Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Info on the Mace.

Proc does not heal you.
    ~15 second ICD.
    Does not require friendly targets to be in group with you.
    ~10% proc rate (Takes me about 10 spells to proc it usually, but I have seen the smallest interval of 15 seconds in between procs.)
    No target cap.
    No Diminishing Returns on multiple hits.
    Follows same exact range/positioning of Light of Dawn.
    Seems to take into effect each hit of a spell in procing (I saw a noticeable difference in between spamming holy light and holy radiance)
    Can crit.
    Does not transfer to beacon.

Hope this helps.

This mace is amazing, always doing 6-10% of free healing.

Can't wait to get my paws on the heroic version of this :-p

10+ Year Old Account
    Does it have a graphic?

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    Just doesnt seem worth using because of all the stats you'd lose

Idk, didn't drop for us yet
    It's BiS.
    Even the LFR is an upgrade to healing above heroic firelands drops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by Irisel View Post
    Does it have a graphic?
    It's some sort of fire "exploding" on everyone that gets hit - very hard to notice (compared to LoD) if there's aoe going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    It's some sort of fire "exploding" on everyone that gets hit - very hard to notice (compared to LoD) if there's aoe going on.
    Yeah, I do sorta wish it like, literally set folks on fire or something more noticeable, or did a conical flame jet from the proc animation. That said its a tough call, as whatever aesthetic they are attempting to get with the proc, its not a friendly looking thing... which could confuse folks in your raid.

Got mine last night(LFR version at least), and ran a Morchok kill in LFR again to test it out. well, recount showed me that it pulled 15.5% healing over the fight...I think it was inflated a bit by some slacking from other healers (should not have been that much dmg available for it to heal imho) what are folks seeing more regularly with it, in groups where your healing team is rock solid, kinda curious to see what I should expect when I do my normal mode run this weekend

Thanks much!

Basically they gave healers a legendary mace. This is better than the Val Hammer from Ulduar. Imagine if people had this mace in Heroic ICC or Hard Mode Ulduar when it was progression.....

Deleted
    For you healers out there using weak auras, here's something to track it.

Code:
    d8JZhaWzGwpkkpMkTljsETeP2hkQAMsG5kL0SH4Wu1nrPQoVu03ebxdLStiTxYUr1(bOFIcnmQW4Kc)LsnujKbdGHtjhuI4YihtbhhLkwiv0sfHYILOwoupukXtvTmuWZbnravtvstwutx4IsOUkGs9mPuDDPAJsPCoafBwK2Ui6JOOsFffvmnf67OugPiuTnuQ0ObKXlbDsuKBjc50kDpuQYkbuYTv0VPynOQUxvf6q9Hsnwkw6t9SEwv9YE3sNXgRwmigSQcDuOouOxiJPPqkekddo0lBWzclN6nzmnfsHqtedoAOJjW1WRnTiDqSPBPx2GZe(lZiHoOx2GZeUfdIbRQqzqTXQb72oRbhdoA3rd2LbGPDLMiwJcTDH6qOJcDqHovOLNNPSkRx2GZeMX0uifc1HoKqslYS8q3jJ1kJSFbf3wv3NZBSgUhXoWliiHHQQqFZ6SVNntkWloXyUmIQZ7ZkEbbjmuOd6igFwvDSbHuvF2rIvvfkuOx2GZeU4miPFIWEGaeGBq2ScDxvf6GQ6E3ynCOQ6WWJdv1HMopRdiaUDyyM6qtNNTT8bq63055wVfHGaB9wecInWMV2TTyQfpmSDWQugqq9SXgA68SCQqHEGxqqcRQo0Iqqq9tsVfeYZHlheqaAdXpjOoMM6o0H9YusIhVNMUfQBN4fxsb6DoLK4HEStkRhnTiDkjXd9Ch7J1W1hyPtjjEO3Izw2hacqbgqDOPJDPoFdDleFtcR3HKn0Iqqq9tso15(jbvvOd6aREgKMepGacGjfqacGiabOOoMuO3HKn00XUuNVHCQJPjJwe2hgSoZZE6UDyyM2aTzsp2jLvOJy8zv17qY2fXdHYPo2GqQQp7iXQQcf6DizdTix5uhArUQQdxoicj0bf6UiEiuvD4Ybri9IkPGsaotOkuONA4XxMrcLHr98cTq8nF4Dlnuhqa0Xe4A41MwK(6A46fYyAkKcHoQZmJzQ2ybmJJjWAGbhjm2yO9rwknrSg199WOY6(CEJ1W9i2bEbbjmuvHoOQEGxqqcRQE00I0HHp6qDyVmLK4X7PPBH62TuYR2VwsIv1PKep0zkOjGaum70xllkRd7LPKepkctPBH6VOIlOa9oKS3GMO(jjN6Bqtu)KeAcngBWsVdj7oFd5uVZPKep0JDsz9oFdDleFtcRqVZd8ccsyv13GMO(jj0eAm2GLcfk03SoWjmOHxe246szDEFwXliiHHcLbDpFN(ynCv1HHhhQQBHjif6P(mPqpD5leiv1TWeKcDqSHnfk0Zl0cX3KjxdxNjEq4uVl1ktUgoS1LN0E6Dj7bGSZKpaITLdI9BoZMD22XGURXGKnSXLtfcLbv198D6J1WvvhgECOQUfMGuON6ZKc90LVqGuv3ctqk0bXg2uOqpWliiHvvpAAr6WWhDOoLK4HotbnbeGIzN(Azrz9oKSxEscdjvwVdj7nOjQFsYPEhs2D(gYPENtjjEOh7KY6lpjHHKCQVbnr9tsOj0ySblDmnz0IW(WG1zE2thttDh6UDyyM2aTzsp2jLvOJy8zv17qY2fXdHYPo2GqQQp7iXQQcf6DizdTix5uhArUQQdxoicj0bf6UiEiuvD4Ybri9IkPGsaotOkuONA4XxMrcLHr98cTq8nF4Dlnuhqa0Xe4A41MwK(6A46Ugds2Wgxo1lKX0uifcDuNzgZuTXcyghtG1adosySXq7JSuAIynQ7Z5nwd3Jyh4feKWqvvOVzDGtyqdN543y5G6DEGxqqcRQ(g0e1pjHMqJXgSuOZ7ZkEbbjmuOd65fAH4BYKRHRZepiCQ3LALjxdh26YtAp9UK9aq2zYhaX2YbX(nNzZoB7yqHc9KcDy0Hdfsa

Deleted
    It's amazing. When it drops, I'll most likely get it

The healing on it is disgusting for most of the fights in Dragon Soul where everyone is stacked up.

Like someone mentioned earlier in the thread, it's worth having a second weapon to swap to on certain fights - think say, Hagara heroic lightning phase, or if you're using a spreading strategy for something like Warmaster Blackhorn. Otherwise, go crazy with the proc before it gets nerfed :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulldancer View Post
    Basically they gave healers a legendary mace. This is better than the Val Hammer from Ulduar. Imagine if people had this mace in Heroic ICC or Hard Mode Ulduar when it was progression.....
    While Maw of the Dragonlord is admittedly way better for holy paladins than Trauma was...my druid had Heroic Trauma in ICC and it was pretty dang nice. My priest got Maw of the Dragonlord last week, my druid lost the roll on it this week (but got the staff). My poor paladin is always left out in the cold.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkelementz View Post
    Anyone feel like this mace is just TOO powerful? I picked one up on my paladin in LFR and it's pulling 5-15% of my healing depending on fights.
    It's a weapon from the end boss of an entire expansion, it SHOULD be overpowered. The problem is that Blizzard made the end boss killable in the LFR on week 2 so everyone and their mother has access to it. I got my hands on the LFR version last week and when I tested it on Zon'ozz every healers collectively fell out of their chairs when we saw how much healing it did.

BiS for any healing class by a nautical mile

10 or 25

Was getting 8-11% of free healing from this on Spine Heroic 25 last night, seriously no other weapon even comes close to this. I took the mace from Morchok in case this ever gets nerfed though, ever the pessimist

I got the LFR version on my disc priest alt, and ran normal 10 man DS. I ended up doing something like 54k hps on ultraxion, with 1.9 million healing coming from the mace, making it third highest heal. Red buff totally works on it ^.^ And I really wish I would've logged that fight since I would've had #1 disc priest on 10 man >.>

But yea, the Mace is freaking awesome, do anything you can to get it as any healer.
    <Decidedly Uncouth> Horde Mal'Ganis

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    very hard to notice (compared to LoD) if there's aoe going on.
    agreed, the graphic effect looks more than damage than healing. It's a small, round, red smoke cloud which pops up above every target healed.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

(10 man)
    I currently alternate between the normal version of this mace and the heroic rag mace.

I use this mace for the fights we're usually all grouped up for such as Ultraxion, spine, madness, and the rag mace for everything else.

It's definitely worth it for the group up fights but I prefer ko'gun for everything else(until I can get vagaries of time).

Zeelot, have you tried switching between those two mid-fight (for Madness and Zon'ozz, for example)? I am really curious if this is viable or not (regarding mana-loss and resetting of ICDs by weapon switching).
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

The real question is, would they nerf it? Being that all healers can and should get it, and being that it is self regulating for pvp (sure, could be ok, but nothing like its PVE uses). Unless its output trivializes fights... I dunno, gonna roll with it for now though

Every weapon from DW is insane, so i dont really expect a nerf.