Deleted

Quick help regarding grammar

Heya Mmo dudes

I'm having a little trouble deciding on whether or not it is "are" or "is" that should be used in this sentence. So I'm giving the grammer-nazi's a little time to shine (Nothing negative, apologize for misunderstandings).

Anyway here we go:
    Ellie’s excessive swearing, as well as her incoherent and fragmented thoughts "are/is" further proof of the short story.......

I wrote the sentence with "are" because there are multiple thoughts and such, but Word 2007 is correcting it to "is", can anyone help me out here?

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    i see thoughts as a plural subject so the plural verb should be used, i think 'are' is what you want.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Proxeneta View Post
    Anyway here we go:
    Ellie’s excessive swearing, as well as her incoherent and fragmented thoughts "are/is" further proof of the short story...
    Are!

/pirate

Deleted
    Thank you! apparently Word 07 is trolling me

Both sound a little off to me, to be honest.

"For further proof of the short story, just look at Ellie’s excessive swearing, as well as her incoherent and fragmented thoughts."

If that makes sense in context, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.