Deleted

Holydins needing on str stuff

Why the holydins can roll need on STR stuff?
    Great system is great.

Do you mean in LFR?

Of course they can roll need, it can be used for one of their specs. Doesn't mean they get the role bonus though.

And if they ARE getting the role bonus, then the system is bugged and you should report the bug. Make sure the person specced Holy hadn't queued up as a DPS though, because it bases the role bonus on the role you signed up as, NOT your current spec.

They can roll "Need" since they may have a tank or DPS off-spec (i.e. actually can use it). Until they implement an "Off-spec" button, there is no other real option.

I think it's just some early growing pains with certain classes.

I'm sure they'll fine tune the system as things progress. Last night, had a Ret Pally, not only won the Insignia of the Corrupted Mind, but recieved a roll bonus on it.

As above people said, you get a bonus of 100 for items of your spec. With that in mind everyone should roll need on everything. Unless people pass or will be not eligible to recieve loot ret paladin will get ret gear over holy even if ret rolls 1 and holy rolls 100. If ret queued as dps, was able to get loot on that run, and they both needed, and holy still got it then thats a bug which you should report. This is ofc thinking that holy did join as holy, and not as ret, but changed to holy spec gear for whatever reasons.

Coz the gear from 4.3 is super hard to get....... for real.

(Adjective Here) loot system is (Previously Used Adjective here As Well).
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

10+ Year Old Account
    A healer (who signed up as healer) can never win any dps item, unless no one else needs it! They can roll if they want, but if a warrior rolls need and a Hpala rolls need on a plate strength item, the warrior will win it. If you have seen something completely opposite of this happening, then you need to report it as a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Brixen View Post
    A healer (who signed up as healer) can never win any dps item, unless no one else needs it! They can roll if they want, but if a warrior rolls need and a Hpala rolls need on a plate strength item, the warrior will win it. If you have seen something completely opposite of this happening, then you need to report it as a bug.
    I can roll need on spirit gear.
    I am a warlock.

Their filters are not quite correct yet

Quote Originally Posted by rijn dael View Post
    I am a warlock.

And it will be impossible for you to win it if a person queued as a healer rolls on it. If it is for your current role you get +100 on the roll.

Deleted
    Do people just not understand what a role bonus is or something? I've done like 7-8 LFRs and have yet to see a single item that didn't have appropriate role bonuses assigned and go to a correct person.

Get it through your heads, in LFR rolling need means NOTHING if you have no role bonus. If they role need and get the role bonus for an item that isn't meant for them, then you can complain.

I am a warlock.

Aye, they have some work to do for sure on LFR loot.

I queue my druid as dps, stay in resto spec just to make sure nobody ever dies, and can happily gear out both my specs simultaneously.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhurn View Post
    Aye, they have some work to do for sure on LFR loot.

I queue my druid as dps, stay in resto spec just to make sure nobody ever dies, and can happily gear out both my specs simultaneously.
    You get a role bonus for resto gear when you queued as DPS?

Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    You get a role bonus for resto gear when you queued as DPS?
    "resto" gear also falls under the category of "balance" gear, and since the system reads me as DPS, it gives a role bonus to both intellect and agility leather because it doesn't know if I'm cat or boomkin. A druid queued as DPS can roll on every piece of leather and every piece of jewelry and trinkets (other than healing specific procs and STR/tanking) , it's pretty broken.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhurn View Post
    "resto" gear also falls under the category of "balance" gear, and since the system reads me as DPS, it gives a role bonus to both intellect and agility leather because it doesn't know if I'm cat or boomkin. A druid queued as DPS can roll on every piece of leather and every piece of jewelry and trinkets (other than healing specific procs and STR/tanking) , it's pretty broken.
    Heh nice. I guess this might work for Shamans as well, hybrids getting some love from the system lol. I guess that should be fixed eventually.

I am a warlock.

Filters aren't correct? Cloth gear for example, if a mage or lock rolls on gear with spirit the problem is with the person not the system. I understand it might be an upgrade over some Ilevel 346-359 pieces but really? People want Blizz to have the perfect system but who in the hell can guard against people's ignorance? Their greed? OP I'm not saying you would or did but you say you can. The problem with this game is and always will be the ignorant values of the few that ruin a good system.