Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Darkmoon Duelist imo needs to be redesigned

Well Ive been checking out the Darkmoon Faire and it all seems like a really nice addition, then I had a go at looting this chest and tbh it's ridiculous.

People are comparing it to Gurubashi Arena and that is simply not the case. Gurubashi is not in a cage, it is an open arena that you can enter from any side.

With the Darkmoon deathmatch the winning person is basically the within the group who camps there the longest as it is piss easy to just AoE the doorway where we spawn as we enter and nuke everyone down.

I think they should either change the fact that its a cage, make it a pit... or they could evict everyone from the Arena as the chest is placed so all are entering at the same time.

I am an ach hunter but untill this one is made a little fairer I think i'll be skipping it for now.

Thoughts?

What's stopping you from doing it the "piss easy" way and AoE the door with the grp who stays there the longest?
    “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.”
    ~G.B. Shaw

Here's what I'd like to see change with:

1) Open it up as you've suggested.
    2) Make the area Free For All
    3) When the chest initially spawns anyone/anything within 40 yards (give or take) is teleported outside of the radius and must rush in to claim it and make it a 6 sec cast to open the chest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by balatro View Post
    Here's what I'd like to see change with:

1) Open it up as you've suggested.
    2) Make the area Free For All
    3) When the chest initially spawns anyone/anything within 40 yards (give or take) is teleported outside of the radius and must rush in to claim it and make it a 6 sec cast to open the chest.
    Really good ideas. When the chest is about to spawn, everyone should be ported out and talk to some sort of Gamemaster to get in the queue to join the pit (kinda like Tol Barad and Wintergrasp). Free-For-All, with no exceptions. Sure some people could team up and just focus on one person and leave each other, but they still can't heal etc then. I'd say 4 or 5 sec cast btw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Set this debuff to all the players as soon as they enter the arena:

"Immune to damage/Unable to attack for 5 seconds."

That will give time to players to enter the arena, make sure the loading screen is gone and position himselfs to start beign attacked/attacking.

Simple as that.

the people suggesting less than 6 second cast on opening the chest happen to be druids?
    Also, I personally love the way it works, how can you hate on a freaking cage fight.
    The achievement ain't easy, especially getting 12 for the 2nd part, but the harder it is the better the feeling after completing it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Some achievements are meant to actually be achievements. This is one of them, I guess.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

I'd support a free for all. I've see two chests despawn because a group of clowns thought it would be fun to group up 10 minutes in advance, and then one-shot anyone zoning in. They weren't interested in looting the chest, they just wanted to roflstomp people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EviForums View Post
    I'd support a free for all. I've see two chests despawn because a group of clowns thought it would be fun to group up 10 minutes in advance, and then one-shot anyone zoning in. They weren't interested in looting the chest, they just wanted to roflstomp people.
    I am still trying to figure out this whole system they have there. How does the chest despawn if people group up early? Is everyone supposed to be out of the arena for the chest to spawn and then everyone zone in?

Quote Originally Posted by chaddd View Post
    I am still trying to figure out this whole system they have there. How does the chest despawn if people group up early? Is everyone supposed to be out of the arena for the chest to spawn and then everyone zone in?
    The chets despawns if no one loots it. I'm guessing it's about 2 minutes.

i had ago at it this morning i went in everyone was fighting i went straight up to chest and opened it no-one attacked me they were to busy fighting other people made me laugh alot. game over lol

On the same server as OP.
    Thought I'd take a look yesterday. There was a Horde guild sitting in the cage, killing everything that entered. The chest was looted by them within seconds after spawning. No chance as lone wolf
    "MMMMMMMButtscratcher!"

10+ Year Old Account
    We tried to do this yesterday. There were 5 of us in the cage grouped at midnight but I don't recall seeing a chest spawn or seeing anyone get an achievement.
    Last edited by chaddd; 2011-12-05 at 04:02 PM. Reason: i > I

Deleted
    I think half of what makes it so hard currently is that it's new and so many people want to do it. I assume it'll get easier over time as less people try it and you can also do it at hours less people show up. It is like the gurubashi arena but if it was just a copy of it then it would be a tad boring, adding the only entrance and cage wall adds a bit of a nice twist in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by pharma View Post
    Set this debuff to all the players as soon as they enter the arena:

"Immune to damage/Unable to attack for 5 seconds."

That will give time to players to enter the arena, make sure the loading screen is gone and position himselfs to start beign attacked/attacking.

Simple as that.
    Yeah that would be alright. And/or make the spawn location random.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Warlocks being able to port out was the only thing that bothered me about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Professor View Post
    What's stopping you from doing it the "piss easy" way and AoE the door with the grp who stays there the longest?
    Some people don't have time in their day to camp a stupid arena for hours trying to get measly 10 point achieve (Yes on my server there are groups of at least 20 people camping that arena at almost all times). On a side note I did it this way and it is very true how easy it is to just aoe the crap out of the gate and nuke everybody as they come in, but then gl trying to loot the chest over the other 20 people in your group.

I like it because it is fun, but at the very least it is frustrating trying to get the achievement.

Deleted
    Pay some good PvPers on your realm to boost you to get that trinket.

Here's what I suggest they change:

1. Nothing
    2. Nothing
    3. Nothing

Deleted
    Amazingly I actually managed to loot the chest first yesterday and heres what happened...

I got the tokens and the gold and a guildie got the trinket and some pots.

Took me a while to figure out wtf happened and then I realised... MY BAGS WERE FULL! rofl

Sooooo let this be a word of warning, make sure you have empty bag slots before attempting this hehe