only change that was needed for archeology was either the ability to lock-out a race, or put a cap on fragmaents per race to keep from getting nothing but nightelf sites, even on continents where they shouldn't spawn. Mild exageration, but not really.

The only other changes would be to add more items. Perhaps even change that "Wisp Amulet" into a pet and extend the time on "Bones of Transformation" without it getting cancelled from doing any action.
    Last edited by BrotheerDog; 2011-12-08 at 08:03 AM.

Short: A lot of posters here want the archeology epics without any work whatsoever. Guys, they solved that for you. It's called LFR and the AH, might want to check them out ok?

Does anyone know which is the maximum amount of tickets in one week?