Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shootyadead View Post
    I gotta say my 10m group just got to Madness yesterday and have encountered countless bugs. The platform bug hit us about every 3rd attempt. Extra tentacles spawning on platforms noone was even on. Cataclysm went off on the 4th platform about 5 seconds after we killed the claw and were on our way to the final platform. Just one thing after another after another. This really really pisses me off because here we are at the final boss of this expansion and you literally can't get shit done because of bugs that should never have made it through the PTR. I mean honestly what's the point of the test realm if you don't catch/fix bugs in the first place? My entire raid group is to the point to where if we continue to see bugs like this, we're all taking a vacation from the game, possibly permanent.
    Logs or it didnt happen, we've had one death during all of our normal kills And heroic progression...(the death was me leaping to the edge, didnt get my jump..) and more often then not when people do post logs, It shows its not bugs happening, its berserk, timers, people blinking, sprinting, leaping "into" water etc etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Logs or it didnt happen, we've had one death during all of our normal kills And heroic progression...(the death was me leaping to the edge, didnt get my jump..) and more often then not when people do post logs, It shows its not bugs happening, its berserk, timers, people blinking, sprinting, leaping "into" water etc etc.
    I love how logs or it didn't happen is always the answer. Everyone knows the fight is bugged as hell. Kinda hard for a druid or a dk to sprint or blink and fall into the middle. There's also no reason at all more than one tentacle should spawn, which did happen at least 3 times. After we dropped group and reformed that quit happening but the jump bug definitely kept going.
    "I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am the protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!!!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shootyadead View Post
    I love how logs or it didn't happen is always the answer. Everyone knows the fight is bugged as hell. Kinda hard for a druid or a dk to sprint or blink and fall into the middle. There's also no reason at all more than one tentacle should spawn, which did happen at least 3 times. After we dropped group and reformed that quit happening but the jump bug definitely kept going.
    Yes, cause 99% of the time, it IS the answer..
    Druid can shapeshift, stamp roar(=sprint..)

And i would like to see logs of 2 corruptions spawning at the same time, on the same platform, 3 times in a row...

If it would happen as often, much and varied bugs as people describe them, shouldn't I or our guild have atleast encountered one of them, at least once ? (jumping one excluded)
    (I have about 30-40 normal kills, 40ish heroic wipes and countless lfr runs, spread between war, lock and pala)
    Last edited by mmoc51f27689b0; 2012-03-13 at 11:07 AM.

We had a few people die Saturday. It was embarrassing since Normal Madness has been a joke farm fight for us forever, and we actually wiped like 5+ times because people kept dying on the jump to Kalecgos' platform.

Deleted
    Conversely i don't think we've ever had someone randomly fall in the water, or any of the other bugs mentioned here, and I've killed madness about 15x.

Clearly the bugs aren't consistent and thus is probably very difficult to replicate, identify the cause and thus solve it.

If you want to have fun in LFR, go to the Kalecgos platform and dps it down to 89% (make sure you can heal yourself) then go join the group back.

I garantee you fun times when they all jump on the blue platform at the end. The burning blood stacks will jump from 10 to 100 automatically and the raid will wipe.

Due to the nerfs, our shadow priests had to start making sure to level get the tentacles on other platforms below 90% otherwise it's an automatic wipe once we jump on that platform.

This will be so fun when it gets to 25% nerfs.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Only bug we have had is people falling in the water jumping from the 3rd to 4th platform on heroic. This is very irritating on heroic as you perfect the whole fight and someone dies to a bug.

We have not had this problem on normal or any other platform jump, its only that last one.....doesnt normaly happen but this past week it took out 3 attempts in a row.

My guild was doing heroic madness last night (just about killed it on our second attempt)then we had 8 consecutive wipes due to people falling through the platforms on the 3rd and 4th platform. Everything was going perfectly until BAM someone dies due to a bug. It was very frustrating.

15+ Year Old Account
    its lag related, your characters position isn't being updated fast enough to get thralls buff so you fall to your death, to prevent this pause slightly before you run off the edge to give the server enough time.

I've never jumped before while crossing the plaforms, but after falling through yesterday i decided to start doing it. The logic that jumping increases my air time, and more air time gives longer time for the effect to trigger.

The idea that movement speed effects raises the chance of falling seems absurd though, people i experience falling through seems to do so on the early part of the run, i've yet to see it happen while under Thrall's speed boost.

The reality could also easily be that none of that stuff has an effect at all, could say it's all part of the human superstitious nature that tends to tingle when things we can't explain happen.

Last week we had him bug at 0% over a minute later he enraged....was a lovely waste of 15 minutes.

The only thing I've noted about the falling bug is that if you use any movement ability mid-jump (e.g. blinking, rocket jump, disengage etc) you 'interrupt' the jump and end up falling straight into the water. Aside from that I've never personally had any issues with it, I've tried all kinds of things - using my rogue and sprinting off the edge, jumping off, disengaging off the edge as a hunter and I've never had any problems so long as I don't try anything mid-jump.

Yes, its annoying as hell. a good 20% of our heroic attempts have been wipes caused by the falling bug. You can spend 10mins on the encounter, then a healer or tank gets dropped and you're screwed.

Never seen alex failing to kill whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by -Alcatraz- View Post
    Try not to ''Jump'' It's apparently how our hunter died in our raid OP.
    Some people say the opposite. If you jump, it gives it more time for the buff to appear and launch you. Probably doesnt make any difference :P