Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ash1ey View Post
    Just out of interest, are you using Wordpress for the frontend of your website?
    Not sure if I lose internet points for this, but yes I am (with my own theme and customisations of course).

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    I'll be playing a Shadow Tank as my main, so definitely going to pay attention to this website.
    And I hope there's more PVP theorycrafting and stuff, as tanking in PVP is very viable in SWTOR, as opposed to that other game
    I loved PvP'ing on my tank so it'll definitely be on the to-do list.

I have a tanking question right now. (sith juggernaut)

I noticed that there is a talent called Unstoppable in the vengeance tree. Is this worth getting over crushing blow?

http://www.torhead.com/calculator/skill#101fMGbubrokMZhGM0M.1

I have no idea how threat is by the time I could get crushing blow. And I don't know if a threat move is better than a damage reduction on force charge. My internal tank is yelling 'survive!' while the other is yelling 'I dont effing know!'

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    I have a tanking question right now. (sith juggernaut)

I noticed that there is a talent called Unstoppable in the vengeance tree. Is this worth getting over crushing blow?

http://www.torhead.com/calculator/skill#101fMGbubrokMZhGM0M.1

I have no idea how threat is by the time I could get crushing blow. And I don't know if a threat move is better than a damage reduction on force charge. My internal tank is yelling 'survive!' while the other is yelling 'I dont effing know!'
    It is discussed in th Jedi Guardian: Defense compendium aswell..

Yes you are gaining a 20% dmg reduction every 15 seconds. Which is absolutely awesome! However the means it take to trigger it, is not.

Crushing blow a magnificent threat talent, it is a BS T7 talent though - but thats another discussion.

You skip out more than just crushing blow, you skip out on increased focus generation from Soresu form, and a indirect lowered cooldown on Enrage.

For unstoppale to reach its maximum potential, you would need to run far enough away for you to be able to jump back in - and with a melee boss, that's gonna be real fun.

If we look at some numbers.

If you could use it on cooldown everytime - you would have 20% dmg reduc@ 26.6 % uptime - but that is a fairy tale.

Since you would have to start running(and provided the boss does not follow you) away preemptively to hit it on cooldown.

Now in a perfect world, you would be able to squeeze out 4 charges pr. minute

- but lets say you can only get 2 out every minute. then your down to 13.3 % - Now its a ok talent with situational uses.

What will you do about threat now that you need to run away to gain a dmg reduc while the dps goes nuts?, not that it will drop like out of the blue - but will you stack more threat stats to overcome it ?

Since you only gain focus from soresu every 5 seconds, meaning that a boss (say he uses an ability every 3rd second) - meaning that a fully specced tank would gain
    20 rage over the course of 1 minute, while you would only gain 12.

Which means that you need to gain more rage to keep the priority flow and pump out more threat to stay on top for youy getaway every 15 seconds.

I must say that I need to do some more threat calculations with CB before I can say anything in particular(NUMBARhS) about threat differences.

However I wouldn't take it!. Maybe for a specific fight, but the talent is way to situational compared to the overal threat loss.

Ps: you specced into Unleashed for what reason ? the only reason to spec into that is either PvP or because you are going into tier 2 in the rage tree for the 10 % every 1.5 min. ? or is it just random click to show the unstoppable talent etc..
    Last edited by mmoc95544e94a1; 2011-12-09 at 01:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Edit: Elobi beat me to it!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toralin View Post
    Edit: Elobi beat me to it!
    trolol xD ^____________^

Quote Originally Posted by Elobi View Post
    snip
    Make love to me yeah?

Thank you for the perfect answer I was looking for. And yes I just clicked talents to have an example build of taking unstoppable.

Thanks a whole lot, for realz.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toralin View Post
    Not sure if I lose internet points for this, but yes I am (with my own theme and customisations of course).
    Ah just wasn't sure. I thought it was but generally you see the info in the footer. Wordpress is always a good choice for content management

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    Make love to me yeah?

Thank you for the perfect answer I was looking for. And yes I just clicked talents to have an example build of taking unstoppable.

Thanks a whole lot, for realz.
    hehe.. Well i've been down that road myself many a times, cus it does look super awesome - espicially because T7 talent isnt very exciting !! - it should be rellocated back to its old position (t5)

Quote Originally Posted by Elobi View Post
    hehe.. Well i've been down that road myself many a times, cus it does look super awesome - espicially because T7 talent isnt very exciting !! - it should be rellocated back to its old position (t5)
    Honestly it reminds me a lot of vanilla warrior tanking tree. The one where shield slam was our final talent. I ended up tanking in MC with an arms>prot build and it was hilarious. I know the game is way more advanced than those days but I wanted to check to make sure I wasn't missing out on some super secret build (sword specialization in arms as a tank? yes please ty).