View Poll Results: So, animal cruelty or nature?

Voters
678. This poll is closed
  • Animal cruelty

378 55.75%
  • Nature, snake's gotta eat

137 20.21%
  • Nature, though he shouldn't have posted the vid

163 24.04%
Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Of course this is going to shock people. My gf absolutely loves cats (sometimes i think she loves them more then me :P) and is very sensitive to any kind of animal cruelty, if she saw this she would be devastated and im not joking. Does this guy really needed to do this and post in on youtube?! we are talking about domestic animals here, people comparing this to what happens in the wild are very stupid. I love nature shows and i like to see animals hunting and such, but it has nothing to do with that, an idiot feeding hes domestic pet with a kitten, i completely agree with considering this animal cruelty.

I saw some news of a woman in the UK getting 10 months in jail for putting a cat in a microwave, i dont know where this guy is from but if he had posted this from the UK he would be in serious trouble.
    Last edited by Bikni; 2011-12-22 at 09:03 PM.
    “The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church”

-Ferdinand Magellan (1480 – 1521)

He did post it from the UK, the RSPCA are after him. Additionally, he had another video where he drowned a cat tied to a broomstick. So there's absolutely no question this was done for cruelties sake.

---------- Post added 2011-12-22 at 09:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nkrzx View Post
    To which I respond again, how do you derive animal cruelty solely based off how the meal was presented? Because he got some sick sense of enjoyment out of it?
    "Cruelty to animals, also called animal abuse or animal neglect, is the infliction of suffering or harm upon non-human animals"
    Nothing in there about deriving pleasure from the suffering unless you are inflicting it yourself. Not matter how sick and twisted the individual he was in fact feeding his snake.
    Well, he did inflict it pretty much The cat didn't go there by itself.

He wasn't just "feeding his snake", there was an ulterior purpose. I find it funny how people keep on using this to try and justify it. Live feeding like this is illegal according to the UK's Animal Welfare Act 2006, that is why the RSPCA are after him. This is not the US we're talking about.

---------- Post added 2011-12-22 at 09:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nkrzx View Post
    Just because he is a psycho sociopath who derives pleasure from the suffering of others does not derive into animal cruelty. He simply fed the kitten to the snake, no matter how twisted or how demented the method he choose. He did not harm the kitten in any way. The snake he fed him to did. Just because you're appalled by the presentation of the meal to the snake does not constitute animal cruelty. He did not torture the kitten nor neglect it. He simply fed it to another pet. Obviously the kitten was being raised as a meal and not a household pet because he fed him to the snake LOL. Your argument of animal cruelty based entirely on the way the meal was presented is fundamentally flawed.
    Rubbish. That's like saying I didn't murder you, the lion did, if I threw you into a lion's enclosure. The person still threw the animal to the snake knowing it will suffer and knowing that it isn't necessary at all. Could argue he did torture the kitten by throwing it to the snake in the first place. Saying that he didn't harm the kitten in anyway is a completely fucking stupid thing to say, when you consider he threw the damn animal in there in the first place, causing the situation to happen.

Well well well... looks there's a lot of egg on people's faces. Turns out, this was the same guy who cut off his boyfriend's body parts! Turns out the "it's cruel" camp was vindicated after all. I'll say it again, people who do this sort of crap and post it on the internet for entertainment are a few fries short of a happy meal. And in this case, the people who were saying he was a cruel, f-ed up person were right, and the "derrrr it's nature" camp were wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    You know I'd rather live on a planet full of people like him, because he is fine and I know where he stands, but people like YOU, who are so ready to call people you don't understand a "sicko" and want them shot to death (for feeding a fucking animal to a fucking animal, or even for just making a video of the process) - are really scary. The same people who would've burned "witches" or lynched people, no less.

Especially the guy who said that feeding a live animal is OK as long as there's no background music - this guy is a real sicko and I would rather him taken into custody as soon as possible.
    I'd say his reasons for filming it (OMG GUYS LOOK AT HOW CRAZY AND TABOO I AM LOLS, LIKE/SUBSCRIBE/FAVORITE PLX) are a little absurd, but the actual act of simply feeding his snake? Nothing wrong with those.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

"You know I'd rather live on a planet full of people like him, because he is fine"

Hahaha. I guess you want to be dismembered then, and your left big toe sent out by mail?

Deleted
    Yep lost faith in humanity again. Hope it all ends in December 21 2012

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not animal cruelty to feed live prey to other animals, such as snakes, in my opinion. Filming it doesn't make it any more cruel/disgusting, either. Some snakes outright refuse to eat something that is already dead. However, I don't like it at all if you are using cats to feed a snake. I have a soft spot for cats, as I had the pleasure of having the most lovely cat as a pet for 15 years.

I have seen some of those videos where live mice is fed to snakes. I see them educational more than anything for those who have pet snakes. How to properly feed them, what kind of environment is best for the snake to be in, etc.

It's clearly animal cruelty.

Look - I'm a big supporter of "tough luck, it's nature" mentality when it's in the wild. But guess what?

Domesticated animals aren't in the wilds, in fact they probably would do as well in the jungle as someone that never stepped out of a big city...because they haven't.

Domesticated animals are the kind of docile creatures that befriend even other species and that completly trust their owners. Those animals are not adapted to the tough life of nature - they are unfit to hunt, defend themselves or their kin, or to even realize what a dangerous situation is. They are used to an easy life without the hardship of the "survival of the fittest" of nature...pretty much like most of us, not used with having to fight for our lives as barbarians storm our homes and try to pillage our village and rape our daugthers.

Our human society DO NOT live by such tough rules - to even assume we do is ridiculous and downrigth ignorant. We build our societies, with laws, and security, and health care, EXACTLY so we don't have to live by nature's harsh reality, where those who grow old and incapable of fighting are often better off dead as to not be a burden to their people.

Is that a world you want to live on?

A house cat will often cuddle up with mice and dogs. I know because I own all of those, and I've never had a problem of one trying to eat the other. Why? Because domesticated animals abandon much of their discerning capabilities, leaving those to their owner - House pets are basically cubs and kittens forever, and you're their mother. It's your responsability to protect them from harm. It's your responsability to teach them what is good and bad behavior - and guess what, we usually teach them not to eat one another, or to even have to defend themselves from other animals. We do the defending ourselves.

When a human being, in complete control of the animal because of such trust, goes and betrays that trust by feeding it live in the mouth of a predator...that is cruelty.

It's like a mother giving it's 5 year old to cannibals while saying "Hey cutie pie, we're going to have some cake! Over there, with the big naked man with a knife."
    Last edited by bewbew; 2012-06-06 at 07:00 AM.

Just because something happens in nature, does not mean that as Humans, with a higher consciousness, we can't see that it is cruel.

Occasionally Chimps will get a blood lust and kill and eat another Chimp, does that mean that we should get them in cages to maim each other for our entertainment?

Also, the guy who did this was that psycho cannibal, so I hardly think his opinion on the matter is of any worth whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    It's not animal cruelty to feed live prey to other animals, such as snakes, in my opinion.
    Would you say the same for someone feeding a live rat to a snapping turtle, despite the fact that a) it doesn't need to be live and b) it's an unnecessarily drawn out and painful end?

Filming it doesn't make it any more cruel/disgusting, either.
    Context.

Santa hats, Christmas theme... why do you think a snuff film is disgusting in the first place? How does this obvious point of context elude you?

I have seen some of those videos where live mice is fed to snakes. I see them educational more than anything for those who have pet snakes. How to properly feed them, what kind of environment is best for the snake to be in, etc.
    Biggest cop-out reason. They are not educational. They have rock music in the background, or sniggering teenagers in the background laughing at what the prey animal goes through. There is no commentary in these videos, there is absolutely no explanation of a step by step process. Just various angle shots and close ups, usually accompanied with heavy metal music or moronic, snide comments like "eww look at that haha", "awesome". Want an educational film, go see Animal Planet where it actually happens in the wild, in its natural state, WITH commentary where one would actually learn something, where it is not set up just to purposefully inflict misery on another living creature for pleasure.

Saying they're "educational" is just trying to justify pointless cruelty to BOTH animals, nothing more.
    Last edited by Fargus; 2012-06-06 at 06:45 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    Well well well... looks there's a lot of egg on people's faces. Turns out, this was the same guy who cut off his boyfriend's body parts! Turns out the "it's cruel" camp was vindicated after all. I'll say it again, people who do this sort of crap and post it on the internet for entertainment are a few fries short of a happy meal. And in this case, the people who were saying he was a cruel, f-ed up person were right, and the "derrrr it's nature" camp were wrong.
    What is this about? Has this really happened? Do you have a link to it please?

Definitely cruelty, you should probably feed the snake something else aside from a live kitten, there are other alternatives like perhaps other insects or animals that are already dead...not a live kitten though, people are sick.
    Miranda Rights: Miranda has the right to a decent man to help her raise her baby.

Deleted
    If it's natural, is it okay to kidnap you and feed you to my snake? It's natural.

No, no it isn't, at least that's what you believe when you are placed in a situation where your selfishness is showing. Tools agree with social darwinism and "survival of the fittest" only when they are in the position to abuse others. if not, then it's a HORRIBLE thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    If this was nature, this snake would not have been in his home getting free meals.

The man fed this cat to a snake after playing with it, and uploaded it for good measure.

Animal Cruelty, hands down - no competition.

I think that feeding snakes with expensive kittens is squandering. But it's natural and people should drop that romantic notion about ideal world where lamb reclines at lion's feet, and realise that murder is a fundament of a natural order and that this moralistic sentements are not applicable.

If someone will post a video where another 'cute' kitten molesting, killing, rending and eating a mouse, will you dub it 'animal cruelty' too?

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    I think that feeding snakes with expensive kittens is squandering. But it's natural and people should drop that romantic notion about ideal world where lamb reclines at lion's feet, and realise that murder is a fundament of a natural order and that this moralistic sentements are not applicable.
    "Murder"? Animals can't murder. Murder is by definition a human act.

And spare us the "survival of the fittest" speech again - none of us, in a civilized, western society live by the laws of the wild, nor do our pets live fit to such situations.

Most of us wouldn't last 2 rounds if tossed to a snake, either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post

If someone will post a video where another 'cute' kitten molesting, killing, rending and eating a mouse, will you dub it 'animal cruelty' too?
    I doubt you would agree and be "okay" with murder being a fundament of natural order if applied to you.

Deleted
    Closing. Please, don't necro old threads.