Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've never really watched the halftime. We usually let the TV on, but don't watch the show. We talk instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Squeezus View Post
    I'm glad someone said this. A wise person once told me, "there is a difference between good music, and what music you like" Basically meaning what music is good or bad(basically meaning that artist is talented and knows WTF their doing) is not really up for debate. Whether you prefer to listen to them or not is a whole other thing. There are plenty of artists that I like to listen to that I know are dog shit as far as musical quality goes, and the other way around.

With that out of the way, if you honestly try to talk shit about Madonna's career and some of the amazing artists that she has spawned you need kicked up side the head. Is she the right choice for the Super Bowl? I don't know, you have to remember that a Super Bowl audience is not really a football audience. A ton of people that watch the Super Bowl really aren't even football fans. So having one of the most important artists in the history of American music play is actually a pretty safe bet even if she's way past her prime, which she is.

Again: The Who's halftime performance says hi. Where they were out of tune, couldn't keep time, and sounded like they needed their next dose of meds, some tapioca pudding, and an early bedtime.
    "It was the product of a mind so twisted, it was actually sprained." -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by nurabsal View Post
    on an aside, i think Bane Falcon might be my hero
    2-2-2012. We shall always remember the day where Paladins ascended through the Light to become GODS.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorlakand View Post
    I've never really watched the halftime. We usually let the TV on, but don't watch the show. We talk instead.
    I watch the super bowl alone generally (Unless my good friend Mr. Jack Daniels counts) so nobody to talk to but myself <.<

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    I watch the super bowl alone generally (Unless my good friend Mr. Jack Daniels counts) so nobody to talk to but myself <.<
    You can come hang out with me if you like. I'll be at my buddy's bar getting loaded as usual.

No, you have to get it right, it's the Honorable Reverend Jack Daniels.

I personally hope she strips completely nude, causing the largest chain vomiting in the history of mankind in the stadium, forcing them to cancel the rest of the superbowl due to vomit on the field.
    Let's hope this actually happens.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bane Falcon View Post
    Again: The Who's halftime performance says hi. Where they were out of tune, couldn't keep time, and sounded like they needed their next dose of meds, some tapioca pudding, and an early bedtime.
    Yeah, cause you know all that auto tuning and lip synching by the Black Eyed Peas last year makes them any better. What do you expect from a bunch of guys in their 60's that haven't toured in ages?

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    You can come hang out with me if you like. I'll be at my buddy's bar getting loaded as usual.
    As long as your paying! I live fairly close to canada (I do not know if you are from there, just saw the toronto thing in your sig)

They could have had Rebecca Black and Jenna Rose perform instead...

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    When they had the Rolling Stones I thought that was pretty bad but then this.......This could be far worse!

It's almost definitely to attract non-football related viewership. But I can't remember a good half time show in my short time watching football, so I guess it's just not something I've come to expect. You know what, I can't even remember the last time I watched a full half time show.

Reload on beer and food, or take a piss, or get up and walk around some!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by timtim89 View Post
    When they had the Rolling Stones I thought that was pretty bad but then this.......This could be far worse!
    How exactly were The Rolling Stones bad? At least they play their own instruments and Mick Jagger doesn't feel the need to lip synch like every colossal douche pop star does. Sure, they might be sloppy due to age but they put on a great live show, and in my opinion a football halftime show is not a good measure of how well a band performs. The performers are given X number of minutes to do their thing, and part of the problem with having such a short time frame is the increased chance at things going wrong such as setup issues and things breaking down.

10+ Year Old Account
    So insted of all saying Madonna sucks(Which I agree with, few good songs but that's it) how about you say which bands/singers you would like to see? Personally I would like to see Rammstein just for the sake of it.

They always put washed up wanna-be like Bruce Sprinsteen , Tom Petty ( who's that anyway) , The Who , Paul McCartney or Rolling Stone

Madonna fit perfectly on this bill

I'm surprised the Foo Fighters haven't done a half time show yet. I'm not a fan, but you also can't deny how big they are pretty much everywhere.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    They always put washed up wanna-be like Bruce Sprinsteen , Tom Petty ( who's that anyway) , The Who , Paul McCartney or Rolling Stone

Madonna fit perfectly on this bill
    Washed up as in still touring, making records and making billions of dollars while still being relevant to rock music? Right, when was the last time Madonna released an album, 2000 or so? Yeah, GTFO and stop trolling. Last time I checked though, good musicians didn't need to make new albums to be popular, pretty sure no one outside Madonna's fanbase has ever mentioned her name in the last decade. Good musicians let their music, regardless of how old it is, speak for themselves.

---------- Post added 2011-12-13 at 05:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jreg View Post
    I'm surprised the Foo Fighters haven't done a half time show yet. I'm not a fan, but you also can't deny how big they are pretty much everywhere.
    No kidding, their popularity really has gone through the roof this year though, but I think that's in part to how great Wasting Light is as an album, easily their best record to date and that's saying a lot since a lot of their albums are very hit and miss in terms of song quality consistency. I was really expecting them to be picked for the Superbowl this year, but instead they want to risk a colossal failure by getting Madonna with Circque Du Soleil, that's just asking for a failure.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2011-12-13 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    Your talking about the most influential pop female artist in the last 30 years, and your telling me she is inappropriate? Without her, you would not have many of the current generation of female singers today. Many female singers, whether your Britney Spears, Lady Gaga (who might I add has said flat out that Madonna was a major influence to her), to Nelly Furtado, Shakira, Gwen Stefani, and Christina Aguilera. Plus can you say that Black Eye Peas are a Rock and Roll Hall Inductee? No. Can you call Modanna one? Yes.
    Winston, fetch the DeLorean, we have a job to do.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    Your talking about the most influential pop female artist in the last 30 years, and your telling me she is inappropriate? Without her, you would not have many of the current generation of female singers today. Many female singers, whether your Britney Spears, Lady Gaga (who might I add has said flat out that Madonna was a major influence to her), to Nelly Furtado, Shakira, Gwen Stefani, and Christina Aguilera. Plus can you say that Black Eye Peas are a Rock and Roll Hall Inductee? No. Can you call Modanna one? Yes.
    What the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame does really doesn't justify musical talent, seeing as how they also inducted ABBA a few years ago and Donovan this year and they are terrible induction choices, yet they have passed over great bands like Rush for a decade now (whether you like their music or not doesn't matter, they were at the forefront of progressive rock in the 70's, and are one of the most talented power trios in rock music). The R&RHoF bases it's voting off the popularity of artists in Rolling Stone magazine, meaning that if you have never had coverage, you won't see a chance at an induction even if you deserve it, hell Rolling Stone magazine has been bombarded for 25 years by Rush fans because they refuse to give them coverage, now they finally got off their asses and realized their mistakes. Meaning they will be putting people like Katy Perry and Kanye West into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame even if they suck major balls and auto tune their music to death because they have no talent.

So basically, if you make it into Rolling Stone Magazine, odds are you will get inducted no matter how much you suck.

Also, if it wasn't for singers like Joni Mitchell or a band like Heart, women in music would be non existent outside opera, Madonna has done nothing but spur the endless waves of no talent female pop singers, much like boybands paved the way for all the auto tuning garbage like Chris Brown, because when it comes down to it, music today doesn't require talent. So long as you are good looking or a freak, you can sell a record that someone else wrote no matter how bad it is and no matter how much they rehash the lyrics about every dude thinking he is a gangster and how every woman is a whore, pretty much that's what the reality is.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2011-12-13 at 10:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nicki Minaj and Madonna?
    Guess what I won't be watching!
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh well, does there even need to be a half time show? It's a treat for some people, and those who aren't fans can just take the time to do something else.

... Good grief that Athens video is awful.
    Last edited by Xiphan; 2011-12-14 at 12:22 AM.