Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I plan to make a Defense Jedi Guardian my main. Thanks so much for this guide Elobi.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    For a Jedi Knight/guardian the professions that are recomending are Artifice/Archaeology/Treasure Hunting.. although I think that Biochem(alchemy)/Bioanalysis/Diplomacy will be nice option too..

a nice guide about professions is here http://www.starwarsmmolevelingguide.com/crafting-guide/
    thank you !

that was the only thing i was missing in this post cause profression are the one thing i have no clue ^^

and thanks for the great guide !!

Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    thank you !

that was the only thing i was missing in this post cause profression are the one thing i have no clue ^^

and thanks for the great guide !!
    :P glad to help :P

Elobi, I found a very interesting guide in the official forums here http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=1780
    what do you think of it? I am saying interesting because the guy there have spent more talent points into Vigilance tree than the Defense one http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#50...MzZhGrMMhzzM.1 . But after reading it he explains it very well. Since in swtor the Bonus threat is only 50% compared to wow and that 90% of time we fight packs of 5-6 mobs, focusing on threat isn't bad idea imo :P

I am really excited because I see a truly hybrid build there that I missed so much from wow...I am really happy that Bioware don't lock us into a forced 31 points in a single tree..I don't care if there will be a cookie cutter builds or some balance problems..I really want that option so bad :P
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Deleted
    Hey guys. I just started a JK guardian defense specced. Great guide this.

I got one question though that I really cannot figure out regarding the shield generator.

With Soresu active you get a 20% shield chance. Does this show up as a buff when it activates or perhaps an online animation like Saber Ward? Or is it hidden?

From what I read it seems to be hit/damage calculator. If so, can anyone give me a tip as what secondary stats we should be looking at as tanks?

Thanks.

And sorry if i asked an obvious question, but i am really missing it.

Deleted
    Would be very very greatfull for a jedi shadow version of this damn. good job

what the....

omg thanks for that fat update.. just saw it awesome.. thanks again

Awesome. We need a guide like this for Troopers. You up to it ?

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    Elobi, I found a very interesting guide in the official forums here http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=1780
    what do you think of it? I am saying interesting because the guy there have spent more talent points into Vigilance tree than the Defense one http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#50...MzZhGrMMhzzM.1 . But after reading it he explains it very well. Since in swtor the Bonus threat is only 50% compared to wow and that 90% of time we fight packs of 5-6 mobs, focusing on threat isn't bad idea imo :P
    8 of the top tier talents from the defense tree are pretty worthless really, so you might as well stick some or most of those into the vigilance tree and boost your damage AND get a nice 20% damage reduction every time you force leap... oh and a free focus cost force sweep which you will use every single time you pull a pack of mobs which will be almost every instance trash pull

Has there been any discussion about the 18/23/0 build? Looks something like this: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#50...MzZhGrMMhzzM.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    Has there been any discussion about the 18/23/0 build? Looks something like this: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#50...MzZhGrMMhzzM.1.
    my post and the post above yours?
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

For your BiS gear list, i dont think there is such thing as glance rating in game. Never seen a piece of gear with it or any item modifications. For an example Primeval Paragon’s Body Armor here is a screenshot of it in game in the vendor. I think they changed it from Glance rating to shield rating.

Last edited by Xorak; 2011-12-28 at 11:35 PM.

Fantastic guide. Just took my Guardian advanced class last knight (haha...) and i already love it. My one qualm was when you were discussing priorities, you had a misstype and put "Focus generating priority:" when it should be "Focus CONSUMING priority" because as far as i know, Blade Storm, Guardian Slash, etc all consume focus ;D

10+ Year Old Account
    It looks Official Good Quality And all that Buisness
    Could u translate it please to Sith Cos i dont understand one bit of it as a sith warrior =(

Quote Originally Posted by WoW6000 View Post
    It looks Official Good Quality And all that Buisness
    Could u translate it please to Sith Cos i dont understand one bit of it as a sith warrior =(
    there's a link at the top of the first post saying for sith warrior go to "Here"

10+ Year Old Account
    You could easily replace ability names and images and you have a sith juggernault guide aswell. I did so in my head while reading it.
    Good job.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Just because torhead.com says an item has an Augment slot, doesn't mean it really has an Augment slot. As an example, see the screenshot above of the Primeval Paragon's Body Armor. The in-game one does not show an Augment slot... thus your calculations about what Augments to use and your "pre-raiding" values are invalid.

Also in regards to the http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=1780 link, I don't trust that guide, because it was clearly based upon pre-live data... such as Cyclone Slash dividing its damage among all targets hit, which it does not do in live. Thus it's a very useful ability, contrary to what the guide that was on swtor said.

first just wanted to say thanx a lot for putting this together its a very helpful guide when wanting to get the best out of the jedi guardian. my only question (and if it was answered Ill read deeper) when buying armor and stuff for the guardian what should I focus on? I have my armor rating up around 6k but get beat down fast in warzones. what did I miss or what did I not focus on? what stats should I look for when getting new gear? PLEASE HELP thanx!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sigonju View Post
    first just wanted to say thanx a lot for putting this together its a very helpful guide when wanting to get the best out of the jedi guardian. my only question (and if it was answered Ill read deeper) when buying armor and stuff for the guardian what should I focus on? I have my armor rating up around 6k but get beat down fast in warzones. what did I miss or what did I not focus on? what stats should I look for when getting new gear? PLEASE HELP thanx!
    Necro much :\

If your looking for stat priorites http://www.noxxic.com/swtor/ is a great site for that, not sure how accurate there info is though.

Quote Originally Posted by sigonju View Post
    Unfortunately it looks like the guide hasn't been updated since last December so the information is pretty out of date. I am sure some of it is still useful but some of it probably isn't at this point.