Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Madness of Deathwing - Bugs?

Having some issues on Madness of DW with random bugs f*cking us.

We are seeing players randomly fall to their death as we jump between platforms and Alextraza's fire breath not killing off all the blistering tentacles whilst she is still up, she sometimes leaves 1 or 2 up on Low Life (Is this intended?)

The encounter is fairly simple, but, these sort of bugs are happening in almost every try and it's leaving my guild frustrated. Anyone got any advice on how to deal with the players falling to their death bug?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Try not to ''Jump'' It's apparently how our hunter died in our raid OP.

Deleted
    Yeah, that's true, seemed to cause alot of problems while jumping.

Also, don't use any movement speed increases. Don't go travel form, don't sprint, just walk across it normally. You get a movement speed boost when you land, but that time walking will never be the reason you wipe.

Only had 1 guy die once during all our attemps due to falling to water, other than that didn't notice any game breaking bugs. Overall it's pretty easy fight on normal.

Deleted
    yeah, had the same problems. well ok, the tentacle thing isn't really an issue as they die in 2 gcds. the jump bug however is a bigger problem and happened to us too.

We encountered an annoying bug where his head would land a platform too early for the second phase. Oh and we wouldn't get any of the dragon buffs for the second phase either. -.-

I actually had the "fall in the water" bug by walking in the current so I always jump now :P I think it was because walking sometimes doesn't give momentum while falling forward so u can fall right next to the platform wall and not get caught by the wind.

Yea we had the random falling between platforms wipe us twice, once was me dying to it. Really frustrating, especially if its like the 3rd or 4th platform and you gotta waste all that time.

Don't jump just run
    The blisterings honestly it shouldn't be an issue have some of your raid members pump up their dps by cleaving a bit, they don't have much hp.

Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    Don't jump just run
    The blisterings honestly it shouldn't be an issue have some of your raid members pump up their dps by cleaving a bit, they don't have much hp.
    Aren't the blistering tentacles immune to player AoE? I'm pretty sure they ignore my trinket procs.

The falling deaths between platforms is absurdly irritating. 11-12 minutes in and a sudden unavoidable death to a bug makes me just want to quit. Happened 3 times to us last night.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrum View Post
    The falling deaths between platforms is absurdly irritating. 11-12 minutes in and a sudden unavoidable death to a bug makes me just want to quit. Happened 3 times to us last night.
    That's exactly how it made us feel last night. The fight is very easy, but it feels like 50% of the time, a player will fall to their death.

We do Kalegos' platform last, so we need everyone alive for the Elementium Bolt, so jumping across, only to watch one player die make it feel like a massive waste of time.

Lots of bugs in this fight. Falling down is the most common one, some guilds only had 3 platforms and the head fell down and the fourth limb just dissapeared resulting in a "free" kill. Other times the head falls down while you are on the way to the last platform.

This has to be one of the most bugged fights in a long time to make it to the live servers, why can't Thrall just make us some damned bridges?=P Count in that this is a 15 min fight a few bugs can seem and are VERY annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrum View Post
    Aren't the blistering tentacles immune to player AoE? I'm pretty sure they ignore my trinket procs.

Blistering cant be aoed. At least my mind sear and the dks HB didn work tonight.

And as mentioned. Dont jump if you move to next platform. No idea if this doesnt let the bug occur but compared to last weeks kill we didnt had a single player dying from it. Last raid it were atleast 1 each try XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Well Blizzard is doing Rolling Restarts this morning so hopefully they fix the problem

When their servers have a latency spike, some people dies, you can't do anything about it.

They could fix it by preventing anyone from dying between platforms by removing fall damage and putting the wind trigger on the ground in case someone goes through, but I guess that's too much work.

It's not a jumping thing. I jump nearly every time between platforms and I personally have only fallen a few times. I never have a speed increase when I fall through, outside of Pursuit of Justice, and if that causes it, that's retarded. I don't lag, either. The bug is completely random.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcatraz_ View Post
    Try not to ''Jump'' It's apparently how our hunter died in our raid OP.
    Actually its better to make sure you do physically JUMP rather then WALK off the edge, that way your character is higher when the "wind" hits you and carries you over to the other side. If you don't jump then often you drop quite a bit lower down before the wind kicks in and that is when client/server lag can get you to fall to your death.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that this hasn't been fixed by now either shows that they can't fix it or simply can't be bothered to. Which is sad, as losing a raid member in an expansion-ending fight to a bug in a way that you can't recover (brez) them is extremely poor quality, even more so that it happens quite commonly and consistently.

10+ Year Old Account
    I gotta say my 10m group just got to Madness yesterday and have encountered countless bugs. The platform bug hit us about every 3rd attempt. Extra tentacles spawning on platforms noone was even on. Cataclysm went off on the 4th platform about 5 seconds after we killed the claw and were on our way to the final platform. Just one thing after another after another. This really really pisses me off because here we are at the final boss of this expansion and you literally can't get shit done because of bugs that should never have made it through the PTR. I mean honestly what's the point of the test realm if you don't catch/fix bugs in the first place? My entire raid group is to the point to where if we continue to see bugs like this, we're all taking a vacation from the game, possibly permanent.
    "I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am the protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!!!"