Shadow on madness of DW: killing bloods and blisters.

In the Madness of Deathwing encounter, we are struggling a bit on killing the adds without the help from the Aspects. I'm wondering what I can do as a shadowpriest to improve my damage on these adds.

What is the best way to kill the Regenerating Bloods without Kalecgos' buff? My method was using Mind Spike, Mind Blast and SW: Death. I suppose I will be saving the shadowfiend for this as well next raid. And if the bloods are close to regaining health, either dot them or dot the limb instead.

The Blistering Tentacles, we didn't kill them much, but they seemed to go down quick enough that dots are a waste. Is it Mind Spike there as well?

Mind sear bloods save dark evangelism for it on last platform. I don't attack blistering as our melle.get em.down fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

For our platform order we are doing red-yellow-green-blue (left to right). We found that having dream and the dps bonus were by far the most important buffs to keep as long as possible. We were able to save hero and most of our healing CDs for p2 doing it this way. We just didn't need them on platform 4. I have a mind sear macro on our main tank for bloods. This allows me to keep DoTs rolling on the claw/arm without target swapping. The tentacles die so quickly on our attempts, that I just single target mindflay, since they are usually dead by the time one channel is finished. When we have bloods and tentacles at the same time, I prioritize the bloods with our Ele Shaman, since mind sear and spammable chain lightning are so powerful, and our melee take care of the tentacles. We had multiple 4% wipes due to silly tank deaths in p2 (one forgot to use dream....sigh), before we ran out of raid time this week. Best of luck to you!

Deleted
    I just Mind Seared the Bloods and used Mind Spike on the Tentacles. Maybe it only works if you got enough AoE though(we had a Fire Mage and Demonology Warlock). It depends on your setup really.

Thanks for the replies. The reason I asked about both bloods and blisters is that we don't have a kill yet so we are trying different ways. Let's hope it works tonight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keeping CDs and BL for the last wave of blood it's a nice idea too since you need really high dps to aoe them down

The bloods die so fast for us, it's not even funny. 2 ele shammies, shp, hunter, rogue, arcanemage, afflilock. Mindspike and Mindblast the blisters. Try to tell your dps in advance which sides to kill with priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    Mind sear bloods save dark evangelism for it on last platform.
    I'm guessing you mean Dark Archangel? It doesn't affect Mind Sear damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Wekapedia View Post
    The bloods die so fast for us, it's not even funny. 2 ele shammies, shp, hunter, rogue, arcanemage, afflilock. Mindspike and Mindblast the blisters. Try to tell your dps in advance which sides to kill with priority.

I'm guessing you mean Dark Archangel? It doesn't affect Mind Sear damage.
    Evangelism is the buff you get before AA which consumes evangelism. Not sure if evangelism counts towards mind sear though but hey why not try anyway because AA doesn't.

Has anyone tried killing Red last, blue 3rd? Or do you hit the enrange timer? It just seems like its easier but you need more dps.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

We do Ysera->Alex->Nos->Kal
    Everyone switches to AOE bloods and they die usually before mind sear has finished. But we also use 1 tank, 2 heals, and 7 dps.
    I use mind spike+MB+swd on bolts, MS+MB on small tentacles that are immune to aoe (forget the name?)

For the small tentacles we split melee left, ranged right and work towards center.

My question is why you are trying it without Kalecgos. Damage is the most important aspect of this fight -- everything else can be handled through survivability cooldowns and good play. We went with the icyveins.com strat -- Ysera -> Alexstrasza -> Nozdormu -> Kalecgos. It was pretty easy, to be honest.

Save Kalecgos' platform for last.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by UunaPriest View Post
    We do Ysera->Alex->Nos->Kal
    Everyone switches to AOE bloods and they die usually before mind sear has finished.
    My group did the same way, except we were 2-tank/3-healing it (Spriest[me]/Moonkin/Hunter[BM?]/Fire Mage/Mut Rogue). Rogue stayed on the claw/tentacle/whateveritis the whole time, and we AoEd it down each time without a problem. We had tried a number of other platform combos, but this one seemed to be the way for us to do it - we didn't get the kill because a healer kept DCing, but it seems to be a popular platform order in 10 man. As for the blistering, Mind Spike/MB/SWD seems to be the only way to effectively do it. The bolt as well, I was trying both MS/MB/SWD and dotting really quick. I did slightly more damage to it with the spike spam.

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    My question is why you are trying it without Kalecgos. Damage is the most important aspect of this fight -- everything else can be handled through survivability cooldowns and good play. We went with the icyveins.com strat -- Ysera -> Alexstrasza -> Nozdormu -> Kalecgos. It was pretty easy, to be honest.

Save Kalecgos' platform for last.
    If you kill alex last all you have to worry about is the bloods since she will take care of the blistering tentacles, at the cost of the kalec buff which will last till the 4th platform which is alex, as long as you strong dps for the last platform leaving alex up makes handling the adds easier in my eyes. However I never tested this yet.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

We're fine with Ysera->Nozdormu->Alexstrasza-> Kalecgos. Barrier, tranquillity, aura mastery and cry will be ready at each of the two bolts which aren't absorbed so it's not hard going through 2 of them.
    Keeping alex 3rd lets us ignore the blistering mechanic until the 4th limb, where only 2 waves will spawn so it's cake. We get rid of bloods quickly with kalec buff. I really don't see why Nozdormu is killed for 2nd, defensive cooldowns will always be ready at every bolt.
    We tried at first with Alexstrasza as the last one, but we had huge problems with bloods and cataclysm cast. I'd recommend you to keep Kalec until the end, whatever order you choose for the others.

I started the thread to ask about the best spells for each type of add, not which platforms to go to in which order. That will depend on your strengths and weaknesses as a raid (which is something I think is great).

We did kill it last Monday, after I asked here, so thanks.

We took the bloods without Kalecgos on the 4th platform, started dotting them until they regained health and started AoE as soon as they got full health. We killed most of them, and the survivors were tanked until the limb was dead.

We went in with a fairly bad raid comp for this but pretty good aoe, boomkin, warlock, shadowpriest, hunter for our ranged. I just mind spiked to proc insta mindblast the single target adds, dot rotation is pathetically slow for this and you simply wont get benefit otherwise. Mind seared the bloods and then we were single targetting the regenerative add. Due to its health pool i was putting up full rotation on it.