Thread: Holy gear

Deleted

Holy gear

Since my last post: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...rting-Holy-4.3
    I've finnaly finished my holy gear

Armory link:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eefstar/simple

Any thoughts/ suggestions regarding gems/enchants or even better alternatives for some of my pieces? thanks

Deleted
    This might be debatable to some people, but I prefer 40in gems in everything and screw secondary stats. Of course you still need 2 int/haste ones for the meta and if the set bonus is 20int then you can afford to have one 20/20 gem in there as well but otherwise I ignore socket bonuses and just get intellect. What you have however isn't terrible.

Also your reforging seems inconstant. Do you want haste or mastery? You're reforging for both seemingly at random, we don't have a haste HoT cap like some classes so there is no point in reforging to haste only halfway. Do it on all your pieces imo, I prefer haste>spirit>mastery=crit. You could make a solid argument for mastery builds now that it works with HR and so many fights rely on HR spam, but I still prefer good old haste.

Deleted
    I wanted a balanced mix, but I don't know what I'm doing xD. I'll re-reforge into haste and swap some gems.

What about the trinkets? Can't find any others that I can get without being able to get into FL

Deleted
    Stat priority:
    Int > Spirit > Haste > Mastery > Crit

How to gem?
    Basicly, you put Brilliant Inferno Rubys (40 int) in every slot (even if it's not a red socket). Only exception is when the socket bonus gives 20 or more Intellect, in this case you put either a Reckless Ember Topaz (or what was it called? - 20int/20haste) or Purified Demonseye (20int/20spirit) in the slot. You obviously have to use 2x Reckless anyway because of the Meta gem. You gem those in yellow slots that give you the socket bonus (for the small bonus).

Reforge?
    Item with haste and spirit - not.
    Item with haste and crit/mastery - crit/mastery to spirit.
    Item with spirit and crit/mastery - crit/mastery to haste.
    Item with crit and mastery - crit to spirit if you feel like you have mana problems, otherwise to haste (but this item probably isn't really a Holy Paladin item).

Enchant?
    Head and shoulder you get the Intellect reputation enchants (head from Guardians of Hyjal, shoulder from Therezane.)
    Cloak: 50 int.
    Chest: 20 stats.
    Wrist: 50 int.
    Gloves: 50 (?) haste.
    Waist: Ebonsteel Belt Buckle.
    Legs: Int/Spirit spellthread (forgot the name a sec).
    Feet: I usually go for Mastery+incr speed, can also go for Haste if you don't feel like you need the increased speed.
    (this is if you have no professions)

Professions?
    Engi/BS are bests imo. Jewelcrafting isn't getting increased gems, which makes the bonus not as good as the new epic gems.
    Enchanter and Inscription are fine too.

If you have anymore questions, feel free to poke me.
    I haven't raided since WOTLK, so don't know exact numbers for everything.

You are missing your weapon enchant. I recommend Heartsong, it's good and cheap to obtain.

You should also be reforging to spirit whenever possible (like in your gloves and necklace, for exmaple).

Other than that, looks alright!
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    Yeah sorting out the enchant when I get some more money. Reforging what to spirit, mastery I assume?

Quote Originally Posted by Beefz View Post
    Yeah sorting out the enchant when I get some more money. Reforging what to spirit, mastery I assume?
    Anything but haste.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    Alright cheers, how valuable is Mastery? should I be looking to replace my trinkets?

I find +INT trinkets to be the most valuable since it still is by far the best stat to have in SUCH quantity. So apart from your trinkets having mastery as proc or on-use effect I don't see anything bad about them. The haste trinket for valourpoints is not good in my opinion - reforging to haste is more than enough, no need to sacrifice int for it.

i always go for my socket bonuses instead of gemming pure int so well done on that front. Spirit is good to an extent. I have about 2700 mp5 in combat and that seems to work just fine for me. After all we do have divine plea and other trinks to make mana costs go down or increase regen. haste crit and mastery are all important secondary stats and people will claim that you NEED TO HAVE IT A CERTAIN WAY!!! but for me i like having a higher crit because i proc infusion of light very frequently. but that doesnt mean get rid of all haste. mastery is a nice benefit if you get gear that has it but i wouldnt reforge into it.

common sense will get you through enchanting but when it comes to the wep go with power torrent unless you consistently have mana issues.

on a closing note it seems that you reforged waaay out of crit to go for haste and mastery; although i dont agree with that i cant really comment because i havent used that much mastery in a raid. do you find your illuminated healing making a significant difference with the high mastery?

it may be also worth noting that with my current gear and talents i routinely crit with divine light for over 70-75k...

my pally toon is hamnashida on the scilla server
    Last edited by hamnashida; 2011-12-05 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefz View Post
    Alright cheers, how valuable is Mastery? should I be looking to replace my trinkets?
    Mastery is .... ok. The problem it suffers from is its weak conversion of hps/point. Also, since it doesn't impact beacon of light in any way, it falls even further behind other stats. Haste means faster heals, which are copied by beacon, and crit gives bigger heals, which are copied by beacon. Mastery only affects one end of the heal. Basically, take mastery where you can get it, but don't bother reforging into it or gemming for it.

For your trinkets, don't worry about replacing them for now. Intellect as a base stat is much stronger than something else with a better proc than mastery. If you have access to them, Eye of Blazing Power and Jaws of Defeat are better, but don't worry about it if you can't get them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hamnashida View Post
    i always go for my socket bonuses instead of gemming pure int so well done on that front. Spirit is good to an extent. I have about 2700 mp5 in combat and that seems to work just fine for me. After all we do have divine plea and other trinks to make mana costs go down or increase regen. haste crit and mastery are all important secondary stats and people will claim that you NEED TO HAVE IT A CERTAIN WAY!!! but for me i like having a higher crit because i proc infusion of light very frequently. but that doesnt mean get rid of all haste. mastery is a nice benefit if you get gear that has it but i wouldnt reforge into it.

common sense will get you through enchanting but when it comes to the wep go with power torrent unless you consistently have mana issues.

on a closing note it seems that you reforged waaay out of crit to go for haste and mastery; although i dont agree with that i cant really comment because i havent used that much mastery in a raid. do you find your illuminated healing making a significant difference with the high mastery?

it may be also worth noting that with my current gear and talents i routinely crit with divine light for over 70-75k...

my pally toon is hamnashida on the scilla server
    I've only healed one heroic so far, only started collecting gear over the weekend, went from 0 holy gear to a full set. Planning on doing more heroics once I get home from work. Will try and keep some consistency with reforging instead of random reforging

I have yet to heal any of the new heroics yet, but if they are anything like ZA ( ZG was fine imo).....I dont plan on too. I can heal ZA, but I am just not a fan of the 70k crits on people at random, and working your a$$ off to heal a 5man.
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay here is couple of things.

in patch 4.2 - I would have said, always stack as much as int as you can.
    But now instances and raids are more.. Well, people take plenty of dmg, and you can be oom after a couple of pulls.
    (this is with unexperienced random dungeon group.)

I have taken more spirit, it has more "value" then before. (just my opinion)
    Still Int and spirit are very good stats, so basicly:

Mana problems --> Take more spirit
    No mana problems --> Take more int.

I have runned all the new heroics and raided. With Raid finder and with Guild.

I've been doing much of raid healing, and holy radiances mana cost is _large_.
    So in longer fights when dps might be low, you will need alot of mana.
    More then before. (imo)

Edit: I still mastery is useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiya View Post
    I have yet to heal any of the new heroics yet, but if they are anything like ZA ( ZG was fine imo).....I dont plan on too. I can heal ZA, but I am just not a fan of the 70k crits on people at random, and working your a$$ off to heal a 5man.
    please note i have the 4 set bonus that gives me a 10% passive heal when using any of the single target light spells... maybe i have it a little easier than most. and as for the at random comment, i usually use holy light and shock on non tank targets and save divine light for the tank... WoG is discretionary. so the big crits are where i need them not on random dps.

Deleted
    OP here is your secondary stat priority, based on what's worked for me throughout all the heroic fights this xpac and what most other pallies have done
    1) Spirit - until comfortable on mana, when you feel fine on mana regen then this drops to lowest priority. It's your call when this is.
    2) Haste
    3) Mastery or Crit. I would value mastery higher with the HR buff, so I think crit is 4th and last.

Why spirit first? Because until you have the mana to do your job the other stats are useless, get as much spirit as you NEED. However don't overdo it, if you're able to heal everything with 4k spirit then don't reforge to 5k.*
    Why haste second? Because it provides better HPS per point than crit, its more reliable in getting the heal out there right now then mastery and improves your reaction time.

*with the new HR, its likely you'll never have quite enough mana to do everything you want so you're safe to reforge into spirit as much as you can imo

For weapon enchant go Heartsong, cheap and effective.

For your trinkets question, you don't have many options outside of raids except for Darkmoon Card: Tsunami. The Tsunami is an awesome trinket for its iLevel, other than that the Justice Point trinket is decent and there are some good int ones in LFR and the new 5 mans.
    Last edited by mmocf1640b68b7; 2011-12-05 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    Since when? That's the exact OPPOSITE of what pallies have been doing all xpac long. Provide some reasoning or evidence of this because otherwise you're misleading the OP into doing the exact opposite of what most top-end pallies do.

OP here is your secondary stat priority, based on what's worked for me throughout all the heroic fights this xpac and what most other pallies have done
    1) Spirit - until comfortable on mana, when you feel fine on mana regen then this drops to lowest priority. It's your call when this is.
    2) Haste
    3) Mastery or Crit. I would value mastery higher with the HR buff, so I think crit is 4th and last.

Why spirit first? Because until you have the mana to do your job the other stats are useless, get as much spirit as you NEED. However don't overdo it, if you're able to heal everything with 4k spirit then don't reforge to 5k.*
    Why haste second? Because it provides better HPS per point than crit, its more reliable in getting the heal out there right now then mastery and improves your reaction time.

*with the new HR, its likely you'll never have quite enough mana to do everything you want so you're safe to reforge into spirit as much as you can imo

For weapon enchant go Heartsong, cheap and effective.

For your trinkets question, you don't have many options outside of raids except for Darkmoon Card: Tsunami. The Tsunami is an awesome trinket for its iLevel, other than that the Justice Point trinket is decent and there are some good int ones in LFR and the new 5 mans.
    You need to start reading posts properly, anything but haste was his reply to what to reforge to get more spirit, i.e. reforge mastery or crit to spirit and leave haste alone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayrah View Post
    You need to start reading posts properly, anything but haste was his reply to what to reforge to get more spirit, i.e. reforge mastery or crit to spirit and leave haste alone
    Fair enough, misread OP's question. That's why it seemed weird.