[Bear] T13 LFR BiS List

Welcome to Bear T13 BiS

This forum page is BiS for Bears at T13 LFR.

If you are looking for other Cata Bear BiS gear list: (Link coming soon)

When dealing with Random Enchantment items, the best one is "of the Windstorm" for Bears.

BiS Raid (384):

Head: Nocturnal Gaze (2200 Valor)

Necklace:

Shoulder: Deep Earth Spaulders (Hagara the Stormbinder)

Cloak:

Chest: Deep Earth Raiment (Ultraxion)

Bracer: Bracers of Manifold Pockets (1250 Valor)

Gloves: Deep Earth Grips (Warlord Zon'ozz)

Legs: Deep Earth Legguards (Yor'sahj the Unsleeping)

Boots: Rooftop Griptoes (1650 Valor)

Belt: Belt of Flayed Skin (Warlord Zon'ozz)

Rings:

Trinkets: (depending on contents)

Weapon:

Relic: Ripfang Relic (700 Valor)

LOGS:
    Last edited by Auroro; 2011-12-14 at 05:56 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think I will be benching my bear in 4.3. I am tired of looking like a rogue with my off pieces (thanks tranmog, but that is not the point) most offpieces are not itemized for bears. So I think my pally will be getting some love this patch, will miss my bear though... a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bearmaster View Post
    I think I will be benching my bear in 4.3. I am tired of looking like a rogue with my off pieces (thanks tranmog, but that is not the point) most offpieces are not itemized for bears. So I think my pally will be getting some love this patch, will miss my bear though... a lot
    I am sorry, but you should take it to the Blizzard, not here since Blizzard does not look at these forum.

Blizzard need to make haste useful for bears, they have not done that yet.

you probably want to change the boots to the VP ones since those have crit/mastery

Quote Originally Posted by ragemaw View Post
    you probably want to change the boots to the VP ones since those have crit/mastery
    Agreed. There's already so much expertise on all the gear anyway, the expertise on Molten Blood Footpads won't really be that useful.

The only annoying part is yellow socket on the VP boots.

The same applies to the belt. The VP belt is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearmaster View Post
    I don't mind the haste so much. Sure I reforge out of it, but it does help me do some effect hybrid cat/bear dps when I'm not currently tanking (2 tank fights). I especially like how easy it is to be hit/exp capped now. Nothing was more frustrating than to have every ability for the next 10 seconds miss, be parried, or dodged on a pull.
    Last edited by earthwormjim; 2011-12-06 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ragemaw View Post
    Problem with that is there is no way of getting Heroic VP gear atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Jitters View Post
    Problem with that is there is no way of getting Heroic VP gear atm.
    yes, but this is a LFR BIS list.

You dont need a BiS list, we have the simplest itemization of all class's.

1) If it has agility and higher item lvl take it.
    2) If it has Crit/Mastery its BiS

And there you have it, bear gearing explained. The only thing remotely difficult is picking the right trinket. A useful tip is just dont go with stam trinkets. if you stack too much stam it gets to the point where you are just harder to heal. I always go with agility trinkets, or flat mastery ones and reforge to dodge. I'd keep my 52% dodge over a massive health pool anyday.

You should rename this thread to "LFR BiS list".

Also page layout is really bad. It tooks ages to scroll your post on 1920x1200 resolution, think about people who read this forum from laptops and mobile phones.

If you are going to add more information to this post, like adding "Normal modes bis list" "heroic bis list" it will be totally unreadable.

Also There is no reason to split lfr normal and heroic lists, because some items that drop in normal mode can be better than items that drop from heroic mode.

And where are you going to put PvP gear? To normal gear? Or to heroic gear? It is obvious that some 403 pvp gear is better than 384 pve gear for bear.

You have a lot of work to do to make your post at least somewhat usefull.

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    You should rename this thread to "LFR BiS list".

Also page layout is really bad. It tooks ages to scroll your post on 1920x1200 resolution, think about people who read this forum from laptops and mobile phones.

If you are going to add more information to this post, like adding "Normal modes bis list" "heroic bis list" it will be totally unreadable.

Also There is no reason to split lfr normal and heroic lists, because some items that drop in normal mode can be better than items that drop from heroic mode.

And where are you going to put PvP gear? To normal gear? Or to heroic gear? It is obvious that some 403 pvp gear is better than 384 pve gear for bear.

You have a lot of work to do to make your post at least somewhat usefull.
    PVP gear will not be listed since they are useless in Raid.

In fact, my server, anyone that was wearing PVP gears were kick out of the raid group. Sorry, I support that idea.

Not really, There is no different in the gear set up, and there someone that finish the other two BIS for mmo. I feel that since those two are done i do not need to make those list. Use the search button to find those list or i could do you something better i give you the link to those list and it does not have PVP gears inside as well.

T13 Normal

T13 Heroic

The page layout is not my fault, Take it to MMO Champ it is their tools I am using. It is harder to get the layout to work right. I check this page on my friend's laptop and it look right. You just have to deal with it or get a better computer.

If you were willing take a picture of the page so i can see what the hell you are talking about, because my computer is showing it correcting.

Sometime I am nice, other time I just not in a good mood. You got me in a not a good mood.

Quote Originally Posted by Auroro View Post

In fact, my server, anyone that was wearing PVP gears were kick out of the raid group. Sorry, I support that idea.
    As they say, ignorance is bliss. The 390 pvp gear is practically BiS pre dragon soul, so I'd imagine the 403 isn't so bad compared to LFR gear.

Gotta love when people shit on you, when you're actually wearing the best gear available to you. I mean, what do these people want bears to do, equip gear thats actually worse, just to make them happy...?

Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    You dont need a BiS list, we have the simplest itemization of all class's.

1) If it has agility and higher item lvl take it.
    2) If it has Crit/Mastery its BiS

And there you have it, bear gearing explained. The only thing remotely difficult is picking the right trinket. A useful tip is just dont go with stam trinkets. if you stack too much stam it gets to the point where you are just harder to heal. I always go with agility trinkets, or flat mastery ones and reforge to dodge. I'd keep my 52% dodge over a massive health pool anyday.
    There are times stam is helpful. For example on normal mode madness I can eat the impale with just barkskin as a CD if I use my double stam trinkets where as with my agi/mastery/dodge combos I need to use either SI or FR once alextraza is down. While I'd never use double stam trinks as a default loadout there are fights they are a valid choice. Its funny our prot war needs external CD's half the time and I'm like dont bother I can take it.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by iamspim View Post
    As they say, ignorance is bliss. The 390 pvp gear is practically BiS pre dragon soul, so I'd imagine the 403 isn't so bad compared to LFR gear.

Gotta love when people shit on you, when you're actually wearing the best gear available to you. I mean, what do these people want bears to do, equip gear thats actually worse, just to make them happy...?
    Well, if you are going to start a pvp vs pve war, don't.

I already shown that PVE will outdo PVP.

The different is only 5% or less per gear.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auroro View Post

I disagree with this. For druid tanks specificially the 403 pvp neck piece is itemized better than what you can find from the VP vendor and/or the raid. To be ignorant to this is like ignoring the stats that benefit your class the most...

I'd much rather use a pvp 403 neck piece with more agi/mastery than a 397 piece from the VP vendor that has less agi, less stam and 2 stats on it that I dont care to have.
    Last edited by rated; 2011-12-13 at 08:01 PM.

The page layout is not my fault, Take it to MMO Champ it is their tools I am using. It is harder to get the layout to work right. I check this page on my friend's laptop and it look right. You just have to deal with it or get a better computer.
    Look, I managed to do this, using the same tools.

Welcome to Bear T13 BiS

BiS Raid (384):
    Necklace:Cameo of Terrible Memories (1250 Valor)
    Shoulder:Deep Earth Spaulders (Hagara the Stormbinder)

Look, how compact and usefull it looks now. It was not hard at all.

If you were willing take a picture of the page so i can see what the hell you are talking about, because my computer is showing it correcting.
    I'm talking about post that was possible to fit into half of page instead of 2 pages. You should not make users to use scrolling to jump from necklace to trinkets in the list where you have just 1 item per slot for most slots.

It looks like you have no clue about bear itemization. Did you make any simulations before creating this "bis list"? How did you create this list? Using wowhead and comparing itemlevel?
    Most, if not all 403 PvP leather gear is much better than lfr 384 gear. More stamina+more agility+more ARMOR, in most cases overweights loss of one secondary stat. Considering how easy to get 403 pvp gear(takes just 30-60 minutes per week), its one of the best way of gearing for beginner bear tanks.

It looks like you have no clue about bear itemization. Did you make any simulations before creating this "bis list"? How did you create this list? Using wowhead and comparing itemlevel?
    Most, if not all 403 PvP leather gear is much better than lfr 384 gear. More stamina+more agility+more ARMOR, in most cases overweights loss of one secondary stat. Considering how easy to get 403 pvp gear(takes just 30-60 minutes per week), its one of the best way of gearing for beginner bear tanks.
    The only time it will work if there is haste on the PVE.

I also think you are undervalue the T13 set bonus.

Like I said if you want to get PVP gear, it is fine with me but I am not putting it on the list.

PVE will destroy the PVP if it has haste. Same thing happen if PVE has haste, the winner is PVP.

Neck thing sure go ahead and pvp.

PVP leg has haste which make the PVE leg a winner.

Shoulder it is a clear winner due to the socket, PVE.

Chest The winner is PVE.

Glove the is a wild card. You going to need to have T13 set 4p bonus so the glove winner will be PVE.

Head The T13 head item is useless so we check the VP and PVP to see the winner. ooooo...very close race by 11.49 points, the winner is pve.

I fix the list thing but you will have to agree that i do know my itemization. You need to understand that i do not even do pvp at all.

I will put the pvp item on the list if it beat the pve item but the pve item stay on the list for people who do not pvp.

---------- Post added 2011-12-14 at 06:02 PM ----------

Look, I managed to do this, using the same tools.

Welcome to Bear T13 BiS

BiS Raid (384):
    Necklace:Cameo of Terrible Memories (1250 Valor)
    Shoulder:Deep Earth Spaulders (Hagara the Stormbinder)

Look, how compact and usefull it looks now. It was not hard at all.

I'm talking about post that was possible to fit into half of page instead of 2 pages. You should not make users to use scrolling to jump from necklace to trinkets in the list where you have just 1 item per slot for most slots.
    I am sorry that you have a small computer screen and can't scroll down very well.

I want to not to have a wall of texts.

I want to go...

This is the head item.

This is the neck items.

Some people like that style than....

This is the head items.
    This is the neck items.

Am I being mean to pvper, good.
    Last edited by Auroro; 2011-12-14 at 06:06 PM.

Traen it really depends what the goal of the person is. If they're only going to be doing LFR then it doesn't really matter what gear they wear. If their intention is to do normal +, they'll want the 4pc bonuses. Since all of the offset pieces are VP the PvE gear will beat PvP.